Are the Bills classless for scoring a TD against the fins with 1:14 to go? Try too take your homer hat off and explain.

BuffaloBill

Are the Bills guilty of running up the score?  

237 members have voted

1. 1. The Miami homers are saying the Bills were classless for scoring a TD with 1:14 left on the clock and then going for 2 (score at the time was 20 - 11 - the fish also had no timeouts) - try to look at this objectively - did the Bills do the right thing? To make this interesting - multiple choice is allowed and your vote is public.

• The Bills had the right strategy for the right reasons (explain in your comments)
    • The Bills should have taken a knee and let the clock run
    • The Bills should have done something else (explain in your comments)
    • The Bills should not have attempted the 2-point conversion - not needed at that point

6 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

The two pointer was ridiculous.  I thought boy the media is going to roast McD on that and they should.

The only rationale for it was the Bills have been so lame in the red zone that it was used a "practice".

Yeah my worry was too...you saw Josh get mad at the guy who was kind of twisting up on him at the end of that play. Well, he can't get potentially hurt if we kick the XP. And 15 vs 14 at that point...come on.

• Like (+1) 2

From a team standpoint, the two point conversion was practice. Real game-time experience is invaluable. The TD was slamming the door in the Phin's face. There is no use in giving them the ball back at any point, and even if it was a two score game, don't give them the impetus to go all hail mary and then the onside kick, and all that nonsense. Just slam the door.

It's the offense's job to score points. It's the defenses job to stop them. Period. The Bills are a high-character team. We all know that-- that is the way McD/Beane have built the culture. If the Dolphins' feelings are hurt, then they are not of high character.

Meh, we were on the receiving end of similar or worse plenty of times during the drought years. The Seahawks game where they ran a fake punt up by like three or four scores comes to mind.

As a fan you’re angry at the time, but really the team you’re angry at is your own for being too pathetic to stop it. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Good teams put a team down. There are no "class" points in the NFL, it's about W's and L's. 1% chance you can come back and win? OK then I am putting my boot on your throat until it's 0%. 

Yep.  It's a man's sport.  Anybody here who played competitive sports at any level beyond youth soccer knows this.  

And in any case, it's not like they were out there taking shots at the EZ.  The Phins turned the ball over at the 11, clock wasn't going to hit 0:00 on that drive unless the Bills got a 1st down inside of the 1...what do you expect the Bills to do on 4th down with time left on the clock?  Just knee it and politely give the Phins the ball back? No, you're OK with a field goal there but not a little QB rollout on 3rd down? ***** that.

Edited by LeviF

How is this even a question?  We ran the ball on 3rd down, only up 9, with more than a minute left on the clock.  It was a pretty conservative call.  It wasn't as if we pulled some BS trick play or something.  And I've witnessed enough nightmare endings to know that a 9 point lead isn't 100% safe in that situation.

Also, Dolphins fans should be glad we lengthened the score.  Might help them get Flores canned a little quicker.  

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

The two pointer was ridiculous.  I thought boy the media is going to roast McD on that and they should.

The only rationale for it was the Bills have been so lame in the red zone that it was used a "practice".

yeah they need reps in the red zone and 2 pointers... I am good with it.  The day will come when the reps will come in handy

It is easy to me - the drive before at 20-11 were the Dolphins just downing the ball or were they trying to score.  They were trying to score - leading to the pick.  

If the Bills don’t score and kick a FG to go up 20-11 - do the Dolphins kneel or do they go out and try to score?  As long as they are still trying to score to get back into the game - you have to try and score to put it away.

Once they got the TD to go up 26-11 - the logical play is go for 2 - there is no real difference between 15 and 16 points - both are 2 scores.  The only difference is a 2 pt play moves it to 17 points and makes it 3 scores.  It is logical to go for 2 there once you score.

If the Dolphins didn’t want that potentially to happen - they could of just kneeled the series before and let the game play out.

Now if it had played out like the NE/NYJ game the week before - that was running up the score - the Bills were still in football range.

• Agree 2

I'm shocked anyone's saying classless. I don't care how much times left, if you're within 2 scores, you do what you can to make it atleast 3. Nobody wants to be the answer to that trivia question, plus tie breakers. 

Even without that we had a rough loss last week, and a rough start to this game... you gotta chance to get the offenses juices flowing you gotta let them eat

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

There was too much clock to take a knee.  We would have given the ball back to the Fish with time to score the two TD's they would have needed.  To paraphrase Roger Dorn, "Lets cut through the crap, Josh.  I only got one thing to say to you.  CHOKE THESE MOTHER ***** OUT!"  And about the 2 pt. conversion, we wouldn't have needed it if that B word Flores hadn't gone for the 2 points himself.

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 2

Getting the TD was the right call.  That put us up 26-11 so 15 points.  Then going for 2 was smart because if by some miracle the Fish had scored two TDs (let's say a kickoff runback, then recover an onside with a Hail Mary) , the 2 point conversion would not have allowed them to tie.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.