Fan Duel ranks the top 10 pro athletes in NY

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Nelius said:
1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

Yea sorry you aren't getting that I'm just comparing them as big cry babies who can't lead a team. Never said Eichel was even half the player. KD will never win again unless he joins another super team. He's not "the man" like that. Very good player though

Except Durant led teams to two rings...and around we go. Lol.

If your argument is truly comparing perceived baby qualities then I'll let you have it, but you're not framing it very well

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Except Durant led teams to two rings...and around we go. Lol.

If your argument is truly comparing perceived baby qualities then I'll let you have it, but you're not framing it very well

He LED a team to 2 rings? What? He hopped on the bus of one of the greatest teams in history that was already on the way to winning multiple championships. And you said I had a wild take, lol. The Warriors were already great before him

Edited by KDIGGZ

7 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

He LED a team to 2 rings? What? He hopped on the bus of one of the greatest teams in history that was already on the way to winning multiple championships. And you said I had a wild take, lol. The Warriors were already great before him

He won Finals MVP twice and both Klay and Draymond have multiple videos that you can view online right now calling him "our best player". They give the Finals MVP to anybody just pitching in? I just thought the Eichel comparison was weird but now you're acting like sixth man Durant came off the bench for 8 points a game and was gifted a couple rings.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nelius said:

He won Finals MVP twice and both Klay and Draymond have multiple videos that you can view online right now calling him "our best player". They give the Finals MVP to anybody just pitching in? I just thought the Eichel comparison was weird but now you're acting like sixth man Durant came off the bench for 8 points a game and was gifted a couple rings.

Gifted multiple rings, absolutely. You can't just join a dynasty team and then be the reason they won. That's silly. The Eichel thing was clearly over your head so you will just have to let it go man lol

Personally I'd put Panarin on there instead of Shesterkin. 

Igor is having a fantastic season and should win the Vezina, but this is his first year playing at an elite level. Panarin has 5+ elite seasons (although none are as good as Igor's current season). 

Including Scherzer is a bit weird. I can appreciate he's had a fantastic career, but he's a 37 year old pitcher that never started in NY before this year. Should Von Miller be considered for this list? 

4 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Personally I'd put Panarin on there instead of Shesterkin. 

Igor is having a fantastic season and should win the Vezina, but this is his first year playing at an elite level. Panarin has 5+ elite seasons (although none are as good as Igor's current season). 

Including Scherzer is a bit weird. I can appreciate he's had a fantastic career, but he's a 37 year old pitcher that never started in NY before this year. Should Von Miller be considered for this list? 

Von Miller shouldn't be considered. He hasn't played for the Bills yet. However Tre, Poyer, Hyde could be on this list.

On 4/10/2022 at 11:08 AM, Gugny said:

He doesn't even belong on the list.  Neither does deGrom.

Aaron Judge can't even get a deal done with the money is no object Yankees.  Yeah a fan favorite with the HRs and a physical freak but just like DeGrom, miss way too many games.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Aaron Judge can even get a deal done with the money is no object Yankees.  Yeah a fan favorite with the HRs and a physical freak but just like DeGrom, miss way too many games.

How an injury-prone guy who strikes out literally 50% of his at bats turns down over $200 million is beyond me.  That is pure stupidity.

On 4/10/2022 at 2:23 PM, Mr. WEO said:

resonates with readers??

anyway…Durant came back from a ruptured Achilles into the crazy shoe that the Nets became with chronic malcontent Hardin, chronic drama queen Kyrie (great leader of men right there…) and now hopeless softee Ben Simmons.  Durant has been the constant.  Yes he’s had some issues with his social media stuff and he’s injured more in his 15th year.  But fraud? Eichel for sure, Durant no.

but by all means, keep your “readers” resonating with this pure gold take machine!

Jack Eichel has a very good shot at finishing his 7th season with his 7th consecutive losing record. Vegas is 12-13 since he started playing and only collected 1 point in their 13 losses. They were 3rd in the West the day he started his first game and now might miss the playoffs all together. 

Kevin Durant is a sure fire first ballot hall of famer and is amongst one of the best scorers in the history of the NBA. KD is the Nets right now. I know people hear Kyrie, but that team is a mess at the moment and Durant is the glue. 

But yeah, totally the same guy....

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Lol they are both frauds. Both were expected to change a franchise but just whined and complained the whole time instead. Poor leadership skills

They aren't the "same" players or people in any sense of that word.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

Lol they are both frauds. Both were expected to change a franchise but just whined and complained the whole time instead. Poor leadership skills

I lived in OKC during the Durant years. Durant didn't change the franchise, he was the franchise. WTF are you talking about? He took a 20 win team to a 50 win team over the course of 2 years. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mango said:

I lived in OKC during the Durant years. Durant didn't change the franchise, he was the franchise. WTF are you talking about? He took a 20 win team to a 50 win team over the course of 2 years. 

That's why he ditched them to join the best team in the league to try and get a free ring. No respect for that guy. How would you like Diggs to say Bills won't ever do it I'm going to KC

41 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

That's why he ditched them to join the best team in the league to try and get a free ring. No respect for that guy. How would you like Diggs to say Bills won't ever do it I'm going to KC

"Quitting" a team to "join a stacked team" to "win rings" makes him a player a "fraud" huh?

Hmm...

On 4/10/2022 at 10:35 PM, KDIGGZ said:

The warriors were a very good team before KD, but you are selling him short. He won Finals MVP in both years that he was there. KD put that team over the top, he didn’t just hop on the bus, he was helping drive the bus.

1 hour ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

If true, where do you/we see him on this list?

Dunno I don't follow baseball or basketball so I don't recognize many of those other athletes. Hockey haven't followed as I'm not big on lack of effort and sabres have only just started showing signs of compete.  So I could just put the Bills  sabres players followed by alphabetical order 9n rest  but it would not fairly evaluate them.

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2022 at 3:37 PM, Mr. WEO said:

"Quitting" a team to "join a stacked team" to "win rings" makes him a player a "fraud" huh?

Hmm...

How's that fraud Durant doing these days? He will never win on his own because he's not a leader. But hey maybe he will watch and see who wins the finals so he can join them next

41 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

How's that fraud Durant doing these days? He will never win on his own because he's not a leader. But hey maybe he will watch and see who wins the finals so he can join them next

Well, better than that fraud on the Lakers.  But Durant can look back on his back to back Rings AND Finals MVPs in 2017, 2018.  You know, because he's not a leader.

Also, who, maybe besides Jordan, ever "won it on his own"?

I have to say, when you KDIGGZ a hole, you certainly keep diving in no matter how badly you are suffering.  The fact that you bumped this goofy thread proves you are a masochist.

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Well, better than that fraud on the Lakers.  But Durant can look back on his back to back Rings AND Finals MVPs in 2017, 2018.  You know, because he's not a leader.

Also, who, maybe besides Jordan, ever "won it on his own"?

I have to say, when you KDIGGZ a hole, you certainly keep diving in no matter how badly you are suffering.  The fact that you bumped this goofy thread proves you are a masochist.

Lol you were watching that garbage series and thinking about me weren't you? Admit it 🤣

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.