Diggs #'s way down - Is this an issue

Billsfan1972

11 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Adams #'s catches and yards are up.  Again a stupid comment.  But yep TDs are down, so you got me.  If GB wasn't scoring in the red zone and Adams not targeted it would be an issue.  

Anyone here happy when touches and yards down 25%?  Hope #'s improve as they are down no it's ands or buts.....

Have you noticed how many people argue against your posts all the time?  Why do you think that?

You're the only person on the planet that would be unhappy if Diggs this year has roughly 95 catches, 6 TD's and 1,200 yards receiving.

Somehow you find an issue with that.  

The guy had a record breaking year and you since he's not again keeping that pace after 7 games you find it an issue....your mind is just weird.

13 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

What is your solution?  Force the ball to Diggs?  Double Josh's passing attempts?  As explained to you by multiple people, there are more targets for the ball this year but still only one ball.  The offense has evolved to not have to rely solely on one receiver.

Josh is on pace for the same passing yards he had last season (yes over 16 games not 17).  He is also on pace for 38 passing TDs.  Last season was 37.  The obvious answer is the ball is being more spread around.  

Diggs 25% down in numbers works out to about 25 yards per game.  Its 2 catches per game.  Someone else is getting those 2 catches.  Its that simple.  I don't see this huge problem you are bringing up.

Context is a word that doesn't exist to him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Adams #'s catches and yards are up.  Again a stupid comment.  But yep TDs are down, so you got me.  If GB wasn't scoring in the red zone and Adams not targetted it would be an issue.  

Anyone here happy when touches and yards down 25%?  Hope #'s improve as they are down no it's ands or buts.....

what the hell are you even talking about?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

At least get it right.....  1958 in 2020 after 7 (included a putrid 122 vs. KC).....  So yep they're way behind 2020😜

Your right I messed up my addition next time I will use a calculator ;) 

I think I missed one of the 2x 274 yard games .

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Have you noticed how many people argue against your posts all the time?  Why do you think that?

You're the only person on the planet that would be unhappy if Diggs this year has roughly 95 catches, 6 TD's and 1,200 yards receiving.

Somehow you find an issue with that.  

The guy had a record breaking year and you since he's not again keeping that pace after 7 games you find it an issue....your mind is just weird.

Context is a word that doesn't exist to him.

Again you miss the point.  His production is down considerably.  He is not even in the top 20 in receiving.  

Yes I get it 5-2, passing yards the same and scoring more.  

I stated a fact and you guys are going on and on.  

When production is down 25%, that is significant.  I expect it to change, I hope it does, just was an observation.  Read the thread & take off your rose coloured glasses (and hatred of me aside).....  

Here is my first post....  Anything not factual?????  Did I say anything outside other receivers #'s not down as much?

As I've said the Bills offense just looks a little off.  

Early on many wanted to claim Diggs #'s were down due to Sanders arrival, but that is not the case.

Elite receivers get their touches passes and catches every week & seldom a drop off, but Diggs' #'s are way down.

2020 7.94 catches/game 95.94 yards/gm 7 100 yard games

2021 6 catches/gm 71.87 yards/gm  1 100 yard game.

Kupp, Lamb, Adams & others are all doing well.  Only Hopkins (slightly injured) seems to have seen their #'s down this season.

Want to see Diggs putting up 2020 #'s soon.....

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Vomit 1

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

Again you miss the point.  His production is down considerably.  He is not even in the top 20 in receiving.  

When production is down 25%, that is significant.  I expect it to change, I hope it does, just was an observation.  Read the thread & take off your rose coloured glasses (and hatred of me aside).....  

oh stop with the victim role.  no one hates you.  it's just your thing.  you bring up a simple point that's easily explained, then ignore all reasonable responses and just spit out a useless stat over and over.  you don't want to have a discussion.  you just want to be occupied, which is fine.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And they too focus on Adams, Kupp & others.....  There are 21 receivers ahead of Diggs.....  I'm sure he's happy about that.

His production is down 25%, another thing I'm sure warms his heart.

