Josh in a boot after Tampa game (now says he's "good to go", no effects)

Bakin

1 minute ago, ChrisWatson#21 said:

Not removing blame from coaches but Josh has to learn to save himself from himself.  He was well past the first down marker and could have chosen to slide and avoid that.

I hear you, but I think it's just who he is.  He is all in, all the time.  It will at times bring us immense joy, but other times serious concern, but he may just play this way his whole career (who knows though, if they fix the O-line and get a more capable RB he may over time not run as much).

19 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Way to protect your bosses’ quarter-billion investment McBeane…

He got injured after being tackled downfield on a scramble. Not excusing poor Line play but his injury had nothing to do with the Line. And if you're implying he shouldn't be running, that skill is a huge part of the reason he got paid a quarter billion. So.... 🤷

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Obviously that turned out to be, as with many things Rodgers, just BS. 

Brady got tired of winning SBs for BB, I don't think it was mainly about WRs.  He won 6 SB with nobodies and zero his only significant WR (Moss) in NE.

And Edelman and Welker, both pretty darn good WR's. 
Although a TE not a WR, perhaps Gronk was not a nobody either. 

3 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

And then this season...

It’s still goin let’s let them finish it out first lol if they miss the playoffs I’m with you gene but  the narrative is starting to shift a little bit in my mind at least and right now I’d say we’re a really tough out in the playoffs with a chance to do something special. Colts game seems like a bit of a statistical outlier now that we’ve played a lot of great teams tough right down to the wire home or away.  (Granted we’ve come up short in almost all of those games so you could definitely be right on about the negative outlook) 

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Brady made them good receivers.  

Gronk is a great TE/receiver, but the topic was WRs.

Maybe I’m dramatizing the pats dismantling of us in the Brady days but welker and Edelman looked darn near uncoverable for a majority of their careers. They were the perfect scheme fit for that offense

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Even if they make the playoffs, Beane whiffed on the offense last offseason. I know the cap decreased, but it decreased for all 32 teams...

That’s a fair point so far. If the season ended today I’d say he miscalculated focusing on beating up mahomes.  The chiefs are even winning with tough defense these days so they will likely give our offense problems.  

Oline takes time to construct.  

The build up of it started after the 2018 season.  Worst oline I've ever seen.

Dawkins has been the only piece they actually developed.  Ford is a bust.  Still way to early to know about Spencer.  

Everyone else has been patchwork sold to the lowest bidder UFA guys that sure they helped.  And Morse was a nice signing.  The only place the 2018 group could go was up.   

But no development behind them. 

That's an epic fail for this front office and coaching staff.  

They need to assess Bobby Johnson or decide its talent but I think he needs to go and we need a new voice there anyway to start reconstructing what is sure to be the top priority this offseason.  

Edited by Big Blitz

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Oline takes time to construct.  

The build up of it started after the 2018 season.  Worst oline I've ever seen.

Dawkins has been the only piece they actually developed.  Ford is a bust.  Still way to early to know about Spencer.  

Everyone else has been patchwork sold to the lowest bidder UFA guys that sure they helped.  And Morse was a nice signing.  The only place the 2018 group could go was up.   

But no development behind them. 

That's an epic fail for this front office and coaching staff.  

They need to assess Bobby Johnson or decide its talent but I think he needs to go and we need a new voice there anyway to start reconstructing what is sure to be the top priority this offseason.  

not even close...unless you're very young 

52 minutes ago, nucci said:

not even close...unless you're very young 

I'm 43.  I legit can't think of one worse.  Eric Wood was always around.  Jason Peters for a stretch.  That alone makes those groups ok.

And the 90s teams lines were obviously awesome except maybe a few in the late 90s.  Early 90s best Bills lines ever and shocker - all coincide with the Super Bowl run.  

Early 2000s I recall Jonas Jennings.  That was the Mike Williams draft in 2004.  We took him over Bryant McKinnie for some reason.  

20 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I'm 43.  I legit can't think of one worse.  Eric Wood was always around.  Jason Peters for a stretch.  That alone makes those groups ok.

And the 90s teams lines were obviously awesome except maybe a few in the late 90s.  Early 90s best Bills lines ever and shocker - all coincide with the Super Bowl run.  

Early 2000s I recall Jonas Jennings.  That was the Mike Williams draft in 2004.  We took him over Bryant McKinnie for some reason.  

The Bills have had worse OL than this one...also they played really well in 2nd half. Better pass protection and Singletary had some big holes

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, mattynh said:

Rex is getting excited 

I CANNOT LOOK AWAY QUICKLY ENOUGH.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

And let Ritchie incognito go , all stupid moves

Given ol' Ritchie's football career after Buffalo, meaning his total insanity, I'm glad that he is no longer here.  The dude needs help overall.

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Brady made them good receivers.  

Gronk is a great TE/receiver, but the topic was WRs.

First off, the spirit of the topic was 'receivers' not WR's per se, but sure. 

Brady certainly made them better. But one data point at least indicates Welker was excellent even without Brady. 

Welker pulled down 111 receptions and 1165 yards in 2008 with Matt Cassel throwing to him. That season was statistically about the same as the surrounding 6 seasons with Brady at QB. 

I'd posit that Edelman was an even better athlete and receiver than Welker.  

6 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

First off, the spirit of the topic was 'receivers' not WR's per se, but sure. 

nope

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Even so, NE's neglect to replenish quality WR is one reason he decamped from NE.

49 minutes ago, TheCockSportif said:

I CANNOT LOOK AWAY QUICKLY ENOUGH.

Given ol' Ritchie's football career after Buffalo, meaning his total insanity, I'm glad that he is no longer here.  The dude needs help overall.

He wouldn't have gone crazy if we kept him, letting him go made him unstable, especially when he bought into the process and then gets dumped because he earned a bigger paycheck. He does need help but has been fine for the raiders, even if hes out this year .

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.