10/10/21 Gameday SNF Bills @ Chiefs Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I thought the Oliver was also called by rule, but I didn’t feel they were egregious.

Unreal athletic play.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-video-rulebook/roughing-the-passer/

I disagree. The only part of the rule that could apply is below knee. But Ed was blocked into the QB so it's not a penalty.

I need to see it again but IIRC Ed was also held on the play. But I could be wrong it's way past my bedtime. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Big Blitz said:

I mean, seriously, that is huge. No blitzing, yet plenty of pressure. That’s a recipe for success, especially against an offense like this. Kudos to this defensive line. And all of this without Milano…

• Like (+1) 2

The Afterglow:

1.  OH...MY... GOD.... does this feel so damn good..  DAMN GOOD.

2. Nicky Wrong..  How's your night going?  See you tomorrow on the air.

3. Game ball goes to the entire Defense.  They harassed Mahommes all night.  

4. D-KNOX D-KNOX D-KNOX

5. That was an absolute dismantling of the Chiefs on SNF

6. The game plan for Kelce and Hill was BRILLIANT

7.  Josh Allen..  That throw to Sanders was jaw dropping.

8.  The Eddie Oliver roughing the passer penalty on the 4th down incompletion could have been a game changing play. 

9.  Allens stats are crazy

10.  Ladies and Gentlemen, there has been a changing of the guard in the AFC.

11.  Damn you Texans, you had the Patriots..  You had them

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 6

29 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

Great win

once the DL was able to contain Mahomes we controlled the game. He was never comfortable when he couldn't scape the pocket. 

There was a play, think it was a failed 4th down try where Poyer tipped it? Addison I think had a path to mahomes and instead just maintained his leverage to not let him escape to the side. Some with other end (Hughes?) 

End result, Mahomes had 8 seconds in the pocket. Yet, Buffalo’s zone shell held, mahomes tried to force it, turnover on downs.

That is some kind of defensive scheming.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, major said:

Question: did Tampa bay give a blueprint to the league how to stop the chiefs? 

i actually don’t think this game looked like the Tampa SB. In the SB, TB just harassed and pressured Mahomes. And they only could do that because the entire KC o-line was injured.

Tonight, we got Steady pressure on him, but he had time— our coverage was just really great, as was our run D. 

26 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

i think our guys were serious about wanting a win.

i feel bad for anyone that sustains a knee injury though

Nothing dirty there. The kid cut it back into pursuit and his cleats got stuck in the turf with guys landing on top.

Shame, but that happens from time to time on the field.

2 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

I said in the pre game thread i was feeling the Bills D was gonna make a statement tonight, they had to be sick of hearing that 2 shutouts meant nothing. i may have to change my screen name to Nostradamus 😀

didn’t you love the NBC Halloween graphic animation about these awful offenses the Bills throttled, but NOW they’re up against big scary KC who will BOOOry them…. Meanwhile score is like 31-13 and Chiefs are on another lifeline thrown by the zebras who were their offensive MVP

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, major said:

Question: did Tampa bay give a blueprint to the league how to stop the chiefs? 

I think they gave the rest of the league an idea on how to stop mahomes.  As long as you have the athletic players to execute the game plan.

I also think KC’s offense has regressed and most importantly, their defense has bottomed out.  Statistically their D may not rank last on the league, but their play is darn close!

Just now, davefan66 said:

I also think KC’s offense has regressed and most importantly, their defense has bottomed out.  Statistically their D may not rank last on the league, but their play is darn close!

I think KC is fully aware of how ***** their defense is and it’s forcing Mahomes and the offense to feel like they need to score every drive. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.