Knox’s Development

Andy1

Knox was drafted because he had all the physical skills needed, but was very un-polished.  In college he had a total of 39 catches for 605 yards and 0 TD's. That Ole Miss team relied on its 1st round WR's to do the all the work, scheme wasn't set up for him.   Pretty sure he left after his junior season, likely if he had stayed another season, with those guys gone, he would have been showcased much more..

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, DJB said:

Amazing turnaround in his game. I was a naysayer and thought he needed to be replaced with those brick hands. 

Love him now 

Yeah, his brick hands really bothered me.  He's better now: not perfect - but an asset rather than a deficit overall.  Good for tough after-the-catch yards.   

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Isn't that what Carradine would say just before he booted some baddies' heads off? 🤔

That was the constant advice of the blind sage played by Keye Luke who among his many roles was son number 1 in the old Charlie Chan movies.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Utah John said:

Knox is just a different guy than Kelce.  Kelce is the Chiefs' version of Beasley, the guy who gets open to convert third downs into firsts.  Kelce also is a threat downfield but a lot of his catches are the shorter variety where he gets open through superior knowledge and quickness rather than the speed and downfield threat that Knox has.  I'm not criticizing either guy.  Kelce is the best TE in football.  What Knox brings is a different set of tools.  I don't think Knox will have Kelce-like numbers as long as we have Beasley getting all the quick shots, and I think Beasley is the best man on the team for those short routes.  

Dawson reminds me more of Dallas Clark from a size / speed comparison and the down field threat they both posed.

I was a bit surprised to see Knox ahead of Clark at this point in their respective careers. 

Take a look at Clark's progression: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/ClarDa00.htm

40 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Dawson reminds me more of Dallas Clark from a size / speed comparison and the down field threat they both posed.

I was a bit surprised to see Knox ahead of Clark at this point in their respective careers. 

Take a look at Clark's progression: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/ClarDa00.htm

Yeah I remember people saying the Bills should’ve taken Clark in the draft , and then watching his progression and thinking after the first 4 seasons that he wasn’t all that great.

• Like (+1) 1

His right hand was so swollen during the post-game interview / turkey leg 🍗 chow-down (would’ve been appropriate for Ed Oliver to have been included in that. Dude made plays without much help / with backups along the rest of the line). Literally DOUBLE the size of his left hand still from the surgery a few weeks ago.

Dude is a baller, just runs through people, and it seems like the TE University thing helped his game. Very important outlet for Josh and his blocking has gotten better too. Would be very nice to have true, complete, dangerous TE rather than the 30 year string of guys who can really only do one or the other.

I said last off-season the No. 1 thing that would improve our team is the arrival of a stud running, catching, athletic TE in the Kelce mold.

We may have found one, and he was already on the team!

Knox keeps improving all the time.

12 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Outside Allen he is the only guy on offense w elite physical tools

I'll say Diggs has them too. Even though it is not outright speed, the way he can jitter and shift and change direction so quickly is elite. He is one of the best route runners in the league and his deceptive eyes, body movement and footwork are elite.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

I'll say Diggs has them too. Even though it is not outright speed, the way he can jitter and shift and change direction so quickly is elite. He is one of the best route runners in the league and his deceptive eyes, body movement and footwork are elite.

Agree. I consider him an elite athlete in his position. I also think he’s quite possibly the best route runner in the game. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Andy1 said:

n. I know a lot of fans have doubted his ability to develop in previous years. Several experts preached patience with him and it appears they were right. 

After last season, I will admit that I was running out of patience and didn't think he would turn the corner. I am glad I was wrong. Even if he doesn't improve further (doubtful) and  keeps up this performance , we will finally have a reliable TE weapon which we haven't had in a long long time

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.