Feliciano cut [now according to Bills]

Draconator

1 minute ago, CSBill said:

He was good insurance who provided solid depth at all three interior line positions. Assuming Bates is the left guard going into camp, hopefully there is some else can take that role. Ike?

Ike had a serious injury late. They can't depend on that. They will have to add interior OL. 

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

Comp pics?

i02sb.jpg

No comp picks for released players sadly.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Exactly my question. 

I would tend to believe Skurski more but I don't know that I have logical reasons behind that belief

Matt "clarified" his story, or corrected it to the opposite of what he originally reported, lol

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think if they didn’t ask him for a pay cut it is because they knew he wouldn’t. He can double dip some now.

How much dead cap is there?

He’d be a great backup at RG and C, he wasn’t very good at LG…. But a guy who can do all three is uncommon.

But we could’ve used him for depth that’s for sure….

Go Bills!

I think this was a special team. The way we kept so many together for so long. But I think we’re paying some for overpaying players now and for KC-gate….I don’t think we’ll have that really close family feeling for a while now….

Although we still have Hyde and Poyer for now….

• Sad 1

Just now, billybrew1 said:

I think this was a special team. The way we kept so many together for so long. But I think we’re paying some for overpaying players now and for KC-gate….I don’t think we’ll have that really close family feeling for a while now….

Feliciano was benched though.

8 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

I think if they didn’t ask him for a pay cut it is because they knew he wouldn’t. He can double dip some now.

He’d be a great backup at RG and C, he wasn’t very good at LG…. But a guy who can do all three is uncommon.

Go Bills!

$1.5M dead cap, $3.4M cap savings

2 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

Uncle Mongo's gone, team chemistry is over. 😱

10 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

Go Bills!

Re-sign Bates and you have one that does play all three 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

Go Bills!

There are like 20 guys in the draft with C/G flexibility. Plus you have Bates and could re-sign Boettger, both guys can play both guard and center. Plus there are a ton of guys with that flexibility who are free agents including Aaron Kromer guys Austin Corbett, Austin Blythe, and Brian Allen. Mongo won’t be missed imo and is a league minimum guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

There is no way he was offered a pay cut and refused. He’s a vet min guy imo

I don't think he seems himself that way and he probably shouldn't see himself that way.

Overall in the league, OL play is pretty bad.  Mongo had higher value to Bobby Johnson because of their mutual background with the Raiders; he was one of the guys brought in to help "teach" Johnson's techniques.  He also had higher value last year when he started at RG and backed up at C.

At present, the Bills have Williams penciled in at RG and Bates ( assuming they retain him) penciled in at LG and backup C.  But there are OLs in the league where Feliciano would be a clear upgrade on the incumbant starter, and add positional versatility to boot.

He may not get $4.8M AAV elsewhere,  but he's likely to get more than vet min.

• Agree 6

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't think he seems himself that way and he probably shouldn't see himself that way.

Overall in the league, OL play is pretty bad.  Mongo had higher value to Bobby Johnson because of their mutual background with the Raiders; he was one of the guys brought in to help "teach" Johnson's techniques.  He also had higher value last year when he started at RG and backed up at C.

At present, the Bills have Williams penciled in at RG and Bates ( assuming they retain him) penciled in at LG and backup C.  But there are OLs in the league where Feliciano would be a clear upgrade on the incumbant starter, and add positional versatility to boot.

He may not get $4.8M AAV elsewhere,  but he's likely to get more than vet min.

I am interested to see how it goes in terms of what he gets paid. I think he definitely becomes a NYG but there are waiver wire guys who are just as good as him imo. 

41 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Guys cheering, lame. Mongo is versatile and tough. He's not great, but he was not that expensive. Hard pressed to replace him for 3.3 million and he will be missed. 

It is an understandable move, but nothing to feel great about.  

Guys cheering, lame. Mongo is versatile and tough. He's not great, but he was not that expensive. Hard pressed to replace him for 3.3 million and he will be missed. 

It is an understandable move, but nothing to feel great about.  

He just got injured too much and he is not starter quality, but he is a good backup.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

There is no way he was offered a pay cut and refused. He’s a vet min guy imo

I don't think you understand the lack of talent in the NFL for olinemen.

Feliciano will be starting in the NFL in the near future. There are plenty of teams who have much less at the guard position.

• Agree 5

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

I don't think you understand the lack of talent in the NFL for olinemen.

Feliciano will be starting in the NFL in the near future. There are plenty of teams who have much less at the guard position.

I get it. I’m an Oline guy. He sucks. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I get it. I’m an O line guy. He sucks. 

Were we happy with anyone is Pass pro last season?
Dawkins graded well but , it was a another tough season for Josh. And the run game finally got going later in the season.
But the whole line warrants scrutiny imho
this post is also for MJS :)

Just now, MJS said:

What does it mean to be an oline guy?

I played it at a relatively high level and have been coaching the position at the varsity level for 14 years. I can talk about hand placement, steps, leverage all that stuff. I’ve been at clinics studying Mouse McNally, Pat Flaherty, and whole host of college guys. I’m not an ego guy, but I know line play.

I’m a Feliciano hater, so not trying to come off as a jerk, but I am not a fan. For culture and stuff? Sure. But ability? Nah.  

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

Were we happy with anyone is Pass pro last season?
Dawkins graded well but , it was a another tough season for Josh. And the run game finally got going later in the season.
But the whole line warrants scrutiny imho
this post is also for MJS :)

Morse was pretty good imo. And Brown was super up and down, but you could see the potential there. Williams was meh. It think that is where the upgrade comes. I think he becomes a high quality backup to whoever replaces him. 

4 minutes ago, nucci said:

something special? We haven't won anything

Feliciano def helped change the culture for sure. But now it’s time to add talent to get this team over the hump. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

because we cut a backup OL? 

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

because we cut a backup OL? 

I agree with you. All that kumbaya stuff is semantics now. Everything is all about Josh Allen and adding high level talent. And Josh is the glue. You don’t need culture guys anymore, because he is the culture. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

31 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Lesson to be learned here is don't talk bad about Buffalo pizza.

Seriously! He went from one of my favorite Bills to a guy who I knew it was best to move on from. I’m sure he will find another team and be back to a starter/rotation player. Oline depth in the league just isn’t great. The Bills have come a long way in three seasons. 

He played a role in the development of this team to a perennial playoff team. We should appreciate the roles he played, while understanding it was time to move on from him. Happens all the time, but he was a good soldier. Hard to dislike the guy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.