Week 14 Gameday Bills at Buccaneers Postgame thread

Hapless Bills Fan

3 minutes ago, Success said:

Anyone have insomnia tips?  These brutal Sunday losses have not been good for my sleep....

What's horrible is that I actually distanced myself from the team this week because the Pats loss really upset me. 

Today rolls around, I'm in a great mood. Don't care if we win or lose. First half ends, shrug my shoulders. And then...they come all the way back. And I'm roped in again, and heartbroken again. 

And can't sleep...again...

Edit: Not a negative Nancy either...totally think that they can win out...but still heartbroken...

Edited by Vertig0
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

I have seen a lot of games get ruined at the end. Only way to make sure that can't happen is to be up multiple scores.

Yup.  That’s the only way to make sure, but it would be nice to be the beneficiary of some freebies once in awhile.  

1 hour ago, Governor said:

Come on man.

You don’t have to be upset that we got ripped off by the refs.  I will be.  Non bills fans are upset about it, why wouldn’t I be?  The officiating is a running joke.  It’s not make believe.  It’s a major problem.  Every one KNOWS this.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This team could be sitting there at 8-8 and people will still be saying how the light is about to come on for a super bowl run. It’s to many losses. We are most likely dead here

Dead as in not making the playoffs? 

1 hour ago, Process said:

Is there an explanation for why our star WR came out of the game multiple times on the final drive in regulation?

Honestly think he was gassed. I think being gassed from giving everything was why OT went the way it did on both sides of the ball. 

for Gene and groin, if we can’t expect consistent officiating then you can’t really do much of anything. Having rules and having them applied consistently is fundamental to life (let alone football).  Y’all both earned your ignores. 

2 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

The DB was looking at the ball. Handfighting there is not going to draw a flag.

That’s not hand fighting unless Diggs hands are connected to the collar of his Jersey.…..look at his Jersey gene…..it’s CLEARLY being yanked.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I think we are going to miss the playoffs now yes

So you think we’re losing 2 of our next 4? That’s essentially what it will take… 

We’re currently sitting as the 7 seed. 

Cleveland, Cincinnati and Denver are tied with us but are losing the tiebreaker. They all play each other on top of other division opponents. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, zow2 said:

This game ending was so frustrating for a bunch of different reasons.  

But not completing the comeback was just a vicious gut punch.

Is there any doubt that if Buffalo had the 24-3 lead gave it up that Tampa would ultimately win the game? No, of course not. But somehow this years Bills team can’t make that one extra play and get over the hump in these close games.

It’s like getting to OT was the goal and once they did the stakes (sudden death) are so high they go conservative mode then crack under pressure.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Success said:

Thanks, Doc.  That really IS calming to think about.

After 20+ years of searching, it's very cool to think he'll be a Bill for many years to come.

As long as we don't get in a disagreement with Josh about a neck surgery.

6 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

So you think we’re losing 2 of our next 4? That’s essentially what it will take… 

Cleveland, Cincinnati and Denver are tied with us but are losing the tiebreaker. They all play each other on top of other division opponents. 

When is the last time this season we won back to back games.

I'll hang up now and listen

25 minutes ago, Groin said:

And that is what happens when you don't show up to play a full game, and rely on a trick play and pulling it out in OT to overcome (OT was a total waste of time).  This is reminiscent of MCM game in a way where you hope for something, anything, to go your way after doing nothing offensively for large stretches of the game.  Or maybe it was reminiscent of the 1998 game in Foxborough, the game where the Bills walked off the field in disgust only to return to let the Pats kick a FG to finish the game.  As some claim, I am not an apologist when it comes to officiating, but you have to factor the crappiness of NFL officiating into your game plan.  If the NFL wanted to fix officiating, or to go to a more tennis-like approach of automating its officiating, it would've years ago.  The Bills have to do better.  If you pray for a miracle, you might get one.  Then again, you might not.

Getting a fair shake against a Tom Brady led team does seem like a miracle in general 😂 if it was just that late no call it wouldn’t bother me but every call seems to go his teams way for decades lol there were quite a few eyebrow raising calls in the first half as well…got that nice ticky tacky pi to beat the packers in the playoffs last year and then we all saw what happened in the super bowl 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

13 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This team could be sitting there at 8-8 and people will still be saying how the light is about to come on for a super bowl run. It’s to many losses. We are most likely dead here

We just took the defending Super Bowl champs to Overtime despite horrible officiating.  There's no reason to think we can't win the next four.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I don’t agree with the thought that 10 is going to be enough. Until I see us win back to back games, I’m not comfortable assuming it will happen. And there is absolutely no reason to assume we win IN New England. The Steelers and Jags losses were ones we couldn’t afford and put our backs against the wall now. I realize people are saying 10 is what it takes but it’s impossible to know that and I’m not sure it’s right. We have a ton of conference losses

First of all, I’ll admit I was really hard on this team during most of the GDT. I can get quite emotional with this team.

Speaking of emotion, I was damn proud of how this team didn’t tuck its tail and battled back. No, I don’t accept losing or moral victories, but this team needs to find something in itself. A spark. Confidence. Swagger. Something to get off the mat and salvage this once promising season. If they turn it around and get the wins they should to close the season, we may look back at this game as that moment. 

Josh is a damn warrior. The way this year has gone, I was really starting to wonder whether Allen had the ability to drag his team back when getting down by multiple scores. Not only did he show he can do it, he came this close to pulling off the win. Regardless of what happens the rest of the way, it’s really comforting knowing that this is really only the beginning. As long as we have Josh, we should be in it every year with a shot to go the distance. That’s exciting to think about. 

