Are the Bills classless for scoring a TD against the fins with 1:14 to go? Try too take your homer hat off and explain.

BuffaloBill

Are the Bills guilty of running up the score?  

237 members have voted

1. 1. The Miami homers are saying the Bills were classless for scoring a TD with 1:14 left on the clock and then going for 2 (score at the time was 20 - 11 - the fish also had no timeouts) - try to look at this objectively - did the Bills do the right thing? To make this interesting - multiple choice is allowed and your vote is public.

• The Bills had the right strategy for the right reasons (explain in your comments)
    • The Bills should have taken a knee and let the clock run
    • The Bills should have done something else (explain in your comments)
    • The Bills should not have attempted the 2-point conversion - not needed at that point

No.  They were running the ball and Josh walked it in.  Going for 2 makes sense based upon the point differential. 

Now, if we were up by 3 scores or something, sure.  But the Dolphins have recovered multiple onside kicks against us.  Play to win and don't stop until it's 100% over.

Also, now Josh is tied for most rushing TD's in his first 50 games 🙂

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

When you can run the clock out and win you do so.  The Bills clearly could not have done either of those things in that situation easily.  What were they supposed to do, get down to the half yard line and try and get the first down? 

Common sense isn't so common these days apparently.

You changed the story........

3 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

I know this is being discussed in the thread about the Miami board. I’ve given you a poll here with the opportunity to explain your election. The Bills in my opinion absolutely played this correctly including the two point conversion. If they convert the 2 then the game is a three score ordeal.

While the probability of the fins scoring twice in 1:14 with 0 timeouts is low it is possible. The Miami argument is the Bills could have run time off the clock and left the Fins deep on the field with no time outs. All well and good, but then the fins are only two crazy and lucky plays away from winning. They break one for a long TD and kick the EP. the score is then 20 -18. If they get an insides kick - they probably only need one play to get into FG range. Kick the FG and the Bills lose.

This.  The Bills were ahead by 9 points before the TD, thanks to the Dolphins successful 2 point conversion.

The Fins had already shown the willingness and ability to throw a 40 yd pass on 4th and 6.  The officiating was awful in that game.  Broken coverage (or uncalled holding or hands to the face) that allows a TD on kickoff after the score, an onside kick, and a FG and we lose.

If anything, it's more a sign of respect, saying "you're dangerous enough that we feel the need to put a stake in your heart here"

I'm not thrilled with the 2 point conversion.  The only thing I can think is they wanted to practice a play, but it put Allen's body at risk for what?  That's where I would have said kneel it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

It was a QB sweep. It wasn’t like they drew up some sort of trick play to embarrass them. They ran the ball three times. Don’t want the bills to score, stop the run. They had no real problem doing that during the rest of the game.

Two point conversion was to move the percentages of losing closer to 0.0%.

The wave goodbye, don’t mess with our QBs legs when he’s on the ground. 

1 minute ago, mattynh said:

You changed the story........

Not really.  Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows that if you can ultimately end the game, you do it.  If you can't do that, then you score points.  Pretty simple, not sure why I should even have to explain this.

• Eyeroll 1

Classless is a HS team winning 104-0  and going for a two point conversion.

Inglewood HS in CA.

For the Bills to score and go for two is the right thing to do in the NFL.  Had

the shoe been on the other foot, Miami would have gone for two also.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't follow this, walk me through it?

If they kicked the XP, would have led by 16, making it a 2 score game still.  Getting the 2 point conversion would have made it a 3 score game.  Regardless of how improbable them scoring 2 TDs with 2 point conversions would have been in the time left, why not try and make it a 3 score game rather than a 2 score game?

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Points show up in the tie breaker formula so I don’t have any problem with them scoring. 
    HOWEVER, Josh picked the O up, put it on his shoulders ( with some help from Beas) and carried the O. It was STUPID to put him at unnecessary risk for one extra point. 
   If it was a pass, then i could honor the “ Live fire practice “ excuse but it wasn’t and it was a stupid play.

Sometimes the coache’s job is to protect players from themselves.

12 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

If they kicked the XP, would have led by 16, making it a 2 score game still.  Getting the 2 point conversion would have made it a 3 score game.  Regardless of how improbable them scoring 2 TDs with 2 point conversions would have been in the time left, why not try and make it a 3 score game rather than a 2 score game?

Got It.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Points show up in the tie breaker formula so I don’t have any problem with them scoring. 
    HOWEVER, Josh picked the O up, put it on his shoulders ( with some help from Beas) and carried the O. It was STUPID to put him at unnecessary risk for one extra point. 
   If it was a pass, then i could honor the “ Live fire practice “ excuse but it wasn’t and it was a stupid play.

Sometimes the coache’s job is to protect players from themselves.

Agree here

a couple of points here

IF you're whining about someone running up the score, then the first group responsible for that is your own damn team. Don't want them scoring? Stop them. 

Bills had a 2 possession lead. Go get the 3 possession lead.  TD, onside kick, TD isn't exactly unheard of. 

• Like (+1) 1

Is this thread for real?  Are these children on the field or grown a** men literally playing a game for a living?  

Come on, this is absurd.  Don’t like it, play better.  That simple.  And we couldn't end the game on kneel downs either.  Had to score or get a first to unofficially end the game.

And end of the day, it was a safe play that puts the game away and score impacts tie breakers.  No lane, Josh just goes down and keeps the clock running.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Is it classless?  I won’t go that far.

is it eye rolling ? Absolutely.

Especially JA17 “flexing” after the score.  I mean…how big is your inferiority complex?!

but that has been a staple for this team for a few years now.

no different than 2020 when Allen and Bills were dialing up Deep passing routes and keeping starters in in blowouts in 3rd/4th quarter games.

Also the reason Diggs and Beasley were injured for AFC Championship game.

so i expect them to continue to do it.  Fulfilling whatever psychological need or whatever they are lacking.

just hopefully it doesn’t burn them like it did in 2020.

why do you always look for the most negative slant towards the bills possible?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.