SNF: Denver at KC 8:20 on NBC

Hapless Bills Fan

17 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

But his comment on Doug Whaley is an all timer:

"Doug Whaley can eat a d—. Doug Whaley can die in a hole and drink bleach. I'm dead serious. The reason I didn't play in the XFL is because Doug Whaley's name was on it. I'm dead serious."

LMAO!!

Whaley cut Fred Jackson so Karlos Williams could play.  Yet Whaley's the one that can eat a dick.  Riiiight.  I'm no Doug Whaley fan, but that is rich coming from Karlos Klump.

• Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Broncos remind me so much of the Doug Marrone Bills in 2014.

my buddy who is a Broncos fan told me going into this season that this team Has a ceiling of the Tyrod Taylor Bills. I think he was right. They play great D. They have some talent on O. But they aren’t going anywhere with that QB play.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Turnovers

Yep. And utter inability to make a play when you need to make a play.

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

my buddy who is a Broncos fan told me going into this season that this team Has a ceiling of the Tyrod Taylor Bills. I think he was right. They play great D. They have some talent on O. But they aren’t going anywhere with that QB play.

If only they had Tyrod Taylor (at least the 2016 or even 2017 version). At least he could make a big play. And avoid stupid turnovers.

9 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Stats:

Total yards:  Broncos 356, KC 275

TOP:  Broncos 31:57, KC 25:06

Penalties: Broncos 4-32, KC 7-60

Score: Broncos 9, KC 22

9 points off of turnovers given to KC

they get points late 2Q 

It’s  a tie gameatleast.

KC has gotten lucky in this winning streak oftheirs

the survive the giants who led 17-14 in the 4Q

beat Packers by 6 without Rodgers

beat Cowboys by 10 where they didn’t have their 2 receivers.

now the Broncos game

all 4 of those games were in KC

10 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Stats:

Total yards:  Broncos 356, KC 275

TOP:  Broncos 31:57, KC 25:06

Penalties: Broncos 4-32, KC 7-60

Score: Broncos 9, KC 22

This is classic box score analysis without context.  

Denver racked up a lot of garbage time yardage.  Denver had 157 total yards with just a few seconds left in the half, they completed a 34 yard pass that meant nothing as KC was in prevent and Denver didn't attempt a hail mary, they just threw to a wide open target way short....

Lets add that in though...so 191 yards at halftime.

They would only add an additional 38 yards for the entire 3rd Q.  With 13:26 reamining in the game, KC led 16-3.  From that point on KC went to prevent type D....and Denver racked up 176 yards with from the 13:26 mark onward.  176, plus the worthless and meaningless 34 yard pass play to end the half...That's 200 yards of garbage time stats...when the outcome was still in the balance Denver wasn't doing well.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

23 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Denver racked up a lot of garbage time yardage.  Denver had 157 total yards with just a few seconds left in the half, they completed a 34 yard pass that meant nothing as KC was in prevent and Denver didn't attempt a hail mary, they just threw to a wide open target way short....

They would only add an additional 38 yards for the entire 3rd Q.  With 13:26 reamining in the game, KC led 16-3.  From that point on KC went to prevent type D....and Denver racked up 176 yards with from the 13:26 mark onward.  176, plus the worthless and meaningless 34 yard pass play to end the half...That's 200 yards of garbage time stats...when the outcome was still in the balance Denver wasn't doing well.  

Agreed. I never had the feeling Denver had a chance in this one. 

One thing is for sure though, that Chiefs O hasn't looked good in quite some time now. Another mediocre performance by them but their D has improved considerably and Collingsworth actually made a solid point about Spags defense getting stronger as the year goes on and this year is no different 

29 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

The other thing that doesn't get factored in is -75 yards on the INT for Denver and +75 for KC. I know it doesn't go in the offensive stats, but the yardage (positive and negative) is real. It literally flips the script from 356 Denver/275 KC to 281 Denver/350 KC.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Agree 1

Just now, JerseyBills said:

Agreed. I never had the feeling Denver had a chance in this one. 

One thing is for sure though, that Chiefs O hasn't looked good in quite some time now. Another mediocre performance by them but their D has improved considerably and Collingsworth actually made a solid point about Spags defense getting stronger as the year goes on and this year is no different 

I agree.  KC's offense has struggled.  Lots of drops that have turned into INTs.  Some INTS where Mahomes makes POOR choices.  Other times, Mahomes just looks off.  We do have 5 new O lineman and they have gotten better each week, but Mahomes hasn't looked comfortable all year in the pocket.  I can't say for sure, but I do not think he trusts Orlando Brown still.  Brown has gotten better, but he still pretty much tries to ride pass rushers around and to the rear of the pocket....Problem is, once they get back there, Brown isn't athletic enough to maintain contact with some of the faster dudes so I don't think Mahomes is entirely confident that the rear of the pocket is safe when Brown steers them back there.  As I've said, he's gotten better, but Mahomes isn't comfortable.  Mahomes also has a new baby, and his brother, wife and mom surely must annoy the crap out of him and are distractions.  Whatever the case may be....he's off, the offense is off kilter.  The D is really stepping up right now...hopefully they can get the offense back to something close to what it has been in recent times...

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Zerovoltz said:

Disagree…Denver moved the ball pretty well much of the game but just didn’t come away with TDs. The Chiefs should have put them away early, but that offense just looks off.  Not what they used to be.

