Predict the Score of Texans at Bills, and what you think will happen in the game

Bills 34

Texans 12

Texans play tough for a quarter or two but can’t punch it in. They settle for field goals.

JA dominates this game. He has over 300 yards again and four total TDs as well as another throw or two where we just marvel at the pass. He plays so well that he further puts his early-season struggles in the rear view window.

Edited by BillsFan619

• machine gun kelly changed the title to Predict the Score of Texans at Bills, and what you think will happen in the game

Bills  27

Hou  13

I think the Bills use this as an almost preseason type game on offense. They won’t want to show anything for the upcoming KC and Tenn games. I think it’ll be a vanilla offense. Lots of running. Not quite the rout some are expecting. 

"Josh Allen played with the poise of a well-seasoned quarterback, hustling to give Buffalo an early lead in his first NFL road start.

Then, the Bills turned their defense loose on Kirk Cousins and delivered a stunningly lopsided victory over the Minnesota Vikings.

Allen accounted for three touchdowns, making Cousins look like the raw rookie as the Bills beat the Vikings 27-6 on Sunday as 16 1/2-point underdogs."

We all remember this game, so there's no way I'll get cocky and predict an easy win. You just never know, especially with a young, relatively unknown QB who doesn't have much film on him yet. Plus everyone telling the Texans they have no chance must act as motivation.

The key is to break their spirit early and make them believe they have no chance.

As always I am picking against us. Texans 23 Bills 20 

On 10/1/2021 at 5:00 AM, BigBuff423 said:

I was talking with a friend and originally I believed this would be a blow-out win for the Bills, but history tells me to be cautious...so, given KC and Tenn. on the horizon and the fact that I'm still holding my "Bills Trauma" for 20 years, I'll predict this to be a closer game than I first believed.

Bills 27

Texans 20

Josh runs for a TD, throws for a TD and Singletary gets about 77 yards rushing with a TD; Moss has about 140 yards of total offense, but is kept out of the Endzone for game planning reasons. Josh throws an INT, Defense gets 3 sacks, one forced fumble and recovery and holds Texans ground game in check but Davis gets Cooks a TD and their TE a TD with the two field goals coming within the 30 for the Texans - a bend but don't break mentality in the 3rd quarter leads to the two field goals, one TD in the early 2nd quarter and one TD in the 4th quarter. It takes Bills' Defense to buckle down and hold the Texans, Bills get ball with ~3:00 minutes left and clock it out....weather plays a role, and I think Josh and some of the young players are still learning how to focus on the only game that matters: the one they're playing, but gut it out and win. 

I disagree here. The Bills will blowout the Texans. The offense wants to be hitting on all cylinders before the next game. The Texans are the perfect team for that. Their defense should offer little credible stopping power. I look for a huge game from Allen and Diggs.

The Texans are horrible on offense with their Tyrod QB injury. The Bills defense is playing at a high level. I see plenty of sack and picks. A pick 6  isn't put of the question.

Bills 38 Texans 13

The Bills will win, but I don't think it will be the blowout that most expect.

Houston won in week 1 against Jacksonville and stayed in the game against Cleveland. They couldn't get much going on offense against the Panthers, but they had a rookie qb making his first start. Mills didn't show a great command of the offense, but he didn't look rattled and got the ball out very quickly. He looked great on a hurry-up drive that resulted in a TD against Carolina and I would expect more no-huddle from him today. They have a stable of running backs at their disposal and if they can get the run game going, they can shorten the game and keep Allen off the field. 

Final Prediction:

Bills: 23

Texans: 17

Houston will play a respectable game, but the Bills' offensive talent will be too much for them to handle

• Haha (+1) 1

On 10/1/2021 at 8:53 AM, LeGOATski said:

Bills - 34

Texans - 10

I think Josh has another big day. He and Daboll have made some necessary adjustments since the first game and are back on track. Diggs will probably be the biggest beneficiary this time. Last year's #1 WR is due for a big game.

On defense, I envision a couple more INTs and a fumble recovery. I'm guessing the two Tres (White and Edmunds) each come up with a turnover. Davis Mills is a rookie and a little naive to their presence, so he'll send some ducks their way. I bet Cooks makes some plays, but it won't matter, since the Bills will be up big early.

This is looking good so far....

18 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Josh scored 33.   Close enough?  🤷‍♂️ 

I had the Bills up 42-0 by the half  and winning 52-0 with True Biscuit mopping up for a full half ;) 

Well he almost got a full quarter ;) 

Edited by JMF2006
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 10/1/2021 at 11:18 AM, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

There is absolutely no excuse for the Davis Mills-led Texans to score any points outside of gifted field position, special teams mishaps, or defensive scores.

The player is starting his 13th game since high school. A shutout should be expected. I'll say we gift them a field goal somehow.

HOU 3

BUF 41

So close.  Almost did gift them a FG on Josh's first pass, but they went for it on 4th down like FOOLS.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/1/2021 at 11:18 AM, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

There is absolutely no excuse for the Davis Mills-led Texans to score any points outside of gifted field position, special teams mishaps, or defensive scores.

The player is starting his 13th game since high school. A shutout should be expected. I'll say we gift them a field goal somehow.

HOU 3

BUF 41

I think we have a winner. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/1/2021 at 8:18 AM, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

HOU 3

BUF 41

I cannot imagine a more accurate prediction has EVER been made and if the stupid Texans coach had kicked the field goal Josh gifted him with that early interception…there you pretty much have it. We’ll done! Glad I agreed with Giuseppe. 😉

• Like (+1) 1