Bills @ Bucs talk

letsgoteam

Oh, they'll win for sure. In fact, they'll win by a healthy margin. This is a peculiar year. The impact of COVID has been underestimated by most observers. All their losses, except maybe yesterday's, can be attributed to COVID-related absences and performances, especially Dawkins and Brown. I think that's why McDermott is so frustrated. But they may have finally turned a corner. I think they win the game yesterday in normal weather conditions. 

Prediction: They run the table. 

Caveats: IF COVID doesn't decimate the lineup going forward; and IF McDermott doesn't lose the team with his undisciplined tantrums (e.g., squabbling with Daboll and throwing McKittrick under the bus). 

20 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I actually think the Bills present a decent matchup and in theory think they could win given the Bucs' secondary issues, but here's the issue: the Bucs are 5-0 at home and here are the scores in their last four home games (they opened with a tight win over Dallas):

48-25

45-17

38-3

30-10

They are absolutely blowing teams out at home this season. 

I think as long as Fournette has a pulse, the Bucs' home ass-kicking trend will continue for them.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

PFF has this cowboy as their 27th overall prospect for the draft.  We could maybe get a guy like this.

27. DI JORDAN DAVIS, GEORGIA

The single most physically imposing defender in college football. At 6-foot-7, 360 pounds, he’s an immovable block along the defensive line. That may be all you get, though, as he’s managed all of eight pressures this season.

OK, only 8 pressures all year.  That's fine.

Let him consume at least 2 OLmen and make a wall over the "A" gaps that can't be moved.

That's all he needs to do to be very effective at the NFL level.

That or not sure who’s available via FA.  Cap going up but need to have a stockpile of drafted players with lower salaries.  Just have to be wise on draft picks versus free agents.  Offensive line needs the same help as the center of our D.

In addition to a draft pick, a space eater should be a proven vet who may command big bucks.  Gotta pay for play.  

17 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Put up or shut up time.  Have to win so put it all on the table.  No holds barred attitude.  

I hope they get the swagger back from late last year.  We could win  a bunch of our games and still get in the playoffs.  Home field may not be important as we haven’t faired well there.

I feel this game will be a bucs win by a few TD’s.  I hope you are right and they get an attitude and fight.

8 minutes ago, Mopreme said:

I expect Tyler Bass to score the most points for the Bills.  I don’t have much faith anymore with the red zone execution. I miss the 2020 Bills offense. Maybe John Brown was the x factor? 

Yeah because a guy that barely played last year and has been cut by 3 teams already this season and currently isn't on an NFL roster is truly the missing piece.

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Pabstblueribbon said:

The blueprint to beat Buffalo is the same as the way to beat KC, with the notable exception that KC can in most cases actually scheme a way to move the ball on the ground when teams dare them to do so. We are walking into a buzz saw im afraid.

Tampa doesnt have the secondary.  Front 7 is stout.  Lets see what the offense can do.  They have been underwhelming.  

We are better than the 4 teams we play after the Bucs. We will be huge favorites vs 3 of them.

I get why people are saying it's a must win, but it's really not. 

At this point this team just needs to get to the playoffs, even if it's ugly. We will still be in decent shape with a loss and will still have a shot at the division.

But again, from a mentality standpoint, I get it. Get blown out and fail to beat a good team again and it's gonna start feeling like a first round playoff exit for us this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.