As long as Diggs is used a number 1 receiver and gets number 1 receiver looks and we win everything will be fine with him.

Diggs friendship with Allen also would go a long way to keeping Diggs happy in Buffalo.

So I as well do not see a problem with Diggs numbers being down especially from how high they were a season ago. 

Winning, Usage, Money, Friendships keeps alot of players happy in the league in my opinion.

27 minutes ago, teef said:

oh stop with the victim role.  no one hates you.  it's just your thing.  you bring up a simple point that's easily explained, then ignore all reasonable responses and just spit out a useless stat over and over.  you don't want to have a discussion.  you just want to be occupied, which is fine.

No you are just incapable of separating the post, the factual #'s I've stated from your dislike for me.  

You haven't refuted or debated a single point.

Get off your high horse.

47 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

No you are just incapable of separating the post, the factual #'s I've stated from your dislike for me.  

You haven't refuted or debated a single point.

Get off your high horse.

Just stop.  You do this every so often when you feel the need for attention.  There’s nothing new about what you’re doing here. You have absolutely no intention of debating anyone.  It’s multiple posters giving you fantastic explanations, and you ignoring them.  That’s it.  That being said…I appreciate the thread.  It’s one of my favorites today. 

• Agree 2

Here is my first post....  Anything not factual?????  Did I say anything outside other receivers #'s not down as much?

Early on many wanted to claim Diggs #'s were down due to Sanders arrival, but that is not the case.

Elite receivers get their touches passes and catches every week & seldom a drop off, but Diggs' #'s are way down.

Kupp, Lamb, Adams & others are all doing well.  Only Hopkins (slightly injured) seems to have seen their #'s down this season.

So the point is he has to have historical year every year?  Are you kidding me?

He needs to be in the 120+ catch range.

You are the biggest cherry picker of stats lol.

Diggs is getting hit a lot less than last year, and I think we all remember how he got into the game with Kansas City, so the fact that he  has fewer catches is beneficial in the long run.

Edited by Gonzonzo

It’s not concerning. He can be force fed to boost his numbers which we may have to do sometime if we have some injuries or weak coverage schemes against him. Josh doesn’t seem to have the same time in the pocket this year which was a huge reason for the monster numbers last year. Sounds to me like someone drafted him early in fantasy football and isn’t happy with the return, outside of that there’s not much to debate here. 

2 hours ago, teef said:

Well, that’s hard to say for sure!  Do you know everyone?  :)

Football is a team game. We have a healthy Sanders (as opposed to to a hobbled Smoke) and Knox (with a break out year), and more recently Beasley benefitting from the attention Diggs gets. I don’t care who gets the stats, as long as the scoreboard has the Bills with more points than the other guys. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Have you ever heard of the strategy of how teams take out the best player on O and force the rest of the players to have to beat them?

• Like (+1) 3

15 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

We are playing with four capable WRs. And with defenses now playing cover 2 vs us all day. Defenses are working really hard to neutralize Josh and Diggs. It’s not a coincidence that the safety blitzed on Diggs TD. They bracket him all day. It’s why its so important for Beasley and Davis to win their matchups. 

And it was very nice to have Beasley step up the way he did against the fish... All things aside, I do like watching him play football.

Edited by Spiderweb

1 hour ago, mattynh said:

It does seem like the offense is off a little.  The bills do lead the lead in points per game though.   I think our standard has risen!

And that is the sad state being a Bills fan now.  The offense is off a little and there are concerns.😜🤣

Boy I miss those offensive explosions of 230 yards passing and 20-17 games.....  NOT!!!!!

So I just wondered aloud if Diggs production being down 25% was a concern......  Foolish me.

Oh and managing only 3 points vs. Miami the first half too.  

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And that is the sad state being a Bills fan now.  The offense is off a little and there is concerns.😜🤣

Boy I miss those offensive explosions of 230 yards passing and 20-17 games.....  NOT!!!!!

So I just wondered aloud if Diggs production being down 25% was a concern......  Foolish me.

This is incredible.

When we mention our ppg is up from last year, means nothing.

When we score 3 against Miami in the first half….

