Covid may decide who wins the AFC east

Niagara Dude

Really getting worried about who else misses Sunday's game.  Right now the winner may not be the best team and which team has less guys have a positive test.  The NBA's Adam Silver said today they would not cancel or shutdown,  he said that 90% of cases were Omicron. You just don't know even in  practice if a players spreads it and it knocks out 3-4 of our tope guys.  Beanne has to be ready to sign some street guys to practice sqaud because between now and Sunday is a lot of time. Omicron is real and super continagious because we did not see the level of outbreaks were seeing now compared with last year.

Question?  do you cancel practice after today and just have zoom meetings before Sunday? Lock the key players up,  or put them in quarantine until Sunday. 

• Eyeroll 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

I just wrote on this point in a different thread.  

It's going to get worse and I will GUARANTEE you that the SB winner will be directly impacted by great luck with COVID.

Having the right COVID luck is going to be as important as having the best QB, or coach, or getting on a winning streak at the right time, or luck with injuries, etc.

It's going to decide the champion this year.

• Sad 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

It's going to get worse and I will GUARANTEE you that the SB winner will be directly impacted by great luck with COVID.

Having the right COVID luck is going to be as important as having the best QB, or coach, or getting on a winning streak at the right time, or luck with injuries, etc.

Look,  i think the Bills could win their final two games at home with key guys missing.  Not sure about this Sunday and i would consider holding Allen/Diggs out and away from the team. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Look,  i think the Bills could win their final two games at home with key guys missing.  Not sure about this Sunday and i would consider holding Allen/Diggs out and away from the team. 

On behalf of Bills fans everywhere, THANK YOU for having nothing to do with how the team is managed.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, eball said:

On behalf of Bills fans everywhere, THANK YOU for having nothing to do with how the team is managed.

Just now, eball said:

On behalf of me,  thanks for your laughs. Just hope no keys players pick up Covid before Sunday because i really don't want to say i told you so.

• Vomit 1

Covid may play a huge factor in the playoffs but it's not going to decide who wins this division for the simple fact that the Bills had every opportunity to take care of business against teams like the Steelers and Jaguars earlier in the season when Covid was a non issue.

You win those two games alone and right now the Bills are still in great shape even with an expected sweep by the Patriots after Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Nfl is kind of in control of what vaxxed players miss the game based on their ‘random’ tests lol I would not put it past them to ‘randomly’ avoid star vaccinated players who might have asymptomatically tested positive otherwise…they’ve gotta line their pockets after all 😂

8 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Covid may play a huge factor in the playoffs but it's not going to decide who wins this division for the simple fact that the Bills had every opportunity to take care of business against teams like the Steelers and Jaguars earlier in the season when Covid was a non issue.

You win those two games alone and right now the Bills are still in great shape even with an expected sweep by the Patriots after Sunday.

I am not at all expecting a sweep 😂 I was always expecting us to split with them even before the first matchup.  and we lose the division tiebreaker if the pats swept us in this hypothetical scenario also so we would need to be three wins ahead of them in games against teams that aren’t NE….extremely unlikely.  

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

M.I. was right. Those that did not get the shot(s), didn't want to win bad enough. They let their team down.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If I'm the Bills GM, I have a great big old Covid party on Sunday night after the Pats game.

Invitations to every infected person I know and bring the whole roster in to share a wide variety of dips and punches.

Have a kissing booth, some small enclosed bouncy tents and a monoclonal station with free antibodies at the exit.

Get everybody a fat dose right now so nobody has to worry about it when the playoffs start.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

If I'm the Bills GM, I have a great big old Covid party on Sunday night after the Pats game.

Invitations to every infected person I know and bring the whole roster in to share a wide variety of dips and punches.

Have a kissing booth, some small enclosed bouncy tents and a monoclonal station with free antibodies at the exit.

Get everybody a fat dose right now so nobody has to worry about it when the playoffs start.

Lol it’s insane that this is actually a fantastic idea 😂 if we pull off the win in NE we are in great shape with two mediocre/bad teams left on the schedule.  There’s some real danger that NE could drop another to Miami even before factoring the unpredictability of Covid in 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

That's not a terrible idea.

19 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I don't think so. It's nothing but a guarantee Bills will not only beat Pats, but will win out while KC, Tenn loses enough that Bills easily become #1 seed. How that is not crystal clear to everyone baffles me...

If I'm Beane, this off season I will cut/trade any player who's not vaccinated.  Period.  Probably he won't be allowed to say that's what's behind each move, but the players will get the message.  And obviously not sign as FAs, or draft, any unvaxxed players.

Send the message that the Bills are committed to winning, and anyone who's NOT committed to winning doesn't belong on the team.

28 minutes ago, Simon said:

Glad you take this seriously 

28 minutes ago, Simon said:

Only if they win. If not, don't bother...

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

In the end they're going to find Covid was started in a lab in Foxborough Massachusetts.  .  

Ernie Adams special brew!

The premise from the OP that the AFCE could be decided is a possibility for sure. I'm hoping we don't have many more out, especially #17.

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower

1 hour ago, Niagara Dude said:

Agree, we joke about this stuff, but Allen is the one guy you don’t want out for the final three games. I like Trubisky as our backup, but I’ve also seen enough Bears games to know Trubisky is fully capable of losing to the Falcons and Jets. The final two games should be a cake walk, but anyone who thinks it’d be the same without the starting QB is fooling themselves. 

Edited by SirAndrew

5 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

This game in way too important. If we lose another started, I’d expect the game to be delayed. 

We are actually fortunate to not be in the Browns or a few other teams shoes right now.

But you get the sense that the NFL is desperate to keep the rest of the season intact as much as possible aside from they games being played yesterday and today that had a slight delay.

Covid isn't deciding anything. It is no different than injured players. The vaccine does not keep people from getting the virus just like stretching doesn't keep people from getting injured. It is part of sport and part of life. Things happen.

Just now, Evian said:

Covid isn't deciding anything. It is no different than injured players. The vaccine does not keep people from getting the virus just like stretching doesn't keep people from getting injured. It is part of sport and part of life. Things happen.

Watch.  It will take another 2-3 weeks for the omicron variant to completely spread.  Playoff teams will lose key starters.  If we lose say Josh or KC loses Mahomes it will destroy any chance.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.