Are the Bills classless for scoring a TD against the fins with 1:14 to go? Try too take your homer hat off and explain.

BuffaloBill

Are the Bills guilty of running up the score?  

237 members have voted

1. 1. The Miami homers are saying the Bills were classless for scoring a TD with 1:14 left on the clock and then going for 2 (score at the time was 20 - 11 - the fish also had no timeouts) - try to look at this objectively - did the Bills do the right thing? To make this interesting - multiple choice is allowed and your vote is public.

• The Bills had the right strategy for the right reasons (explain in your comments)
    • The Bills should have taken a knee and let the clock run
    • The Bills should have done something else (explain in your comments)
    • The Bills should not have attempted the 2-point conversion - not needed at that point

24 minutes ago, teef said:

nah.  that's not it.  i think it's far more telling that you feel allen flexing after a score is a sign of an, "inferiority complex" while others see it as a sign of fiery competitiveness...something you want out of your quarterback.  it's just you.

Flexing in a blowout.

just seems…beneath the player and franchise.  But that’s what feeling inferior does. 

never liked chest puffers in none chest puffing situations.

Edited by RalphWilson'sNewWar

i just think the offense was struggling first half and lost a close game before the bye. its a rep in a area they been having issues with, redzone. their D was playing you tight and it was a better strategy to have your guys punch it to give THEM more confidence then to worry about the other teams feelings. 

Edited by Buffarukus

You play to win this game and if possible, influence opponent's mindset for the next one. If you can step on the throat of a division opponent, you step on that throat.

Also, the Dolphins need to get over themselves. The game involves 2 teams, it is played to determine a victory, but also to train for future games as this is the only chance you get to practice something with live bullets flying. Our offense was not clicking for most of the game, we needed to run plays and give the Oline time to work together. If the Dolphins don't like it, they should stop the play, like they did with the 2 pt conversion.

Edited by ndirish1978
  • Like (+1) 1

I’m good with the TD.  Bills needed the rep.   It has been a problem.   Stranger things have happened with that much time left as well. 

I would have skipped the 2 point try.   No value.  If it was practice it did not seem like the best environmental conditions.  Bills and Dolphins not in the same mindset if the game was on the line. 

21 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Flexing in a blowout.

just seems…beneath the player and franchise.  But that’s what feeling inferior does. 

yeah.  i'm sure a guy who just plowed through other huge men to score a td in an nfl game feels super inferior.  you came off as petty.  just own it.

out of curiosity, do you feel all td celebrations are a sign of inferiority, or just when josh allen does it?  after all, flexing is a typical td celebration of his.

Edited by teef

The TD was fine.  As a bunch of other people have noted, the Bills couldn't run the clock out without getting a first down.  They ran the ball, and Miami's defense couldn't stop them.  That's on Miami, not us.

I'm indifferent about the 2 point attempt.  At least that gave Miami a chance to keep a couple of points off the board -- not sure why that should be considered running it up but taking the PAT isn't.

Maybe the Dolphins should worry more about their terrible scouting and preposterous wastes of draft picks instead.

23 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Flexing in a blowout.

to interject mr ralph I would say this game was only at the end a blowout...until then the team was in a battle with no offense in sight. To see them succeed and come back was danged high energy stuff.,to me Josh Allen wants to be warrior QB he's fiery and we a lot of the fanbase eat it up like lobster and steak..its about freakin time we have waited for this scenario to come about and it HAS....a little chest puffing? Oh yes and evn more if they keep winning.

Im sorry, carry on....GO BILLS!~!~!~!!!

5 hours ago, Greg S said:

No problem with any of it. It was 20-11 at the time. The game was realistically over with a minute left and no timeouts for the Fins. Getting the TD just confirmed it. Besides stranger things have happened. Remember the Bills - Cowboys game on MNF years ago. It looked like the Bills were going to win and the Cowboys scored a couple of times in the final minutes to pull out the win. Painful memory on that one.

That one hurt because I had indeed gotten by popcorn ready as previously instructed

No team is taking a knee there and handing the ball back to the other team when the clock doesn't run out.  No Player is going to just slide and not score with a wide open end zone in front of him.

As for the two point conversion...  I see a case either way.  I don't find it classless and even if it was IDGAF.  Classless is Cox giving fans the finger. Classless is Cox spitting at Bills fans after being ejected from the game.  Thats classless.  Going for a two point conversion is practice for a team that struggles in the red zone.  

Practice for a situation they may need down the road.  How many games did the Bills have to recover an onside kick last year.  How many games have the Bills failed in the final seconds (one just last week.). Go up 3 scores instead of 2.  Classless my ass.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Muppy said:

to interject mr ralph I would say this game was only at the end a blowout...until then the team was in a battle with no offense in sight. To see them succeed and come back was danged high energy stuff.,to me Josh Allen wants to be warrior QB he's fiery and we a lot of the fanbase eat it up like lobster and steak..its about freakin time we have waited for this scenario to come about and it HAS....a little chest puffing? Oh yes and evn more if they keep winning.

Im sorry, carry on....GO BILLS!~!~!~!!!

yeah I get that.

years of being the doormat and now the Prime Team in the league has a lot of fans releasing decades of pent up emotions.

and JA17 is the perfect conduit because he feeds and plays to the fan base in just that way.

actually…they all do…which someone in the PR Department needs to be commended for that establishing and maintaining that agenda.

Personally Muppy…I just respond better to players and coaches who are authentic both on and off the field.  Be consistent.

you wNt to flex in a blow out or run up the score fine…but the contradiction of being the “humble” team just is a little too much BS for my meter.

Appreciate the friendly response.  😊 

• Thank you (+1) 1

You simply do not give up possession of the ball with time on the clock with a two-score lead.  

Look at Hyde at the end of the first half.  He knew the situation, so he kept the ball alive to see if there was a way to score.  If the Bills had scored on that play it would have been amazing.   Point is, scores happen is surprising and unusual ways.

Now, if there had been a practical way for Allen to get the first down and then give himself up, he should have done that.  Then, they could have taken knees and ended the game.  But it was too close; you certainly don't want to give yourself up and then have the ref rule that you were short of the line to gain.  So, Josh didn't have much choice.  

Going for two was a bit much, but the logic was right.  Getting the two point conversion makes it a three-score game and it's over.  Plus, I think McDermott's competitive emotions may have gotten the best of him - Dolphins went for two, so I think he wanted a little payback. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, teef said:

yeah.  i'm sure a guy who just plowed through other huge men to score a td in an nfl game feels super inferior.  you came off as petty.  just own it.

out of curiosity, do you feel all td celebrations are a sign of inferiority, or just when josh allen does it?  after all, flexing is a typical td celebration of his.

Oh no I’m pretty fair.

I eye roll and grab the vomit bag when a defender sacks a QB and does his celebration despite his team being down by 25 in the 4th or any other player.

• Agree 1

Statement made, you played us tough, now go F yourself.   We need that killer attitude and I’m glad they showed they had some.  The 2 pt conversion was one I would not have taken, just because of injury risk, but end of the day, you play to win and stupid ***** happens in every game, so don’t leave the score to chance.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.