”You see!  My Diggs concerns is real!!”

Talking to you feels like I’m talking to the guy that wanted the Baby Ruth in The Goonies.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This is incredible.

When we mention our ppg is up from last year, means nothing.

When we score 3 against Miami in the first half….

”You see!  My Diggs concerns is real!!”

Talking to you feels like I’m talking to the guy that wanted the Baby Ruth in The Goonies.

And this from the Ringer.......

Yet this team doesn’t feel nearly as intimidating as it did at this time last year. That’s probably due to the fact that the passing game, which has dropped from third in DVOA to 10th year-over-year, hasn’t been as efficient. Sure, the big plays are coming just as frequently—the Bills’ explosive pass rate is holding steady at 10 percent, according to Sharp Football Stats—but we’ve seen a bit of a decline in the short passing game. According to Sports Info Solutions, the Bills led the NFL in success rate on short dropbacks in 2020. This year, they’re down to a league-average 16th.

They blame that on Josh Allen (so maybe it isn't Diggs, it is all Allen's fault, which would be a debate, but is beyond you).  But they say the same thing many here are, that the offense just seems off. 

I asked if Diggs #'s being down 25% is a concern.  The fact Adams is triple covered and that GB's other receivers don't compare to Buffalos, and he is still at the top, is just a terrible comparison according to you & Teef (though he hasn't responded once with any stats or actual comments, just sarcastic, idiotic responses). 

As for the scoring look at our opponents & defensive rankings (yrd/gm).....  Miami 32nd, Houston 30th, KC 29th, Washington 27th, Tenn 22nd & Pitt 11th......   

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/view/defense/table/passing/sort/netYardsPerGame/dir/asc

Talking to you is no different than banging my head against a wall..... I'm out.....

Edited by Billsfan1972

4 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And this from the Ringer.......

Yet this team doesn’t feel nearly as intimidating as it did at this time last year. That’s probably due to the fact that the passing game, which has dropped from third in DVOA to 10th year-over-year, hasn’t been as efficient. Sure, the big plays are coming just as frequently—the Bills’ explosive pass rate is holding steady at 10 percent, according to Sharp Football Stats—but we’ve seen a bit of a decline in the short passing game. According to Sports Info Solutions, the Bills led the NFL in success rate on short dropbacks in 2020. This year, they’re down to a league-average 16th.

They blame that on Josh Allen (so maybe it isn't Diggs, it is all Allen's fault, which would be a debate, but is beyond you).  But they say the same thing many here are, that the offense just seems off. 

I asked if Diggs #'s being down 25% is a concern.  The fact Adams is triple covered and that GB's other receivers don't compare to Buffalos, and he is still at the top, is just a terrible comparison according to you & Teef (though he hasn't responded once with any stats or actual comments, just sarcastic, idiotic responses). 

Talking to you is no different than banging my head against a wall..... I'm out.....

Amazing.

You literally have the DVOA short passing as a more important stat that ppg.

"I don't care if our ppg is up from last year, DVOA says our short passing game has declined and that means more".

11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Amazing.

You literally have the DVOA short passing as a more important stat that ppg.

"I don't care if our ppg is up from last year, DVOA says our short passing game has declined and that means more".

Oh & playing lousy defenses also doesn't come into play......  

Another stat Miami is allowing 407/gm, Bills only had 314 & 351, which is up to 431.7/gm when the Bills games are taken away.  Also before you explain the Bills won 35-0 and 26-11, they scored 30 of the 61 points in the 4th.....

PPG may also have much to do with the Defense and +13 difference in takeaways...... 

But keep going.....   

20 hours ago, The Red King said:

As stated before, teams are blanketing Diggs.  That's freeing up other targets.  That, and our offensive line (which I'm starting to dub "The Turnstyle") isn't allowing enough time for Diggs to break free.

Numbers are just numbers.  Gotta dig deeper to find the reasons.

The more interesting narrative is that despite lower numbers Diggs isn't bringing the drama, as many Vikings fans asserted he would.  He's bought into The Process.

