Bills love at the Aussie Open

Billsfan1972

I saw that on ESPN.com this evening.  Super cool stuff.  I don't know much about her as a player but this is the 2nd year in a row she's advanced to the 4th round of the Australian Open.  Love the outfit she wore for her match, Buffalo love down under! 

20220121_053340.jpg

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 8

13 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

I saw that on ESPN.com this evening.  Super cool stuff.  I don't know much about her as a player but this is the 2nd year in a row she's advanced to the 4th round of the Australian Open.  Love the outfit she wore for her match, Buffalo love down under! 

20220121_053340.jpg

Yep she's the 21st seed and good for her.  Tough opponent the next round.  Referred to a the "worlds richest tennis star" in some articles.  

I am (or at this point, I guess, was) serious tennis player, perhaps more fan than player now.   Jess Pegs has been amazing, coming from the depths of pro tennis nowheresville to be a top 30 world-ranked player in pretty much 18 months.   Have watched her game pretty closely and she is the real deal. 

As far as the colors, what Jess is wearing is just what Adidas pushes to their sponsored players for the Aussie Open, as they do fresh for each of the 4 major tournaments (Aussie, French, Wimbledon, USOpen) .  The apparel company sends them what they are to wear.   Adidas said the colors are based on the natural beauty of Australia, blah blah, But Jess is huge Bills fan and made the color connection to the Bills herself.   

She won't be in KC for the game, as is still very much alive in the tournament, but I would imagine she'll be in LA for the SB.   Go bills. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

That's Titans blue. Doesn't look like Bills colors at all.

It's totally off to be Buffalo Bills red white and blue!

It's more like an American Southwest sort of color scheme---sort of like this:

il_570xN.2133461087_6h9a.jpg

interior-trend-southwest-desert-chic-sty

mountain-lake-palette.jpg?format=750w

Now the Bills color scheme:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT05Nm8lXaRwXmEvi5DmmT

1294330343.jpeg

ap21017172286989.jpg

5 hours ago, Shamrock said:

This is my home town. Have given my cousin and sister who go to the tennis, to go and watch Jessica with my Bills flags to wave. 

I love Melbourne.  I've been there twice.  On one occasion I actually made a proper right hand turn in Melbourne traffic, but it was more blind luck than skill.  Could you perhaps explain the procedure for turning right in Melbourne?  (For other readers, this is a real thing.  There's a strange traffic rule there, or at least there was the last time I was there which was about 15 years ago.)

3 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Them thighs be thic!!! She must work out with Singletary in the off season.

Tennis players are real athletes. The women's game seems to reward power, leading to leading women players with thick, strong bodies like Serena Williams.  The men's game is really different, where the men have to get power without a lot of bulk so they can be so quick.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Utah John said:

I love Melbourne.  I've been there twice.  On one occasion I actually made a proper right hand turn in Melbourne traffic, but it was more blind luck than skill.  Could you perhaps explain the procedure for turning right in Melbourne?  (For other readers, this is a real thing.  There's a strange traffic rule there, or at least there was the last time I was there which was about 15 years ago.)

Tennis players are real athletes. The women's game seems to reward power, leading to leading women players with thick, strong bodies like Serena Williams.  The men's game is really different, where the men have to get power without a lot of bulk so they can be so quick.  

In the city only, it’s called a “Hook Turn”. 

image.thumb.jpeg.1269595f5ec8dc8a4e4a30e33849fc0c.jpeg

On 1/21/2022 at 6:33 AM, smuvtalker said:

20220121_053340.jpg

she was on the U.S.A. tokyo team and has has gotten seeding in majors.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

She did great. Glad I could watch it, flipping between game. 

what a dilemma? As a parent, how can you miss your kid in the quarterfinal of the Australian open vs Bills ?   Maybe one to each match. And Australia is damn far away

Easy choice, always watch your kids. You never know when your last breath is. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.