Are the Bills classless for scoring a TD against the fins with 1:14 to go? Try too take your homer hat off and explain.

BuffaloBill

Are the Bills guilty of running up the score?  

237 members have voted

1. 1. The Miami homers are saying the Bills were classless for scoring a TD with 1:14 left on the clock and then going for 2 (score at the time was 20 - 11 - the fish also had no timeouts) - try to look at this objectively - did the Bills do the right thing? To make this interesting - multiple choice is allowed and your vote is public.

• The Bills had the right strategy for the right reasons (explain in your comments)
    • The Bills should have taken a knee and let the clock run
    • The Bills should have done something else (explain in your comments)
    • The Bills should not have attempted the 2-point conversion - not needed at that point

I know this is being discussed in the thread about the Miami board. I’ve given you a poll here with the opportunity to explain your election. The Bills in my opinion absolutely played this correctly including the two point conversion. If they convert the 2 then the game is a three score ordeal.

While the probability of the fins scoring twice in 1:14 with 0 timeouts is low it is possible. The Miami argument is the Bills could have run time off the clock and left the Fins deep on the field with no time outs. All well and good, but then the fins are only two crazy and lucky plays away from winning. They break one for a long TD and kick the EP. the score is then 20 -18. If they get an insides kick - they probably only need one play to get into FG range. Kick the FG and the Bills lose.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

I kinda side eyed my wife and was like...hmm. The 2 pointer really made me double hmm. Than again, pour some salt on that wound. It's the fins. *****'em.

The two pointer was ridiculous.  I thought boy the media is going to roast McD on that and they should.

The only rationale for it was the Bills have been so lame in the red zone that it was used a "practice".

• Eyeroll 1

No problem with any of it. It was 20-11 at the time. The game was realistically over with a minute left and no timeouts for the Fins. Getting the TD just confirmed it. Besides stranger things have happened. Remember the Bills - Cowboys game on MNF years ago. It looked like the Bills were going to win and the Cowboys scored a couple of times in the final minutes to pull out the win. Painful memory on that one.

• Like (+1) 2

This is big boy sports.  Play to win at every opportunity.  Since we couldn’t just run off the clock a play was needed and you play to score.  

not scoring when given the opportunity is more insulting.   

I have no problem with the two point attempt other than we are not good at them so we need the practice. 

• Like (+1) 3

Remember the 70’s!

Remember Shula and his Competition Committee!

Remember the fans waving their little white hankies after every Dolphins score!

***** them all then and ***** them all now!:pirate:

Edited by Rico
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.