SNF: Cleveland Browns at Baltimore Ravens

Hapless Bills Fan

9 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

There are all sorts of African American QB's that play in the same style as a Rogers or Brees.

There's no doubt the bias against black QBs and the bias against running/scrambling QBs were kind of intersecting Venn diagrams for a long time. But not anymore. it may be time to retire that whole talking point.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Better divisional record even though they lost to them.  If Broncos beat Chargers again they'll get the head to head tie breakers.  Confusing.

Correct.  It's because 3 teams in the division have the same record at 6-5.  That negates head to head and so you go to division record.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

There's no doubt the bias against black QBs and the bias against running/scrambling QBs were kind of intersecting Venn diagrams for a long time. But not anymore. it may be time to retire that whole talking point.

I believe with Lamar they’re very cautious on picking their words. They’re afraid to criticize and I think because he’s black. I just don’t like him as a QB because he’s not very good at that position and they’ll never go deep in the playoffs with him. 

2 minutes ago, balln said:

omg that hit the ground - who the ***** is terry ? these refs the networks get to comment are even mind blowingly clueless - WHICH should tell you how messed up the whole system is

I'm glad they actually followed their own damn standard of review.

I think it's 60% likely the ball touched the ground.

"Clear and obvious" ought to mean something more like 80 or 90 percent.

2 minutes ago, balln said:

omg that hit the ground - who the ***** is terry ? these refs the networks get to comment are even mind blowingly clueless - WHICH should tell you how messed up the whole system is

a ball can hit the ground on a catch if you have control of the ball and it doesn’t jostle when ground is hit and you don’t trap it like if both hands are on top of the ball.  The bertemanuel catch.

Just now, AlfaBill said:

I believe with Lamar they’re very cautious on picking their words. They’re afraid to criticize and I think because he’s black. I just don’t like him as a QB because he’s not very good at that position and they’ll never go deep in the playoffs with him. 

Well, here we disagree.

I guess Kaepernick, who went to the SB and damn near won it, is the best proof that a run oriented QB can go deep into the playoffs.

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Agreed.  It seemed bizarre that they brought it up. 

The question about Jackson isn't really aimed at Jackson, it's about whether the Roman offense can work in the long run. Jackson represents the best overall QB from a passing and rushing perspective that Roman has ever had. If his offense can't get over the playoff hump with Jackson at QB then it indicates to me that Romans offense won't work in the NFL. 

And in contrast to Collinsworth blathering's, NO ONE in the NFL is looking for a Tom Brady clone. That time has come and gone.  Brady is the greatest QB to ever play the game and they aren't making any more of him.  And for the record the modern NFL isn't interested in statues that can navigate the pocket. They want their QB to be like Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Watson or any of the young mobile QBs with great arm talent.  In fact look at the last draft - four of the five first round QB's are mobile guys with great arms.   Only one of the five, Max Jones, can be remotely described as Brady like in style.  Collinsworth is simply delusional here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.