I reiterate all of the above.  Extra emphesis on "Numbers are just numbers.  Gotta dig deeper to find the reasons."

My concern right now is our Red Carpet of an offensive line, not Diggs.

9 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Another stat Miami is allowing 407/gm, Bills only had 314 & 351, which is up to 431.7/gm when the Bills games are taken away.  Also before you explain the Bills won 35-0 and 26-11, they scored 30 of the 61 points in the 4th.....

PPG may also have much to do with the Defense and +13 difference in takeaways...... 

But keep going.....   

I've never seen anyone put 4th quarter scoring as a negative.  Amazing.

I once saw a bear riding a unicycle but I find this more amazing.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I've never seen anyone put 4th quarter scoring as a negative.  Amazing.

I once saw a bear riding a unicycle but I find this more amazing.

you know this is his game.  he'll pick a few random stats and hammer them home, no matter how absurd they are.  i think he just loves the interaction. 

45 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

But keep going.....   

what do you think the problem is, and what's a possible solution?  

1 minute ago, teef said:

you know this is his game.  he'll pick a few random stats and hammer them home, no matter how absurd they are.  i think he just loves the interaction. 

He brought up Davante Adams.  I told him he e had 18 TD's last year and only 3 this year.  But he doesn't count as a decline because he has less receptions this year so far.

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He brought up Davante Adams.  I told him he e had 18 TD's last year and only 3 this year.  But he doesn't count as a decline because he has less receptions this year so far.

if this thread keeps going, you're going to see more nuggets of wisdom.

17 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Diggs had the 6th most receptions in NFL HISTORY.  His decrease is because his number was so high the year before.  

Davante Adams had 18 TD receptions last year.  He currently has 3 which is significantly more than a 25% decrease.

Do you think there's a guy on the Packers forum saying "Adams TD numbers way down...is this an issue?"

I don't.  I don't think there's another person on the planet that thinks like you.

The only other person that thinks like him is Gene1973.

Suspiciously similar names.

But keep going.....   

61-11

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

How stoopid are you?????  Really a serious question.  Is Adams not at the top again this year with a depleted receiving corp around him.  By your logic, his stats should be down 25% too (just like Diggs) because they are putting more emphasis and coverage on him....  Right?????  

I then said about the TD's (and no I did not check), are they not scoring in the red zone (he was injured last week) and Rodgers not targeting him down there, which would be an issue.  Oh & TD's receptions for the most part are random (ups & downs), but catches shouldn't be....

But keep trying.....  Sheesh

7 minutes ago, teef said:

if this thread keeps going, you're going to see more nuggets of wisdom.

Oh and you haven't added a single stat or actual comment to the thread, but just are an instigator.....  Do you actually have a thought or think you're Don Rickles????? 

• Sad 1

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

Oh and you haven't added a single stat or actual comment to the thread, but just are an instigator.....  Do you actually have a thought or think you're Don Rickles????? 

i've asked you more than once why you thought the offense has looked flat, and what you think should be done about it, and more than once you've ignored it.  why?  because you really don't want to have a discussion.  again, you bring up a point, you hear valid reasons, and just continue to hammer home complaints.  so...why do YOU feel that the offense if off to a slower start?  it bothers you, so what's up?  

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And that is the sad state being a Bills fan now.  The offense is off a little and there are concerns.😜🤣

Personally, I am not concerned about it.  I do think Josh has been "off" at times.  For instance the first drive when he missed Diggs on 3rd down....that would have been a big gainer.  They have room to improve all the while leading the league in points scored...first world problems...

16 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

How stoopid are you?????  Really a serious question.  Is Adams not at the top again this year with a depleted receiving corp around him.  By your logic, his stats should be down 25% too (just like Diggs) because they are putting more emphasis and coverage on him....  Right?????  

I then said about the TD's (and no I did not check), are they not scoring in the red zone (he was injured last week) and Rodgers not targeting him down there, which would be an issue.  Oh & TD's receptions for the most part are random (ups & downs), but catches shouldn't be....

But keep trying.....  Sheesh

@Hapless Bills Fan

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.