SNF: Denver at KC 8:20 on NBC

Hapless Bills Fan

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Collinsworth now raving about how Mahomes sits on the bench. 

Seriously?  I have him on mute.  I’m learning to read the officials lips so I don’t have to unmute for penalties and then not get it re-muted quickly enough

You can’t imagine how much greater the enjoyment level of the game becomes

And I know it’s not just “homerism” as I have the same problems with him when he’s commenting other teams that I’m not even too invested about

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Seriously?  I have him on mute.  I’m learning to read the officials lips so I don’t have to unmute for penalties and then not get it re-muted quickly enough

You can’t imagine how much greater the enjoyment level of the game becomes

And I know it’s not just “homerism” as I have the same problems with him when he’s commenting other teams that I’m not even too invested about

Seriously..  He talked about how he feels like he’s watching a commercial when looking at Mahomes on the bench.  He’s a “cartoon character with the cannon going off all over the field “. 

(As Mahomes simply sits on the bench chewing a mouth guard)

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, SCBills said:

Seriously..  He talked about how he feels like he’s watching a commercial when looking at Mahomes on the bench.  He’s a “cartoon character with the cannon going off al over the field “. 

((As Mahomes simply sits on the bench chewing a mouth guard))

I was going to click the “vomit” reaction then wanted to be sure I was clear - it’s towards Collinsworth.

Though Denver getting stuffed on 4th and 2 with that play call vs at least getting a FG is 🤮 too

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

Coaches are getting recklessly aggressive, and I love it but it hasn't worked out great today

Agreed.

I’ll need to figure out how to verbalize, but I’m wondering if the data that is driving the analytics is skewed by teams that were truly confident they had a good plan for that game situation and that team, so they succeeded more often.

But looked at abstractly just as down, distance, field position, game situation etc and going for it based on probabilities - perhaps that leads some teams that do not have as good of a play or personnel advantage to take a risk they should not.

I don’t know if that makes sense.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.