Hyde contract restructured

BillsMafi$

• BillsMafi$ changed the title to Hyde contract restructured
1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

That will get us compliant at 4pm with the new non accounted for signings of Saffold, Jones and McKissic

Could be, but restructuring Hyde, restructuring Milano (as reported) and the likely cut of Beasley today frees up a decent bit of space.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Saint Doug said:

I’m convinced the cap is actually fake. It’s a facade. 

The fact that the Saints are in on Deshaun watson and were like 60 million over the cap the other day is the best evidence that it is all faker than Kim Kardashian. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ChanticleerBillsFan said:

This cap stuff is confusing. All I know is bring us more players! 

It's not that confusing.  Basically a signing bonus is able to be spread out over the remaining length of the contract. So for example if they took $5 million of base salary and converted into signing bonus for someone with 2 years left on the contract, they would save $2.5 million against the cap this year because that $5 million would be spread out over two years. The downside is that they are increasing their cap next year(and for contracts longer than 2 years, every year thereafter I believe up to 5 years).  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Could be, but restructuring Hyde, restructuring Milano (as reported) and the likely cut of Beasley today frees up a decent bit of space.

It will.  Same with Star bieng a post june 1 designation cut. that would be another 4.1M roughly alone.  Bills cap is fine even if it looks tight as there are areas to save still if needed.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Hmm per sportrac they spread it over 5 years, creating 3 void years with dead cap §1.1M each.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/micah-hyde-12440/

Not sure I like this. 

But like I said I will judge once FA is over.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

All we’re doing is taking the money owed to Micah Hyde and turning it into guaranteed money. So the player gets that money upfront and the Bills free up much needed space.

Well it is not all we are doing. We are also creating lot of dead cap for future years. I am not saying we shouldn't do it but it is important to note.

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

Just now, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Is that all it does? Damn

Pretty much at this point.  3.8M in space at this point.  Needed more to fit Saffold, Jones and McKissic (they would not fit in the 3.8M curently).  Still alot of areas to make space up with restructures if Beane gets a big fish he will then hit the others like Tre, Dawkins, Diggs etc 

1 minute ago, Process said:

Why is Beasley still on this team?

probably working the trade side.  Nothing forcing a move with him yet.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

The fact that the Saints are in on Deshaun watson and were like 60 million over the cap the other day is the best evidence that it is all faker than Kim Kardashian. 

Yes, the cap is fake.

Also credit cards. You don't really have to pay them back at all.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Hmm per sportrac they spread it over 5 years, creating 3 void years with dead cap §1.1M each.

Not sure I like this. 

I am fine with they added void years, they will be small dead money 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Not sure I like this. 

Just means they added 3.4M of dead cap to 2024 and he's for most likely here through 2023. 

3 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Not sure I like this. 

Well it is not all we are doing. We are also creating lot of dead cap for future years. I am not saying we shouldn't do it but it is important to note.

I've thought about this too... but it seems everyone is doing this now.  Also, we don't have any one with a massive dead cap hit down the line.... these are all 1M here, 1M there.   It adds up, but with the cap going up - and Beane's philosophy of not mortgaging the future, I'm not too worried about it.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Just means they added 3.4M of dead cap to 2024 and he's for most likely here through 2023. 

Do you know how exactly that works? Can we at some point decide whether we want 1.1M dead cap each year from 2024 to 2026 or whether we eat all dead cap (3.4M) in 2024?

5 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Not sure I like this. 

$1M in dead cap money is not a big deal. Cap will probably increase by up to $10M a year next few years

2 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Maybe some converted to a signing bonus for cap relief?

I don't think so the year to tap into the Bank of Allen will be next year when his New deal actually kicks in.

1 minute ago, No_Matter_What said:

Do you know how exactly that works? Can we at some point decide whether we want 1.1M dead cap each year from 2024 to 2026 or whether we eat all dead cap (3.4M) in 2024?

You can structure you proration how you want as long as it is approved by the league.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, nucci said:

$1M in dead cap money is not a big deal. Cap will probably increase by up to $10M a year next few years

Gonna be way more than that...it's going to go up probably $80-90 million over the next 4 years. Those TV contracts getting ready to kick in are MASSIVE

Edited by Big Turk

11 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Think of it a pliable not fake.  Eventually it can be stretched too thin and you have to cut/restructure half your roster every off season like the Cowpies and Taints.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, nucci said:

Well I know §1M per se is not a big deal. But this is not §1M, this is §3,4M. And it adds up. Last year we had void years only for Addison and Sanders. Now it is Haack, Saffold, Settle, Hyde and we are probably not finished.

And I also know that cap will increase. So will players' salaries. The question is how much each team restructures and "kicks the can" down the road. I know I need to get used to Bills doing it, I just don't want us to become Saints or Rams (cap wise, not SB wise :) ).

But like I said I am not making big deal out of this. Just saying it doesn't make me happy. I need to see what the prize will be :)

1 minute ago, No_Matter_What said:

Well I know §1M per se is not a big deal. But this is not §1M, this is §3,4M. And it adds up. Last year we had void years only for Addison and Sanders. Now it is Haack, Saffold, Settle, Hyde and we are probably not finished.

And I also know that cap will increase. So will players' salaries. The question is how much each team restructures and "kicks the can" down the road. I know I need to get used to Bills doing it, I just don't want us to become Saints or Rams (cap wise, not SB wise :) ).

But like I said I am not making big deal out of this. Just saying it doesn't make me happy. I need to see what the prize will be :)

The average amount of Dead cap per NFL team is about 14 million.

This is no different to what other teams do.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.