This week's Bills Mafia Charity is Visually Impaired Advancement of WNY in recognition of Scott Novak's crew's performance

damj

The only one that matters is also the most egregious one...the 3rd and 2 fade at end of regulation, he was being mauled and it was close to as bad as when the Rams screwed the Saints in the playoffs that caused a rule change.  It was that blatant.  

I am not a blame the refs guy, but this is without question a inexcusable missed PI call as they were one and one with no one around them to obscure the view of the CB pulling Diggs jersey neck collar to near his belt line on that route.  

He was also interfered with on the first drive of OT, but that was less egregious than the one in the end zone.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

anyone know if the Bills have brought this up to the league.  That game was terribly officiated.  In any other profession, those guys would not be allowed to ref a game for a while until they were appropriately retrained.  

I am sure the brought it up. every team does every week when looking for clarification. 

they maybe got an apology but most likely it was like talking to wall.

50 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

A few....but absolutely should have gotten that one in the end zone

but

Tom Brady would have had no time to bring the bucs back....the bills had actually played that beautifuly

I think the one where his jersey got stretched about a foot away from his body was plenty obvious too, but since the refs didn’t have to worry about hearing Tommy whine, they let that go. 

• Agree 1

It’s been like that the whole year not just the Tampa game either but the fact that we just don’t draw PI calls adds to the thought the refs have it in for Buffalo just our coach isn’t the type to jaw at officials or take things to the league office hoping the next game to get a “makeup” call 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

anyone know if the Bills have brought this up to the league.  That game was terribly officiated.  In any other profession, those guys would not be allowed to ref a game for a while until they were appropriately retrained.  

According to McDermott the teams get a Monday session to bring up "any questions we may have about the officiating"

31 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

None. He's just so fast that his undershirt was flapping in the wind behind him as the defender was reaching towards him.

I've actually wondered if Diggs has considered perforating his undershirt and jersey.  If it tore and came off in the DB's hand, that would kind of be embarrassing for the ref if they didn't call it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The only one that matters is also the most egregious one...the 3rd and 2 fade at end of regulation, he was being mauled and it was close to as bad as when the Rams screwed the Saints in the playoffs that caused a rule change.  It was that blatant.  

I am not a blame the refs guy, but this is without question a inexcusable missed PI call as they were one and one with no one around them to obscure the view of the CB pulling Diggs jersey neck collar to near his belt line on that route.  

He was also interfered with on the first drive of OT, but that was less egregious than the one in the end zone.  

The one in OT was a 50/50 call, some you get, some you don't. The one at the end of regulation is DPI 99 times out of 100. Unbelievable that wasn't called. I am the opposite of a ref blamer but I am still seething. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

I honestly believe there were about 7 calls missed on Diggs. 

I do not remember a game being as angry about how we got 'jobbed' since the infamous 1998 'give it to 'em' game against the Pats.... But I'm so jaded at this point with TB12 getting all the calls that even if we had got that PI call in the endzone..  we would've most likely got a phantom holding call on the 1 yard line.. and it would've been all for not.

The reality is that if we are going to beat teams like the Bucs (and unfortunately the Pats too) we need to overcome this crap and make plays...  

and it's funny if you remember.. that's what was happening last year.. Ie:  there was that sequence against the Broncos last year.. where I believe a TD was called back... then we lost another 15 yards in penalties.. and JA said screw it.. I'm going to launch a missile to Kumerow in the EZ....    

Anyhow... Go Bills!

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

They were pulling on Diggs  so much I'm sure his jersey is stretched 2 extra sizes. I can get past the bad calls/non calls, although still really piss me off, but it's much more the timing of it that's the issue.

The Diggs fade you mentioned, crucial point of the game that would be called large majority of the time...also just a "what if" scenario for ***** and giggles, in your opinion if we flip it and it was Brady/Bucs and same exact thing happens to Bucs WR and Bills on D....do you think it gets called for them? 

Then in OT the call on Wallace during another crucial moment.... 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

They were pulling on Diggs  so much I'm sure his jersey is stretched 2 extra sizes. I can get past the bad calls/non calls, although still really piss me off, but it's much more the timing of it that's the issue.

The Diggs fade you mentioned, crucial point of the game that would be called large majority of the time...also just a "what if" scenario for ***** and giggles, in your opinion if we flip it and it was Brady/Bucs and same exact thing happens to Bucs WR and Bills on D....do you think it gets called for them? 

Then in OT the call on Wallace during another crucial moment.... 

I don't know about that.  I think you are correct it was DPI but given it was at that moment in the game, the refs tend to swallow the whistle and let them play.  So I'm not surprised it was not called.  That said the DPI against I think it was Wallace in OT should not have been called for the same reason.

The deep seam pattern miss holding the jersey was a terrible miss. 

The OT play was not DPI.  

3 hours ago, OP Blue said:

Yeah, that never happens in games.

See ya

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Not sure… it would be nice if he stopped calling for the flag and flopping before the play is even over though…. Wait till AFTER the ball hits the ***** ground at least, or hell, how bout trying to actually locate and catch the ball?

Yeah Scott, we know.

Just a "what if" question for the hell of it...as for that fade or back shoulder play to Diggs with 20 seconds left in the game on 3rd and 2 (I think it was) that pretty much everyone agrees should have been called PI or least holding....

"What if" flipping teams and it was Bucs WR instead of Diggs with Bills on D, does the flag come out for Bucs or same no call?

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I had a buddy who was the #2 guy in the District Attorneys office in FL. He was in the gym when one of our boys got HAMMERED going to the rim at an AAU hoops game, with no call. He turned to me and said “I can’t get you a whistle on that, but I might be able to get an assault charge!”  

• Haha (+1) 2

On 12/15/2021 at 10:14 AM, uticaclub said:

There's no incentive for them to call a good game anyway. And if there are no repercussions for the refs completely blowing a game, there honestly shouldn't be repercussions for fans to throw dip cups and beer cans full of piss at them. If Goodell is giving them orders to influence a game, then part of it should be hearing ***** from the fans who pay to see their bull####. Donating to charity is the kindest option, I'm surprised no one has spray painted a dick on their lawn yet.

You got an address?  I got spare time.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 12/15/2021 at 9:39 AM, Bobby Hooks said:

It’s funny, and I have no problem with getting a little jab in. But do you think this hurts us, or helps us? Refs are definitely going to hear about this. 

You don’t think there might be some sour grapes? Hughes is still being destroyed by the refs any chance they get because he complained. 

Idk, I just don’t see this going well for us in the long run. We already thought the game was being called unfairly, now publicly embarrassing them for being bad at their jobs? Not sure how that gives them incentive to call a fair game we’re included in going forward. If anything, I could see it going the other way. These guys have proven to be an arrogant, grudge holding bunch. 

Oh well. They can't do much worse than than they did in the Bucs game without it at least raising some questions about the integrity of the game. 

What I worry will happen is that they call it straight vs. Carolina tomorrow, but then go right back to the same BS when we play the Pats when it will mean more.  I wonder how much Jerry Hughes's past issues with refs puts us in this position.  It's not just Brady we are getting hosed against.  

Edited by Tenhigh

7 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

What I worry will happen is that they call it straight vs. Carolina tomorrow, but then go right back to the same BS when we play the Pats when it will mean more.  I wonder how much Jerry Hughes's past issues with refs puts us in this position.  It's not just Brady we are getting hosed against.  

If they do Bills should just accept the penalties and just keep hitting P*ts players.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.