Where to eat after the game?

el_smithereenos

16 minutes ago, el_smithereenos said:

Greetings! We’re coming from Maryland for the fourth time this season but have always had trouble finding restaurants open late- any suggestions on where to eat after 11 pm? Hopefully we're not too hungry after the Patriots feast...Thanks and Go Bills. 

The Bayou is supposed to be open until 2am. https://www.facebook.com/thebuffalosbayou

Edited by PromoTheRobot

9 minutes ago, el_smithereenos said:

Greetings! We’re coming from Maryland for the fourth time this season but have always had trouble finding restaurants open late- any suggestions on where to eat after 11 pm? Hopefully we're not too hungry after the Patriots feast...Thanks and Go Bills. 

One of my favorite late nights places is Jim’s Steakout.  Awesome. Awesome subs.

It’s open all night but the closest location might be Amherst.  But you could always get it delivered to the stadium via GrubHub and then eat on the way home.

If you want, you can get Jim Streakout delivered through GrubHub.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Rampage said:

They said they're from Maryland, not Canada.

An open kitchen after 12 would be very hard to find with the covid situation ...

I wouldn't even try...

Better off buying over priced stadium food

• Eyeroll 1

11 minutes ago, el_smithereenos said:

Probably looking at a bar/pub. Most restaurants are going to be closed by then.

• Like (+1) 1

Towne Restaurant, 186 Allen Street, in downtown Buffalo.

Great Greek food and I have eaten there after MANY nights out on the town at like 4 or 5 am.

They should be open plenty late.

EDIT:  Promotherobot says they now close at 9pm.  That's sad!  

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Nextmanup said:

Towne Restaurant, 186 Allen Street, in downtown Buffalo.

Great Greek food and I have eaten there after MANY nights out on the town at like 4 or 5 am.

They should be open plenty late.

I just checked. They close at 9pm now. But you were right. They used to be open 24/7.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

One of my favorite late nights places is Jim’s Steakout.  Awesome. Awesome subs.

It’s open all night but the closest location might be Amherst.  But you could always get it delivered to the stadium via GrubHub and then eat on the way home.

As of the MNF game, Jim's weren't open that late. They were all closing at 11 or 12. 12 ain't happening by the time you get out of the stadium

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It sucks that you guys don't have Waffle Houses.

I think the only place you could probably get food is the strip club.  The problem is that if you see a stain on your pants, you don't know if that came from the food.

Yup.  I’ve lived on Long Island for much of my life, and they have 24 hour diners everywhere.   Moved down south a few years ago, and we have 24 hour Waffle Houses everywhere.  

36 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Gonna pay a HEFTY sum for a Grub Hub driver to deliver through that traffic. If you aren't going to tip a huge sum it won't be picked up.

48 minutes ago, el_smithereenos said:

Best option I could give you is stop and pick up some subs. Keep em in the car and they will stay nice and chilled. Come out and eat while traffic thins. 

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Yup.  I’ve lived on Long Island for much of my life, and they have 24 hour diners everywhere.   Moved down south a few years ago, and we have 24 hour Waffle Houses everywhere.  

there were dozens of Greek Family Diners open 24/7 in every town. I don't know if they are still open 24/7 with COVID/labor shortages but google it.

update- i googled it myself and most Greek restaurants are closed at 9 now.

• Sad 1

Just now, Robert Paulson said:

there were dozens of Greek Family Diners open 24/7 in every town. I don't know if they are still open 24/7 with COVID/labor shortages but google it.

update- i googled it myself and most Greek restaurants are closed at 9 now.

COVID? Just spray a little Windex on it and open back up.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BTB said:

Staffing issues continue to hurt the WNY restaurant industry.  Not sure why you are surprised by this. 

I don’t think it’s just WNY.  I have two friends in the restaurant/bar industry.  Both owned places in NYC.  One in Queens and one in Manhattan.  Both closed last year.  One re-opened in the Carolinas and the other is re-opening this spring in Florida. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.