Are the Bills classless for scoring a TD against the fins with 1:14 to go? Try too take your homer hat off and explain.

BuffaloBill

Are the Bills guilty of running up the score?  

237 members have voted

1. 1. The Miami homers are saying the Bills were classless for scoring a TD with 1:14 left on the clock and then going for 2 (score at the time was 20 - 11 - the fish also had no timeouts) - try to look at this objectively - did the Bills do the right thing? To make this interesting - multiple choice is allowed and your vote is public.

• The Bills had the right strategy for the right reasons (explain in your comments)
    • The Bills should have taken a knee and let the clock run
    • The Bills should have done something else (explain in your comments)
    • The Bills should not have attempted the 2-point conversion - not needed at that point

It's really so simple. It was third down with 1:16 remaining, and Bills up by 9. No team in the NFL takes a knee at that moment. You go for an easy passing play, and throw the ball away if nothing is there. If you don't score, you kick a field goal to make it a two TD game, and the Dolphins get the ball back with very little time left on the clock. At that point, the Dolphins go for the whole Hail Mary, then onside kick thing.

But, it didn't work out that way. On third down, the Dolphins gave Allen an easy run in for a TD. The two point conversion would have made it a three-score game, and it's over. Smart football.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

The situational awareness was 100% spot on. Puts you up 3 scores, not 2. That was the right call to make there 

yeah i guess you are correct. My thinking is it is almost impossible to make 3 two point conversions in a row which would have been needed by Fins in this game.

Edited by cba fan
  • Like (+1) 1

I have lived through too many heart attack game endings where teams against us rack up a touchdown against prevent coverage and holding our breath as they try an onside kick. 

Kicking a field goal still leaves that sliver of a chance of a Dolphins comeback. Taking a knee still leaves time on the clock. 

That's a hallmark of good teams: you put your boot on their throat when you can and you force them to stop you.

• Like (+1) 1

f the Dolphins,  and their whiny b@tch fans,   they can cry all they want,  game was still close at the point Josh ran it in.   what theyre the most upset about is Josh jawing after the failed 2pt conversion.  reason why he was jawing?  Dolphins player was twisting his legs on purpose in the pile,  trying to hurt him.   f them.   sore LOSERS!!!!.    

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

I know this is being discussed in the thread about the Miami board. I’ve given you a poll here with the opportunity to explain your election. The Bills in my opinion absolutely played this correctly including the two point conversion. If they convert the 2 then the game is a three score ordeal.

While the probability of the fins scoring twice in 1:14 with 0 timeouts is low it is possible. The Miami argument is the Bills could have run time off the clock and left the Fins deep on the field with no time outs. All well and good, but then the fins are only two crazy and lucky plays away from winning. They break one for a long TD and kick the EP. the score is then 20 -18. If they get an insides kick - they probably only need one play to get into FG range. Kick the FG and the Bills lose.

Have you seen Venom 2? Spoiler alert for anyone who hasn’t. 

At the end of the movie, Cletus Kassidy is defeated and has a somber moment with Eddie Brock.

Cletus tells Eddie he was just looking for a friend, for acceptance in which Eddie replies that he’s sorry.

Then Venom takes over and proclaims “F*%# THIS GUY” and bites his head off.

Miami is Cletus,

McDermott is Eddie,

Allen is Venom.

Hope this helps.

13 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I definitely think McDermott doesn't respect or like Flores.  I don't think it was classless but I don't think McDermott does that against a Ron Rivera, Jim Harbaugh, Andy Reid, Mike Tomlin etc...

Can't disagree with this when you factor in the score last year in week 17 and they were still throwing passes when up by over 30 points or so.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.