Harris Football: Top 5 SB Contenders right now

Big Blitz

5. Baltimore 

4. Packers

3. Rams

2. Bucs

1. Bills 

He thinks the Bills have adjusted to the new 2 high safety fad the quickest.  Many here might be shocked to hear that.   

Says the Bills did figure out what to do vs the 2 high safeties vs Jacksonville.  Just made stupid mistakes late in the game.  

Breaks down strengths and weaknesses of each and shocker - our lack of run game is only issue.  

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

5. Baltimore 

4. Packers

3. Rams

2. Bucs

1. Bills 

He thinks the Bills have adjusted to the new 2 high safety fad the quickest.  Many here might be shocked to hear that.   

Says the Bills did figure out what to do vs the 2 high safeties vs Jacksonville.  Just made stupid mistakes late in the game.  

Breaks down strengths and weaknesses of each and shocker - our lack of run game is only issue.  

The OL in general. Not just the run game.  Pass protection has been terrible in recent weeks

54 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

Maybe my eyes are deceiving me? Bills seem to be getting a HUGE benefit of the doubt by NFL prognosticators around the league. I guess with the Bills it's ALL about Josh, and the defense? Maybe NOT a solid offensive line is overrated? I have my doubts. I hope they end up being right!    

I think this tells you that every team has issues but the Bills might be the most complete team with the fewest chinks in the armor so to speak in the eyes of many...

Edited by Big Turk

21 minutes ago, Bruce Smith said:

TN not on that list is nuts.  They now have a 2.5 game lead on the #1 seed.  Ravens have three AFC losses.  TN has one. 

Agreed that is crazy. Tennessee is arguably the best team in football right now, and certainly the best in the AFC at the moment

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Agreed that is crazy. Tennessee is arguably the best team in football right now, and certainly the best in the AFC at the moment

I think we're moving Baltimore way down now and Tennessee is in that top 5 - assuming Henry comes back.  

Edited by Big Blitz

42 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I think we're moving Baltimore way down now and Tennessee is in that top 5 - assuming Henry comes back.  

Time will tell whether the Titans can maintain their level of play, because I don't believe Henry will return this year.

That said, they've looked very good lately and have an extremely favorable schedule . It seems like the drop off from losing Henry so far has been mitigated by the strong improvement of their defense. 

It's pretty hilarious that a lot of fans have just given up on the team, but everyone in the national media is giving the Bills a pass for a horrible loss.

Everything is backwards. We used to have to get the national media to take our WINS seriously.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

It's pretty hilarious that a lot of fans have just given up on the team, but everyone in the national media is giving the Bills a pass for a horrible loss.

Everything is backwards. We used to have to get the national media to take our WINS seriously.

The OL has to show me some heart Sunday. Brown should help. Our defense has been money. Figure out the cover 2 shell and take what they give us. If we can turn things around it will be us and Tenn. in the AFCC game. And probably Rams and Brady on the other side. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ross Murdock said:

Maybe my eyes are deceiving me? Bills seem to be getting a HUGE benefit of the doubt by NFL prognosticators around the league. I guess with the Bills it's ALL about Josh, and the defense? Maybe NOT a solid offensive line is overrated? I have my doubts. I hope they end up being right!    

The national media being higher on the Bills's long term outlook than the general sentiment among Bills fans is definitely something new.

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

The national media being higher on the Bills's long term outlook than the general sentiment among Bills fans is definitely something new.

There’s a season for everything under the sun, bro.

A season for Bills fans to be shocked that we’re not getting enough respect.

And, a season for Bills fans to be shocked that we’re getting too much respect.

20 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

There’s a season for everything under the sun, bro.

A season for Bills fans to be shocked that we’re not getting enough respect.

And, a season for Bills fans to be shocked that we’re getting too much respect.

True.  Except for the Jets drafting a franchise QB I suppose.  BTW, I'm either not your brother or my mom has some explaining to do.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

True.  Except for the Jets drafting a franchise QB I suppose.  BTW, I'm either not your brother or my mom has some explaining to do.

Good one on the Jets franchise QB. Make sure to share that in the Jimmy Spags post.

