Josh's Playoff stats 2022

billybob71

The torture of bills fans continues for another year. At least we're settled at the most important position. I wonder how he's feeling towards the defense and the play calling. He kept us in this game despite daboll going into a shell, don't know what the F we were doing at the end of regulation.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

48/62  637 yds   9 tds  0 ints   134 yds rushing  and not moving on, just heartbreaking but what a QB we have. 

Allen became the only player ever to throw for over 300+ yards, 4+ TDs and run for 60+ yards in a playoff game.  And he did it twice in back to back weeks. This dude is special.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

48/62  637 yds   9 tds  0 ints   134 yds rushing  and not moving on, just heartbreaking but what a QB we have. 

Do you think this coaching staff should have done more with a QB performance of that magnitude?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Do you think this coaching staff should have done more with a QB performance of that magnitude?

yes i agree, i can't think about it anymore tho, what a gut punch, imagine how Josh feels. Knowin him  this will prob fuel him even more and we may see historic numbers from him next year! ok like i said this game was draining i am headed to bed. I also feel bad for my fellow Bills fans god bless and go Bengals!!

Great season, great run for the Bills.  Lost to a good offense, really encouraged by the Oline play lately.   

I think we all can see that we'll be in the hunt every year for the next decade with 17 at the wheel.   If we win that coin flip in OT we may have won the superbowl.   

I saw a clickbait post on twitter today that was busting on the Packers for having 30 years of back to back HOF qb's and "only" two championships.   The fact is you need a fair amount of luck to hoist the trophy, it isn't always about skill.

We sensed that at some point not having our All Pro corner was going to hurt us, and tonite was the night.  Letting Kelce run wide open at the end of regulation is kind of laughable, makes me wonder where our coaching staff was on those timeouts.   Tackle him, hold him, just don't let him run open.  Tyreek too.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, mykidsdad said:

Just squib the kick. Poor Josh.

Squib the kick and tackle every Chief receiver on the first play.  We get a 5 yard penalty.  Who cares?  Mahomes down to 1 play from his 30ish yard line. Game over.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

The torture of bills fans continues for another year. At least we're settled at the most important position. I wonder how he's feeling towards the defense and the play calling. He kept us in this game despite daboll going into a shell, don't know what the F we were doing at the end of regulation.

Daboll needs to catch some heat for wasting 3 possessions with the bizarre decision to take the ball out of Allen's hands. 

But my goodness did Allen come to play in the playoffs. His improvement from his first playoff game to now has been exponential. There really are no more questions about Allen.  He is IMO the best QB in the NFL now.  Next season we put it together in both the regular season and playoffs.

• Like (+1) 5

18 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Great season, great run for the Bills.  Lost to a good offense, really encouraged by the Oline play lately.   

I think we all can see that we'll be in the hunt every year for the next decade with 17 at the wheel.   If we win that coin flip in OT we may have won the superbowl.   

I saw a clickbait post on twitter today that was busting on the Packers for having 30 years of back to back HOF qb's and "only" two championships.   The fact is you need a fair amount of luck to hoist the trophy, it isn't always about skill.

We sensed that at some point not having our All Pro corner was going to hurt us, and tonite was the night.  Letting Kelce run wide open at the end of regulation is kind of laughable, makes me wonder where our coaching staff was on those timeouts.   Tackle him, hold him, just don't let him run open.  Tyreek too.

It’s always about Kelce and Hill and we failed to cover them tonight.  We did really well against them in October but tonight we reverted to last years effort and let them run wild. It’s only because of Josh this was even a close game. Defense and the coaches should be embarrassed by their play tonight. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This guy will win a Super Bowl one day…or Super Bowls.  He’s just too good.

not without better coaching, and talent on D.  Can't do it alone.  I mean he almost did, but didn't.  

1 hour ago, Billznut said:

He laid it all out on the line tonight. Played amazing. I can think of 11+ guys on the defensive side that can’t say the same thing. 

I really wonder if he has to be pissed at the D.  Like he is enough of a veteran that I hope he said something to them after the game.  They should all be embarrassed. They all vanished.  And then collapsed.  Allen wins the game 2X's, and the D gives it away.  

8 hours ago, billybob71 said:

There were even several rushing first downs iirc.

Josh Allen is clearly the best QB in the NFL.  The kid has untold talent, size, and ability. 

21 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Josh Allen is clearly the best QB in the NFL.  The kid has untold talent, size, and ability. 

I mean, Mahommes was unstoppable too.  And since his team wins the games, he's going to be better.  I'll be shocked if he isn't Superbowl MVP again this year. 

People are ripping on the D today, but they were great untill they they got gassed.  They covered extremely well they generated pressure, mahommes just scrambled great and made ridiculous throws.  It's unstoppable at some point. 

58 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

This playoff season, Allen showed he is at least at the same level of Mahomes - and every other QB is at least a tier below.

9 hours ago, billybob71 said:

That's a 148.99 passer rating

8 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This guy will win a Super Bowl one day…or Super Bowls.  He’s just too good.

I fully believe Allen will win a Super Bowl. He is a phenominal talent who elevated his game this playoff season and firmly placed himself as one of only two QBs in the game right now that can play at the level he did over the last two games.  Unfortunately, he lost to the other one.

I am certainly disappointed over the outcome of the game. It is not the first time in the 50+ years I have been a die hard fan of this team, nor is it the last, I'm sure.

But I am truly excited to see what Allen can accomplish over the remainder of his career. A player of his abilities and potential is a rare thing. He'll bring a SB win to the fans of this team at some point. When it comes to football, I don't think anything can stop Josh Allen from eventually achieving what he wants to achieve, and, if his history is any indication at all, it will not be accomplished without some adversity along the way. It is one of the things that makes him special.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Yet Daboll took the ball out of Allen's hands for much of the first half 🤷‍♂️

The best offensive play calling is in the "gotta have it" moments like end of half, end of game, 4th down. Someone tell Daboll (or our next OC) to reprise the K... Er A-Gun!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.