Which realistic trade options should the Bills target?

JohnNord

Very good write up from NYUP’s Ryan Talbot.  He shares some potential trade targets for the Bills:

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2021/10/nfl-trade-deadline-2021-miles-sanders-andrew-norwell-among-10-buffalo-bills-trade-targets.html?fbclid=IwAR2GnjaeX7mcz0IBjinmNlMOrse9sPeEPmeGxDlUF2vmwXwvBofrgDHCTLU

Most fans don’t want hear this but I feel there is a very small chance they’ll trade for a player on the defensive line or at running back.  

While you certainly can make an argument that they need a better pash rusher, I think that the Bills are confident in what they already have at DL.

I also think that the issues in the running game is more related to poor line play than actual talent at RB.  

That leaves three areas where I think they could make a move - OL, TE, and CB.

Evan Engram is a name that has come up a few times in reports.  However if you believe the reports the Bills don’t feel the injury will be too serious, then does it make sense to bring in another receiving TE like Edwards who’s not know for his blocking to take snaps away from Knox?  In my opinion, I think Hayden Hurst might be a more realistic target.  

I think Guard play is a major weakness on the team and I would love it if the Bills traded for Andrew Norwell.  Again, not so sure how realistic this would be. 

Finally I would welcome the addition of a CB like Kyle Fuller.  I think the Bills are always looking to upgrade the secondary.  

agree the article provides some interesting and relevant roster upgrades; so in addition to parting with draft capital and fitting a serviceable vet under a tight salary cap, the Bills also would have to cut or trade an active roster player, such as...Harrison Phillips ?  

here is another move pending - Marquez Stevenson is still on IR, minor foot injury since early Sept  ? do they stash him all season, or only activate if a WR goes down ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Honestly, I have been good with our RB's this whole time...however, I think Miles Sanders would flourish here.  I wont be upset if we didn't as I do like our RB's, but Miles Sanders is the most wasted talent in the NFL IMO.  Its mind boggling why they dont use him more.  I would be excited to add him to this roster, say send Devin and a pick or something.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I didn't have time to read the article just yet but IMO the Bills, if they are going to spend resources, should be spending them on the O line.  I am fine with the defense.  There aren't too many teams that are going to do what Tennessee did to them in the second half.  I also think they will have a better plan next time around.  

On the flip side, I think a lot of Josh problems this year, not that there are many, is the O line is utter garbage.  Josh makes it look better than it is but he is obviously feeling the heat and it leads to maybe some misses.  A better O line also gets that 4th and 1 and our run game going.  Sure, our RBs aren't the greatest but there are no names all around the league that do a good job because their line is good.  Our RBs are not as bad as they look IMO.

I don't think Beane is going to make any moves though.

Edited by Scott7975

I would love to plug Norwell in at LG and let Feliciano be the backup c and g. Try and trade Ford or Boettger (preferably Ford) for late rd picks.  

I really wanted an upgrade @ CB2 but can’t see us trading for a CB.  Levi and Dane have been fine so far (although Levi was taking some bad angles in the Titans game). Cam and Neal have shown they can play.  

The better the OL, the better the QB, RB and WR.  Get Feliciano out of there.  He (along with dawkins) were embarrassed on the 4th and 1 fail

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 3

I'm not sure a trade is in the cards for the Bills, but for my money the biggest weakness on this team is Interior OL.

Ford stinks and has been sent to the bench

Daryl Williams is the only G who's at least avg. & he was just moved there, which tells you more about the lack of good Gs on this roster

Feliciano is below avg, or at best replacement level

Ike Boettger is not very good.

So we have 1 avg starter, 1 below avg starter, and 2 bad backups.....Bills would be in a huge bind if Daryl Williams got nicked up.

If Beane were to look to upgrade the roster I'd hope it'd be for a above avg to good G, especially one that excels as a pass blocker, which is obviously much more important to the Bills

Edited by Estro
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Not sure the Bills make any moves absent of injuries. I think Guard is a place where I would like to see some help but good Oline play is not usually available and I don’t see any low cost quality players being made available on the market. Also D Williams is playing well there and Mongo is a starting caliber player there so you need to have a quality acquisition to make an impact.

CB 2 is mentioned but I think Levi is turning in his best season so any acquisitions there would be purely for depth in my opinion and I am not sure the organization views there being a need for depth there.

So in the end I think barring a long term injury I think the Bills roll with what they have. I just don’t see the market and needs of the team lining up.

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Honestly, I have been good with our RB's this whole time...however, I think Miles Sanders would flourish here.  I wont be upset if we didn't as I do like our RB's, but Miles Sanders is the most wasted talent in the NFL IMO.  Its mind boggling why they dont use him more.  I would be excited to add him to this roster, say send Devin and a pick or something.  

Took the words out of my mouth.

Nick Sirianni is an idiot.

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.