Are the Bills classless for scoring a TD against the fins with 1:14 to go? Try too take your homer hat off and explain.

BuffaloBill

Are the Bills guilty of running up the score?  

237 members have voted

1. 1. The Miami homers are saying the Bills were classless for scoring a TD with 1:14 left on the clock and then going for 2 (score at the time was 20 - 11 - the fish also had no timeouts) - try to look at this objectively - did the Bills do the right thing? To make this interesting - multiple choice is allowed and your vote is public.

• The Bills had the right strategy for the right reasons (explain in your comments)
    • The Bills should have taken a knee and let the clock run
    • The Bills should have done something else (explain in your comments)
    • The Bills should not have attempted the 2-point conversion - not needed at that point

38 minutes ago, LewPort71 said:

Classless is a HS team winning 104-0  and going for a two point conversion.

Inglewood HS in CA.

For the Bills to score and go for two is the right thing to do in the NFL.  Had

the shoe been on the other foot, Miami would have gone for two also.

2 point plays are not THAT common in the NFL. If the game is decided (No way as our D going to allow the fish to score not to mention twice..) but the Bills ran it to see if it would work. It didnt. oh well it was neither here nor there..some risk points reward

putting allen at risk yeah Im not a fan of that so I get that. That #17 didnt get a taunting call there was "gracious" of the referee

jmo

Edited by Muppy

50 minutes ago, london_bills said:

I didn't understand the 2 point conversion, thought Mcdermott would be asked about it in the presser. 

They were up by 15. IF they kick the extra point, they go up by 16 and potentially two scores. If they get the two point conversion, it's 3 scores, and virtually impossible to lose. 

57 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't follow this, walk me through it?

Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, we scored on a QB Bootleg and Josh ran it in.  We weren't in our normal offense and we were running clock.  We weren't in a situation to just take a knee.  It wasn't a pass, they weren't in kneel down mode, and it was a 9 point game.  Not egregious from what I thought.  Could they have run up the middle and kicked a FG?  Yes, but what's the difference between up 9 and up 12 when you are going to give the ball back regardless?

I didn’t have an issue with it, Flores went for two to get them within 6 instead of 7 which I found gutsy and weird. 
Put the final dagger in. We lost on a Hail Mary last year, weird stuff happens at end of games. Every down of football in a game counts, every situation is an important practice rep 

• Like (+1) 2

Meh… I wouldn’t call it running up the score only because the Bills were so close to the endzone.  The same happened when the Ravens played Denver this year.  They ran a play close to the endzone for a TD and when they couldn’t taken a knee and kicked.  It’s not the most egregious call. 

17 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Only the negative stuff triggers me to speak up about.

I don’t really comment on much stuff that is positive because it’s all good and there are enough folks who do that already.

nah.  that's not it.  i think it's far more telling that you feel allen flexing after a score is a sign of an, "inferiority complex" while others see it as a sign of fiery competitiveness...something you want out of your quarterback.  it's just you.

1 minute ago, teef said:

nah.  that's not it.  i think it's far more telling that you feel allen flexing after a score is a sign of an, "inferiority complex" while others see it as a sign of fiery competitiveness...something you want out of your quarterback.  it's just you.

I think it’s telling that he considers a play wherein Allen scored and celebrated an example of ‘negative stuff’

First of all on the touchdown, everyone knew we were running a play and not kneeling so if they can't stop us they can't stop us. As for the 2 point conversion, if you get it there's literally no chance a team can get 3 scores in a minute with no timeouts. If you kick the extra point there's an absolutely minuscule chance that a team could get 2 TDs in a minute with no timeouts. We were just trying to win the game.

Not sure why they went for the 2 point conversion, but I have no problem with going for another TD because even if they kneeled they wouldn't have been able to run the clock and would have had to kick a FG or go for it on 4th down anyway.

Also how many times in the past have the Pats when done this with Brady? Not just against the Bills but any team they played and were blowing out.

Bottom line you play to win and this was not classless IMO.

The TD was totally fine, and there is no arguing it. We couldn’t kill the clock by taking a knee, so we had to make a play. We ran a play that anyone could have seen coming a mile away. Miami gave up the score- that’s on them.

the 2 point conversion I could see an argument for. I’m fine because going up by 17 means a 3 score game and nearly impossible to lose. 

nearly.

let me take you (unfortunately) back to the first game of 2009- Bills stomping the pats, TB12 coming back from injury. 1:16 to go. 

Brady gets 2 TDs and wins 25-24.

Now I’m not saying Tua is Brady or anything like that, but we muffed a punt return to give them ideal field position to steal that win. Isaiah already had a bad return…

The lesson here is this: don’t give them any chances to steal the win. I’m fine with the TD and Conversion attempt- god knows we need the practice lol

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.