Sorry, it’s just my Cali style vocabulary coming out. 😜

Over the last two decades Bills fans are just so used to the team falling apart at some point in the season. 

We all watched in horror as a 1-6 Jaguars team with the 28th ranked defense just throttled the #1 offense, and held that #1 offense to a lowly two field goals...even the #1 defense couldn't help the offense by scoring. 

That #1 defense might just be championship caliber this season and it all might be wasted because of a now pop-gun offense that can't score a TD against the worst team in the NFL.

We have seen the 2-6 Jets beat both the now 7-2 Tennessee Titans and the now 5-4 Cincinnati Bengals. Yikes!! The Jets were home both wins and now Buffalo needs to go to Met Life and face that Mike White at QB. 

I think the rest of the NFL world just might join some Bills fans in thinking of putting a fork in the 2021 Buffalo Bills if they lose this game. 

BTW, the Jets have a better D line then the Jags and have the 32nd ranked defense. 

The only things worse than losing to the Jets this Sunday would be to lose to the Saints on Turkey day at NO 8:20 PM and the following Monday against New England.  

Was last weeks game the beginning of the end? Everybody gets knocked down at some point...it's what happens after that's what counts.

2 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

Over the last two decades Bills fans are just so used to the team falling apart at some point in the season. 

We all watched in horror as a 1-6 Jaguars team with the 28th ranked defense just throttled the #1 offense, and held that #1 offense to a lowly two field goals...even the #1 defense couldn't help the offense by scoring. 

That #1 defense might just be championship caliber this season and it all might be wasted because of a now pop-gun offense that can't score a TD against the worst team in the NFL.

We have seen the 2-6 Jets beat both the now 7-2 Tennessee Titans and the now 5-4 Cincinnati Bengals. Yikes!! The Jets were home both wins and now Buffalo needs to go to Met Life and face that Mike White at QB. 

I think the rest of the NFL world just might join some Bills fans in thinking of putting a fork in the 2021 Buffalo Bills if they lose this game. 

BTW, the Jets have a better D line then the Jags and have the 32nd ranked defense. 

The only things worse than losing to the Jets this Sunday would be to lose to the Saints on Turkey day at NO 8:20 PM and the following Monday against New England.  

Was last weeks game the beginning of the end? Everybody gets knocked down at some point...it's what happens after that's what counts.

You are being a little too dramatic.

I guess Baltimore loss is the beginning of the end.  First it was struggling against the Lions winning on a record breaking FG, destroyed by the Bengals who have played terribly the last two weeks and now losing to the Dolphins.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Ross Murdock said:

Our D and ST are playing phenomenal!

If the O can get some consistency going , we'll be the powerhouse of the NFL. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, buffblue said:

Time will tell whether the Titans can maintain their level of play, because I don't believe Henry will return this year.

That said, they've looked very good lately and have an extremely favorable schedule . It seems like the drop off from losing Henry so far has been mitigated by the strong improvement of their defense. 

Whenever I write off the Titans, they just keep winning. I originally said they were a one year wonder, then I said they’re done when Henry went down. I’ll never post anything negative about the Titans again, although I don’t understand how they do it, they always find a way. 

Top 5 SB Favorites At This Point (imo):

5. Arizona Cardinals - Kyler has taken a step forward and they have weapons on offense. The lack of Playoff experience is a drawback. 

4. Buffalo Bills - Losses happen. We're still one of the best teams in the league. The OL needs to be healthy if we want to win it all. Heck, the team overall needs to be predominantly healthy. 

3. Green Bay Packers - Aaron Rodgers is gonna Aaron Rodgers when on the field. He's tough to beat and the defense is slightly better this year. 

2. LA Rams - They have, arguably, the most talent of any team in the NFL. McVay and many of the players have SB experience already. If OBJ comes in and meshes with that Offense then they are definitely making a run. 

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - This is basically the same team that won the SB last year and Tom Brady is still their QB. Until they lose in the Playoffs then they are the favorite. 

