Bills interested in Akiem Hicks

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

We will stop the run with DTs....as it should be.

Yeah all sounds good but the NFL is turning into a passing league we need linebackers who can cover tightends and corners who can cover wide outs you see what happened to us against KC when we played zone coverage

2 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Yes our secondary is slow as molasses

It got faster with Wallace leaving 😅

But really, Beane cited the need to get faster during his season ending presser. I'm sure we'll be much quicker come the season opener.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, junior said:

It got faster with Wallace leaving 😅

But really, Beane cited the need to get faster during his season ending presser. I'm sure we'll be much quicker come the season opener.

I liked and respected Wallace, but you are basically tied to only one style with him in the lineup.

31 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Prefer the 29 year old version.  Now can we have 1 edge rusher?

What for?

We're running power DT.

No edge rushers, all big strong DT pn the line and just pushing the oline back into the qb. 😁

Edited by The Wiz

1 minute ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

I liked and respected Wallace, but you are basically tied to only one style with him in the lineup.

Yup. Great story, but he has some real physical limitations. Time for an upgrade/a young guy with real potential.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I don't understand, we don't get much for cutting Star this year, but that would offer a major dead cap rollover for 2023 when Josh's cap hit goes through the roof

That’s not right. They can designate him a post June 1 cut and the number goes way up. 

6 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Now with 2 new DT's on board, the most important positions are CB, RG and Edge. I doubt we'll make another DT FA signing unless someone is foolish enough to ear Star's contract. I seriously doubt that.

I think we will draft a kid or bring back Zimmer when he’s healthy.

3 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Paging Edmunds’ mother! Edmunds’ mother, we have a comment about your son in an Akiem Hicks thread! Where are you?

I will let her know.  Who should I say called, a secret admirer or perhaps a rejected prom date?

In all seriousness, I remember your takes on him and well thought out/can understand what you're saying. 

But, can you say that we've had good players in front of him?  Will say he and Milano have a much better 2022, with the direction this dline is going.  

Either way, I'm all for getting more physical/stout up front and adding speed to the secondary/skill positions.

5 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

I will let her know.  Who should I say called, a secret admirer or perhaps a rejected prom date?

In all seriousness, I remember your takes on him and well thought out/can understand what you're saying. 

But, can you say that we've had good players in front of him?  Will say he and Milano have a much better 2022, with the direction this dline is going.  

Either way, I'm all for getting more physical/stout up front and adding speed to the secondary/skill positions.

I last saw her this morning in the “Buffalo Bills are reportedly interested in DE Chandler Jones” thread. I suppose she’s combing through every post looking for my next comments on Edmunds so she can spew her nonsense and start her baby-speak again 😂

In all seriousness on my end, there’s no doubt Edmunds, Milano, and anyone else in the secondary would look better with improved DL play. Anyone who argues they wouldn’t would probably be trolling. And you’re right, with the two new DTs up front, it’s already looking like a better proposition for our LB corps. Give me the beef in the middle and speed on the edges and secondary. I’m all for that.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Locomark said:

That’s not right. They can designate him a post June 1 cut and the number goes way up. 

A) My point was that "yes, the Bills go get something this year if they cut Star, and even if it's not much the benefit would be felt at a time we really need it. It's not as if they take a salary cap loss" and

B) A post June 1st cut only frees up the money after that date, so it will bear no impact on this free agency spree 

4 hours ago, Process said:

Not gonna lie.... If we sign Hicks, D. Jones for $7M, and Settle for $5M, and DON'T sign Chandler Jones... I'll be sick

Don’t be.  They drafted 3 DE’s the past 2 years.  The odds are they will keep trying to develop them.   Don’t let the rumor mill gas you up to get disappointed.   I wouldn’t mind Jones either, but I’m not counting on it.

Edited by purple haze

If the Bills do land Hicks, with 4 quality DTs on the roster (assuming Star is gone), I’d like to see some creative defensive wrinkles. I felt that was lacking at times last season. I’m not sure how often the Bills lined up in a 4-2-5 defensive alignment, but wouldn’t be surprised if it was over 70%.
Give me some 5-2-4 or 3-3-5 looks. Mix up the personnel up front and give me bigger bodies if the DL is going to be that deep again (this is mostly a reference to early, or run downs).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.