What does Allen work on this summer?

Meatloaf63

Tired of talking about yesterdays debacle… Every summer the past few years Allen has worked with Palmer on some aspect of his game. Long passes short passes body and foot placement. After watching what Josh has become, what does he still need to work on this off season? Doesn’t seem there is much left to do, he hit long some passes but I guess there is still a little work there, some times he could go to the check down a little quicker, but really what is left to improve on?

He is an elite QB now that can win you a super bowl.  All they need on offense really is to maintain the offensive line because as long as #17 is protected no negative plays happen.  When he has time it doesn't matter if its Duke Williams, Stefon Diggs or Gabriel Davis he will get them the ball because he has the arm talent to throw anyone open.  

23 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

He’s the best QB we’ve ever had. Period. 

My biggest concern would be him thinking he has to work on anything. 

There are always areas to improve and part of what makes elite QB's elite is their mindset of continual growth and progression.

Peyton Manning got to the point of knowing defenses so well that he could get the offense into the right play almost every time. Allen is not there yet with dissecting defenses. He could improve there.

He also needs to work on being a bit more consistent and erasing those low games.

If he can keep getting better he will eventually be completely unstoppable.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

33 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Tired of talking about yesterdays debacle… Every summer the past few years Allen has worked with Palmer on some aspect of his game. Long passes short passes body and foot placement. After watching what Josh has become, what does he still need to work on this off season? Doesn’t seem there is much left to do, he hit long some passes but I guess there is still a little work there, some times he could go to the check down a little quicker, but really what is left to improve on?

Maybe back shoulder throws? Some of them could be a little better but this is really nitpicking.

The man just had the greatest 2 game performance in NFL playoff history.

9 TDs, 0 INTs, both games over 300 yards, passer rating a ridiculous 148.99, 14 total incompletions. 2 potential game winning drives within the last 2 minutes of the game ruined by the defense and coaching staff.

Are you serious?

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm sure there is a couple throws he will work on. But I think he will spend time dissecting film and really get into that stuff. He has mastered most on field things,next progression is mastering pre snap, protection calls, knowing everything about defenses things like that. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.