Notes: No, I don't see Tennessee as a serious threat without Derrick Henry. I don't see Baltimore as Top 5 at the moment because I think we have shown a blueprint for beating them with our defensive scheme. Kansas City still has a chance to turn it around, but something just looks off with their entire team this year. Raiders, too much of a circus surrounding the team this year. Pittsburgh, the defense is outstanding, but Ben will be a detriment again by season's end. Dallas, yeah nah. New England is better than we want to give them credit for because of the defense, but Mac Jones is still a rookie and their WR group is weak. LA Chargers, not ready yet. Cincy/Cleveland, nope. The NFC is the toughest conference this year imo and I hope they beat each other to death clawing their way into the SB, whoever makes it there. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Ross Murdock said:

I'm always appalled by how little homework most major media pundits and broadcasters do. ESPN, SI, the NFL site, PFF, the networks... Most of them seem to wing it based on impressions anyone would pick up seeing game highlights and glancing at some obvious stats. The average poster here knows more about the Bills than most of these guys, who confidently predict and proclaim with no idea of what is going on behind the scenes. So I don't take heart in their confidence in the Bills. I'm more encouraged by the betting line; those people are putting their money on the table. 

14 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

5. Baltimore 

4. Packers

3. Rams

2. Bucs

1. Bills 

That is simply nuts.

7 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You are being a little too dramatic.

I guess Baltimore loss is the beginning of the end.  First it was struggling against the Lions winning on a record breaking FG, destroyed by the Bengals who have played terribly the last two weeks and now losing to the Dolphins.

Perhaps...

Then again, they lose to the Jets and the Patriots win over Cleveland...guess which team has the division lead...with a rookie at QB.

18 hours ago, buffblue said:

Henry will be back.  Injury is 6-10 weeks.  Earliest will be Dec 12 which is week 14.  Ten weeks out is week 17, Jan 9th.  He'll be back.  If they get the top seed with him rested watch out.  

On 11/11/2021 at 11:18 PM, Ross Murdock said:

I think a lot of these guys are still trying to milk the "shock" factor of picking the Bills to win anything.

It's still the cool, outside the box pick to an extent, and that's driving a lot of this.

The NFC is filled with teams that would give us huge problems in a playoff game, and there are several AFC teams I don't want to play under any circumstances.

Calling us the #1 SB favorite is borderline nuts.

On 11/12/2021 at 7:09 AM, H2o said:

Top 5 SB Favorites At This Point (imo):

5. Arizona Cardinals - Kyler has taken a step forward and they have weapons on offense. The lack of Playoff experience is a drawback. 

4. Buffalo Bills - Losses happen. We're still one of the best teams in the league. The OL needs to be healthy if we want to win it all. Heck, the team overall needs to be predominantly healthy. 

3. Green Bay Packers - Aaron Rodgers is gonna Aaron Rodgers when on the field. He's tough to beat and the defense is slightly better this year. 

2. LA Rams - They have, arguably, the most talent of any team in the NFL. McVay and many of the players have SB experience already. If OBJ comes in and meshes with that Offense then they are definitely making a run. 

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - This is basically the same team that won the SB last year and Tom Brady is still their QB. Until they lose in the Playoffs then they are the favorite. 

Notes: No, I don't see Tennessee as a serious threat without Derrick Henry. I don't see Baltimore as Top 5 at the moment because I think we have shown a blueprint for beating them with our defensive scheme. Kansas City still has a chance to turn it around, but something just looks off with their entire team this year. Raiders, too much of a circus surrounding the team this year. Pittsburgh, the defense is outstanding, but Ben will be a detriment again by season's end. Dallas, yeah nah. New England is better than we want to give them credit for because of the defense, but Mac Jones is still a rookie and their WR group is weak. LA Chargers, not ready yet. Cincy/Cleveland, nope. The NFC is the toughest conference this year imo and I hope they beat each other to death clawing their way into the SB, whoever makes it there. 

RE: On your Notes:  

A recent write up on TN secondary and why getting Fulton back has to help their run for the top seed sans Henry. They do talk about our CB as well.  

https://www.nfl.com/news/top-10-nfl-ballhawks-in-2021-kevin-byard-trevon-diggs-among-those-making-plays

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.