Knox’s Development

Andy1

I was a big Knox fan when he became "Mr. Angry Run".  I became disenchanted with him when I saw the drops last year and and again in pre-season, when Hollister outplayed him.  Last week I was DONE with him, relegating him back to "Dropsome" after he had 4 brutal drops.  Yesterday, he was once again "Dawesome", catching everything and scoring TD's like crazy.  I hope he's no longer a Dow Joneser from now on, and plays consistently well week-in, week out.

• Vomit 1

What I find interesting about Dawson is he obviously isnt 100 percent right now.....that hand is so swollen after games.

but he is catching balls better then ever.  You would think he would be dropping everything and ppl would use the hand not being 100 percent as a excuse.....

The patience in bringing along Knox has paid off.   He is now a high level TE in the NFL

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/top-3-things-we-learned-from-bills-at-saints-thanksgiving-night

Knox notches record

Through the first six weeks of the season he established himself as a true number one tight end.
Six weeks later he set a team record for single season touchdowns by a tight end.

Knox pulled in a pair of touchdown passes from Josh Allen giving him his sixth and seventh scoring plays of the season.

It eclipsed a Bills record previously shared by Pete Metzelaars, Jay Riemersma and Scott Chandler, who had all logged six touchdown receptions in a season for Buffalo.

Knox SUCKS! He has hands of stone! He never even did anything in college, how could he possibly be a decent NFL player? 

I read that somewhere. 

All kidding aside, I always loved his upside. (Look it up if you want.) He made the great catches and plays. The problem was NOT his hands. I think he needed to relax and make the catch rather than trying to do too much. He can be a top 5 TE in this league for years to come, IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I was a big Knox fan when he became "Mr. Angry Run".  I became disenchanted with him when I saw the drops last year and and again in pre-season, when Hollister outplayed him.  Last week I was DONE with him, relegating him back to "Dropsome" after he had 4 brutal drops.  Yesterday, he was once again "Dawesome", catching everything and scoring TD's like crazy.  I hope he's no longer a Dow Joneser from now on, and plays consistently well week-in, week out.

You just seem wishy washy lol 

Either be a fan or don't haha

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Big time development with D Knox. When you factor in the low amount of targets and QB play at Ole Miss, this was an excellent find by Beane. It also explains why it took time fore Knox to become a more consistent contributor.

Beane did a great job drafting him, but it wasn't crazy that they drafted him, hes an insane athlete his metrics are off the chart. Any GM can see a freak athlete and draft him, what's more impressive is beane and mcd were willing to wait, be patient when he wasnt playing great and develop him, that's hard to do in the nfl. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

The patience in bringing along Knox has paid off.   He is now a high level TE in the NFL

Really cool know that he's just starting to figure out the position and developing a connection with Allen. Just think, athletically he's more gifted than kelce or kittle. No one knows how high knoxs ceiling is.

On 11/26/2021 at 1:27 AM, Andy1 said:

I’m thrilled with the development we’ve seen from Knox this season. Today he became the TE with the most franchise TDs in a single season. I know a lot of fans have doubted his ability to develop in previous years. Several experts preached patience with him and it appears they were right. He has two TDs tonight and it should have been three. He is obviously a weapon that Josh has a lot of confidence in. When he catches the ball on the edges, he becomes a real problem for dbs to tackle. He is the most dynamic TE I think I’ve ever seen on the Bills. Looking forward to seeing him for many seasons to come.

I did preach patience. I am no expert, but thanks for the compliment. 👍

6 hours ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Beane did a great job drafting him, but it wasn't crazy that they drafted him, hes an insane athlete his metrics are off the chart. Any GM can see a freak athlete and draft him, what's more impressive is beane and mcd were willing to wait, be patient when he wasnt playing great and develop him, that's hard to do in the nfl. 

Correct. The piece that is impossible to assess with 100% certainty is the fortitude of the player to work at their craft to develop that athletic skill into positive tangible results. 

2 hours ago, bobobonators said:

I was ready to give up on Knox after last season. This might have been my worst take ever. Im so happy to be wrong. 

After Josh, I've decided to give players at least 3 seasons to prove themselves.

And speaking of TEs, what's become of Logan Thomas?  Did the Bills still miss out on him?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Maynard said:

I was never one to ever doubt Knox. I knew he had it physically and was just super raw. He’s really starting to come into his own now. Great dude as well! Very happy for him. 

This.  He’s limited the ill timed drops and missed blocking assignments.  He’s always had a flair for the dramatic with his physical ability.  At least we’ll get him on the cheap for one more year 

5 hours ago, Doc said:

After Josh, I've decided to give players at least 3 seasons to prove themselves.

And speaking of TEs, what's become of Logan Thomas?  Did the Bills still miss out on him?

I mean the Bills missed out on Thomas, sure. But you don't give 30 year old conversion players four seasons to see if they become aby good. He had two utterly forgettable season at TE as a Bill and then one as a Lion. At 30 in his 4th year as a TE he suddenly broke out. Oh well. That is one you always have to be willing to miss on.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I mean the Bills missed out on Thomas, sure. But you don't give 30 year old conversion players four seasons to see if they become aby good. He had two utterly forgettable season at TE as a Bill and then one as a Lion. At 30 in his 4th year as a TE he suddenly broke out. Oh well. That is one you always have to be willing to miss on.

Yup.  I was being facetious. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.