2 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

What a crock. The story of the game was poor red zone play calling and execution by the Broncos. 

• Eyeroll 1

39 minutes ago, mannc said:

Disagree…Denver moved the ball pretty well much of the game but just didn’t come away with TDs. The Chiefs should have put them away early, but that offense just looks off.  Not what they used to be.

....I'm not sure how you can say that...I posted the ACTUAL YARDAGE.  They went 3/10 on third down in the first 3 quarters.  and only 1/4 on third down in the 4th quarter....

22 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

What a crock. The story of the game was poor red zone play calling and execution by the Broncos. 

....they were only in the red zone once in the first 3 quarters.  In the 4th Q, when the game was already settled, they scored a TD in the red zone.  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

....I'm not sure how you can say that...I posted the ACTUAL YARDAGE.  They went 3/10 on third down in the first 3 quarters.  and only 1/4 on third down in the 4th quarter....

I don't recall saying anything about 3d down conversion percentages...

39 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

....they were only in the red zone once in the first 3 quarters.  In the 4th Q, when the game was already settled, they scored a TD in the red zone.  

It's ok if you slept through parts of the game. 

1 minute ago, mannc said:

I don't recall saying anything about 3d down conversion percentages...

You didn't...but it's an indication that Denver wasn't moving the ball well.....THey nearly doubled their yardage total for the game after KC has taken a 16-3 lead with 13:26 left in the game.

59 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Why do some Bills fans go out of there way to diminish other teams success? If you were to read this forum regularly it's almost as every other team who is playing well right now is just 'lucky' and the Bills are somehow not culpable for their own failures and current mediorcrity?

Yes with a better QB the Broncos probably could have made it a game and even won last night, but the fact of the matter they didn't and the Chiefs are a defending two time AFC champion for a reason. I also had a hunch all along their defense would get better later in the year similiar to the Pats teams of years past even though Mahomes still isn't playing near his capability yet which is a scary though.

• Agree 3

4 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Why do some Bills fans go out of there way to diminish other teams success? If you were to read this forum regularly it's almost as every other team who is playing well right now is just 'lucky' and the Bills are somehow not culpable for their own failures and current mediorcrity?

Yes with a better QB the Broncos probably could have made it a game and even won last night, but the fact of the matter they didn't and the Chiefs are a defending two time AFC champion for a reason. I also had a hunch all along their defense would get better later in the year similiar to the Pats teams of years past even though Mahomes still isn't playing near his capability yet which is a scary though.

Shut up. 

5 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

You didn't...but it's an indication that Denver wasn't moving the ball well.....THey nearly doubled their yardage total for the game after KC has taken a 16-3 lead with 13:26 left in the game.

Yeah, that 10 minute, 20 play drive that took nearly the entire second quarter and could have tied that game at the half is total proof that KC dominated them all day long. 

Forget the previous drive where they got down to the 14 yard line then had back to back penalties push them back to a 1st and 30. 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Vomit 1

6 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Shut up. 

Yeah, that 10 minute, 20 play drive that took nearly the entire second quarter and could have tied that game at the half is total proof that KC dominated them all day long. 

Forget the previous drive where they got down to the 14 yard line then had back to back penalties push them back to a 1st and 30. 

LOL....it took 20 plays and two 4th down conversions.  

• Agree 1

Just now, Zerovoltz said:

LOL....it took 20 plays and two 4th down conversions.  

I get it, with Mahomes playing like this you are going to need a dominate D to win the #1 seed:

51.7% Completion, 184 yards, 0 TD. 1 INT 57.3 Rating

But don't get it twisted, the Broncos lost the game. 

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

I get it, with Mahomes playing like this you are going to need a dominate D to win the #1 seed:

51.7% Completion, 184 yards, 0 TD. 1 INT 57.3 Rating

But don't get it twisted, the Broncos lost the game. 

Championship teams find ways to win when they aren't playing their A game.  Mahomes didn't play very well....and he isn't having a great year...but he's still top 10 or better in relevant passing categories and KC has now allowed under 14 points in 4 straight.  Since week 6, they've given up the fewest points in the leauge.

4 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Championship teams find ways to win when they aren't playing their A game.  Mahomes didn't play very well....and he isn't having a great year...but he's still top 10 or better in relevant passing categories and KC has now allowed under 14 points in 4 straight.  Since week 6, they've given up the fewest points in the leauge.

Your D is playing much better. And the Chiefs are going to be in the race for the #1 seed. I'm just saying that Denver lost the game more.

Just now, Billl said:

22-3 before a garbage time TD, and people are pretending the better team didn’t win.

You like making up words and them putting them into people's posts. The Chiefs were certainly the better team. When did I say the Broncos were the better team? Jesus... But stop pretending like the Broncos didn't lose the game... They gave away every opportunity to be in it due to incompetence on their part. 

• Eyeroll 1

31 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Denver reminds me of the Bills 2013-14

Defense is good enough to win 10-11 games with, but offense is porus enough to stop that.

Offense is solid too.

Helluva back in Williams.  Good TE,WRs, they are a QB away from being contenders 

Denver is probably going to land Aaron Rogers, Russell Wilson or Deshawn Watson in the offseason and will be right up there in the championship mix.

Fangio is actually a decent coach but might not be around to next year to reap the benefits of this but it's not his fault he's been in QB purgatory during his tenure there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.