Game Week: Week 15 Carolina Panthers at Bills thread

Hapless Bills Fan

According to ESPN, the Pats have already clinched the division, and you may as well skip the first two rounds of the AFC playoffs because Chiefs vs Pats is a lock for the championship game. 

It's gonna be hilarious when the Bills are at the top of the AFCE in two weeks. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Process said:

According to ESPN, the Pats have already clinched the division, and you may as well skip the first two rounds of the AFC playoffs because Chiefs vs Pats is a lock for the championship game. 

: nervous laugh :

1 hour ago, Process said:

Might as well skip the entire playoffs and go right to the Super Bowl as the league wants it Bill vs Tom.

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So Brown - Boettger - Morse - Mongo - Williams?

Maybe....if so it'll be interesting to see how Brown holds up at LT. If he's as good at LT as he's been doing at RT hopefully there won't be much difference.

30 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So Brown - Boettger - Morse - Mongo - Williams?

If this turns out to be the line up, it will be 1st time at LT for Brown correct? Or did he play any LT in college?

21 minutes ago, finn said:

Or maybe Bates, Mongo, Morse, Williams, Brown. Bates will need help, but at least the rest of the line won't be disrupted. 

I would think one of Bates or Feliciano would be held back to be the all-important  break glass in case of emergency back-up center. Can't risk them running into each other and both getting hurt with Morse's concussion history.😂😂😂   

In all seriousness I almost expect Bobby Hart at LT. 

Hart-Mongo-Morse-Williams-Brown

Edited by No Place To Hyde

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I actually didn't think Brown looked good at LT in the preseason.  But Williams and Hart looked worse, so....

I don't even remember Brown playing LT in preseason lol, then again I wasn't able to catch each preseason game. But if the others looked worse then I guess you would go with the one that isn't the worse??? lol

Just now, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I don't even remember Brown playing LT in preseason lol, then again I wasn't able to catch each preseason game. But if the others looked worse then I guess you would go with the one that isn't the worse??? lol

Dawkins was out with covid for several weeks and brown played in his place 

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Allen has a strong arm, can we just line him up in punt depth and play Ferguson at Center?

This actually isn't the most stupid idea I've ever heard.  It would have the charm of novelty.

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Dawkins was out with covid for several weeks and brown played in his place 

And the general reaction to Brown's level of play was for the fanbase to say "No Dawkins, No Allen!" in preseason games.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This actually isn't the most stupid idea I've heard.

And the general reaction to Brown's level of play was for the fanbase to say "No Dawkins, No Allen!" in preseason games.

Ha, sadly I’m only half joking. 

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/buffalo/sports/2021/12/17/allen-set-to-start-sunday-against-panthers?cid=share_clip

Sean McDermott said on WGR 550 that Allen will practice fully on Friday after being limited with a left foot sprain the previous two days.

"I'll start with what the medical team has shared with me and that's they're comfortable with where he's at and continues to trend in the right direction," McDermott said. "Then what I've seen through my won eyes at practice just yesterday, he seems to be able to execute the job description that goes along with the quarterback position."

On Dawkins:

On the flip side, the status of Dion Dawkins is now up in the air after he tested positive for COVID-19.

New league protocols allow a vaccinated player to return if asymptomatic and have one negative COVID-19 test.

Dawkins was hospitalized with COVID-19 in July and said he was a few days short of the 14-day window following getting a vaccine shot.

"That's the first place your mind goes to," McDermott said. "How this person will handle it. In this case, he's had it before and certainly had some challenges there. We're going to do all we can to support him and make sure that he is as healthy as possible or get as healthy as possible."

The Bills switched to all virtual meetings today following Dawkins' positive test out of precaution.

Tyrel Dodson tested positive for COVID-19 earlier in the week and posted on social media that he is asymptomatic and vaccinated.

McDermott listed Star Lotulelei and Taiwan Jones as questionable for Sunday.

Emmanuel Sanders has already been ruled out.

Star @#$%@#$^^!!!!  🤐

1. I hope more COVID positives aren't soon to follow for the Bills, but looking logically at how this has gone for other teams lately, I fear there will be more.

2. I read recently that the only reason the NFL didn't want to acquiesce to the NFLPA and have daily testing -- even for vaccinated players -- is because it would be too expensive. It's absolutely MIND BOGGLING to me (though sadly not surprising) that the NFL would so readily put money ahead of the safety of its players and the integrity and legitimacy of its games. Sometimes I hate that I'm so addicted to the Bills, because the NFL is an evil, negligent, greedy enterprise that cares nothing for the safety of its players.

3. It looks increasingly like the final quarter of this season and perhaps the playoffs are going to be nothing more than a war of attrition. This is largely avoidable, but because of item number 2, is NOT being avoided. Very disappointing. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.