Things I hated:

1. Brady (will always be #1 on this list). 

2. Head coaching decisions (thought he coached scared most of the game and that decision to punt at midfield almost prevented the time necessary to get back in it. I thought it was pretty gutless at the time, and I still do. You could also argue the first field goal was a fairly wimpy call, but I get the desire to get points there psychologically). 

3. First half (as well as late red zone and OT series) offensive play calling. (Daboll was awful in the first half. Came alive in the second half, only to squander the late red zone trip and the first possession in OT to win). 

4. Referees (Come on…at least try to make it look less obvious). 

5. Run defense (Seems like we have at least one big brain fart play a game lately. You could argue pass defense didn’t have a great game, particularly based on Brady’s stat line and that last play, but I thought they held their own down Tre and with that group of pass catchers. I think Dane will be fine. Would’ve liked to come up with one of those interceptions though). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I don’t agree with the thought that 10 is going to be enough. Until I see us win back to back games, I’m not comfortable assuming it will happen. And there is absolutely no reason to assume we win IN New England. The Steelers and Jags losses were ones we couldn’t afford and put our backs against the wall now. I realize people are saying 10 is what it takes but it’s impossible to know that and I’m not sure it’s right. We have a ton of conference losses

Well for starters… this team has won back to back games this year. 

Dude… have you looked at anyone else?

We currently have the tiebreaker over the teams behind us… 

• Like (+1) 1

Us not winning 2 games in a row since week 5 and having a game on the road vs NE is a reason why 

We've gone on a four game winning streak before this year and that included one tough game against the Chiefs.  We beat NE on a decent weather day.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JGMcD2 said:

Well for starters… this team has won back to back games this year. 

Dude… have you looked at anyone else?

We currently have the tiebreaker over the teams behind us… 

Look i Hope this team somehow gets it rolling and wins all 4 and still gets the division somehow. I’m just bracing for the fall because I think that NE game last week was almost our season. I’d love to be wrong and at this point, just making the playoffs would feel like the season was worth it. We shall see I guess

3 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

May I present to you an even worse view. 

2D38D76E-4C56-49C7-97EF-FAE5E07A26F8.jpeg

Exactly how I saw it lol the handfighting is what people are focusing on which is a tossup but 24 fell and legit tackled diggs lol absolutely egregious especially given he knew he committed the game losing pi and he threw his hands up in a desperate attempt to avoid the call haha 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Exactly how I saw it lol the handfighting is what people are focusing on which is a tossup but 24 fell and legit tackled diggs lol absolutely egregious especially given he knew he committed the game losing pi and he threw his hands up in a desperate attempt to avoid the call haha 

Totally inexcusable...

Nobody can say with a straight face that's not DPI..

The guy is on his knees tearing Diggs jersey off with the ball in the air

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JROC INTEL said:

So many people are saying the nfl is rigged. Can you guys tell me why the nfl would really want Brady to keep winning? Wouldn’t letting other franchises win be of a more financial benefit? Everyones tired of seeing him win. Just curious on your thoughts, lmk!

Can't think of any reason why the NFL would want the best player of all time to keep winning. You know, the guy that generates the most media attention and jersey sales ever. Curious.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

Totally inexcusable...

It’s never a tossup when you grab the jersey either…idk how but they must’ve missed the jersey pull in all 3 cases lol Davis did an ok job faking that they tangled feet but if the ref was actually paying attention there’s no way that’s not dpi

1 minute ago, MPT said:

Can't think of any reason why the NFL would want the best player of all time to keep winning. You know, the guy that generates the most media attention and jersey sales ever. Curious.

They’ve gotta get TB and NE those buy weeks 

9 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

It's also pretty clearly why Diggs seemed to have a weird stumble from the other angle...It wasn't a stumble...He was yanked...

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Totally inexcusable...

I would say this was just the refs trying to let them play down the stretch and they made the wrong decision but the bucs were holding all day

20 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Pittsburgh game a female ref calls a pi from halfway across the field when the ref right there let it go. No ref on the field sees this? Ridiculous, it was overlooked on purpose…

Imagine this identical play unfolding, but with the players being reversed.

I.E., a Bill defending a Buccaneer.

What are the odds it's still NOT CALLED?  

You just know that flag would have flown!

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Man the Buffalo media had some real chicken ***** questions after the game… made McD look like a hero. Nothing about his cowardly 4th down calls….

That's how WNY sports media is; it's why Jerry Sullivan is singled out as some type of villain---he's one of the few guys operates big league style and doesn't mind asking embarrassing questions.

Mike Harrington will do it too.

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Imagine this identical play unfolding, but with the players being reversed.

I.E., a Bill defending a Buccaneer.

What are the odds it's still NOT CALLED?  

You just know that flag would have flown!

That's how WNY sports media is; it's why Jerry Sullivan is singled out as some type of villain---he's one of the few guys operates big league style and doesn't mind asking embarrassing questions.

Mike Harrington will do it too.

It was pretty much the same level as that rams saints playoff game a few years ago imo…just wasn’t a playoff game so it won’t get the same exposure. Huge mismatch with Davis on diggs and he lost the battle and had to try to take diggs to the ground to prevent the td 

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Man the Buffalo media had some real chicken ***** questions after the game… made McD look like a hero. Nothing about his cowardly 4th down calls….

Yea I didn’t see the postgame but the refs may have bailed him out…that punt was still a terrible decision despite them still having a shot to win 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Chicken little decision… the fake was too. Dude was scared. 

Explain how the fake is him coaching scared?

I get wanting to have Josh on the field, believe me, but he made an aggressive decision by running a fake punt. It’s still an attempt to convert on 4th down. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.