What does Allen work on this summer?

Meatloaf63

If he can fix it, his ability to bounce out of bad games within the game itself. For instance games like the Jaguars game where he never seemed quite right. (Granted the OL had a lot to do with it) If he can improve his consistency and make his worst games still be at a higher level he has everything required to be the best QB in the NFL bar none. He has all of Mahomes' skill but also has the ability to run like a RB which Mahomes can't exactly do. If Allen were to play next season like he did in the playoffs, he'd shatter records.

Besides that, he can always work on accuracy, recognizing defenses, etc. No QB is perfect and Allen is no exception, however he arguably has the greatest pool in which to fill. (Effectively if Fromm were a kiddie pool and Trubisky a regular 4ft pool, Allen would essentially be one of those giant waterpark pools twice the size of Olympic swimming pools)

• Agree 2

Watching Josh Allen grow as a QB from his rookie season to now has been the highlight of my sports fandom. If you had drawn up the perfect development track on him pre-draft it still wouldn't have looked this perfect. He's methodically cleaned up every single flaw one at a time and I don't think he has anything left to fix.

• Like (+1) 5

37 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

If he can fix it, his ability to bounce out of bad games within the game itself. For instance games like the Jaguars game where he never seemed quite right. (Granted the OL had a lot to do with it) If he can improve his consistency and make his worst games still be at a higher level he has everything required to be the best QB in the NFL bar none. He has all of Mahomes' skill but also has the ability to run like a RB which Mahomes can't exactly do. If Allen were to play next season like he did in the playoffs, he'd shatter records.

Besides that, he can always work on accuracy, recognizing defenses, etc. No QB is perfect and Allen is no exception, however he arguably has the greatest pool in which to fill. (Effectively if Fromm were a kiddie pool and Trubisky a regular 4ft pool, Allen would essentially be one of those giant waterpark pools twice the size of Olympic swimming pools)

I agree, but the pool analogy lost me :) saying he has the highest ceiling?  

• Like (+1) 1

Consistency and footwork.

Now and again his footwork gets wonky.

And holding onto the football!  He has a tendency to fumble.

He fumbled in the KC game and miraculously the ball bounced back into his arms.

Got lucky on that one. 

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Like (+1) 4

I think this is an easy one. It's all mental. He needs to work on bringing to the "easy" games the same focus he brings to the big ones. If he can do that, the Bills might not lose. Ever.

I believe Josh Allen has the potential to be the greatest quarterback in NFL history. Probably not the most accomplished (Brady), but the most dominant player at a given time.

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli
  • Like (+1) 3

45 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

I am serious: 
1) golf: free his mind, fun

2) financial investing: make money now so he can never put $ first

3) pistachios: his parents new cash crop he bought 

NO FOOTBALL

1) Football........still needs to develop his touch and accuracy on throws for the long term.......there is room to learn how to identify defense's quicker etc..

2) Brand building

3) You don't buy a pistachio crop, you buy and plant trees and watch them grow for 5-8 years before they make pistachios.    Hopefully Allen will have 4-7 SB rings and a new stadium before the co-op has to come in and harvest those pistachios.   

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, stevestojan said:

He’s the best QB we’ve ever had. Period. 

My biggest concern would be him thinking he has to work on anything. 

Thinking you don’t have to work on anything is far worse. There’s always work to be done one something.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

Deep ball. Not so much that i think he cant throw it cause clearly he can.... but chemistry on it with the boys to make them work. That 1 play TD to Gabe was something I dont really remember all year.  More of that. Cause 1., its fun but 2., stretches the field and opens everything else up to breath

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Deep ball. Not so much that i think he cant throw it cause clearly he can.... but chemistry on it with the boys to make them work. That 1 play TD to Gabe was something I dont really remember all year.  More of that. Cause 1., its fun but 2., stretches the field and opens everything else up to breath

That 75 yarder was the prettiest deep ball he’s ever thrown and not coincidentally, one of the few he has hit. Deep ball accuracy would be what I hope he’d work on as well, because if that ever comes together, more consistently, I just don’t know how you’d defend this Bills offense.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

7 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Tired of talking about yesterdays debacle… Every summer the past few years Allen has worked with Palmer on some aspect of his game. Long passes short passes body and foot placement. After watching what Josh has become, what does he still need to work on this off season? Doesn’t seem there is much left to do, he hit long some passes but I guess there is still a little work there, some times he could go to the check down a little quicker, but really what is left to improve on?

Playing MLB. Maybe DB.

It's hard to improve a Rembrandt.  But put a gun to my head and here is what I think:

Touch throws - He's come a long way, but some of his passes could be a little better placed to aid YAC.

Body Science - Understanding his body, limits, movement, recovery methods that work for him, etc.  Take some kind of self defense class to teach him how to absorb / slide out of dangerous hits (help boost longevity and reduce injury chances)

Mental dexterity - Obviously already a very sharp guy, he maybe can focusing on increasing his already very high mental acuity.  Reason I say this is that if Daboll leaves as expected, I see Josh taking on more of an on the field coach / field general role al la Peyton Manning.

Personal - Take time to relax, be with family, friends and loved ones.  Maybe tie the knot with Brittany?  Personal and professional lives go hand and hand

Edited by saundena
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.