Around the league Week 1

YoloinOhio

I'm really hoping Miami holds on to win here. Between a Miami win and Bills loss maybe we'll get a nice spread next week, and I can bet my house on the bills. 

I can't believe I just read a poster in another thread suggest the Texans won't be an easy win for the Bills. 

The overreaction to week 1 is out of control.

1 minute ago, evek said:

Mac Jones is solid. Good under pressure. Doesn't make terrible decisions. Hits all of the throws you'd expect a QB to make. He's Alex Smith at worst. He definitely isn't Darnold or Tua.

I agree - but right now, he's looking more in the game manager mode.  He's not a threat downfield, at least yet.

BB, typically, is not putting him in any risky positions.

Just now, The Jokeman said:

True, I'd like to see New England win so if we beat the Dolphins next week their further back in the standings.

I just want to watch MIA once AGAIN try to play man coverage against us thinking 3rd time is the charm. 

With the Pats loss, today is a good day.

It's going to be our division, at least this year.  Kind of a Murphy's Law day for the Bills.

Not worried about Miami. A teensy bit worried about Mac - if you just judge on today, they got the best QB in the draft. But, of course, these things aren't determined for years.

• Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Success said:

With the Pats loss, today is a good day.

It's going to be our division, at least this year.  Kind of a Murphy's Law day for the Bills.

Not worried about Miami. A teensy bit worried about Mac - if you just judge on today, they got the best QB in the draft. But, of course, these things aren't determined for years.

NE gained 393 yards against the Miami D with a rookie QB.  Bodes well for next week.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

NE gained 393 yards against the Miami D with a rookie QB.  Bodes well for next week.

And Tua looked about the same.  He's just too limited a player to be taken seriously at QB.

I don't think the game in Miami will be easy at all, but we should have good bounce back day.

20 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Though even after our debacle today. There isn’t anything I have seen from MIA, NE or Jets that tell me won’t win this division 

Jones looked good and he passed for 285 yards against a very good Miami D  (101 passer rating) and Harris, who lost the game with 2 fumbles, ran for over 100 yards. I agree it’s the Bills division, but both these teams D can get after the Bills and beat them.

8 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

They also ran for over a 100 yards with Harris.. so IMO the Bills can’t be one demential next week otherwise could be a real dangerous game for you all.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Jones looked good and he passed for 285 yards against a very good Miami D  (101 passer rating) and Harris, who lost the game with 2 fumbles, ran for over 100 yards. I agree it’s the Bills division, but both these teams D can get after the Bills and beat them.

Not worried until either can show me they can get pressure with 4 and play Zone behind it. 

7 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

They also ran for over a 100 yards with Harris.. so IMO the Bills can’t be one demential next week otherwise could be a real dangerous game for you all.

The Bills have run for an average of 124/game since Flores got there and they don’t even try to run the ball 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

yeah, Daboll will suddenly be a "genius" again according to the media and anyone who hasn't watched him against actually good D's.  

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Drifter said:

Wow' I thought  our blocked punt was bad. 

It was.  Cost us the game if my math is right.  Our  d didn’t even get a chance to try a stop.  At least cleveland could have made a stand.  I think this is the second game during the Mcd era where a blocked punt cost us a game ( wasn’t that during mcds coaching where a guy from née England came totally untouched off the side to block a punt or was it during rex’s last year? ).   Anyhow, no excuse for special team failures like that where a guy came unblocked up the middle due to miscommunication the line.  Ever wonder if all the position switching of o linemen during the preseason could be an issue?  They never settled on final starting line until last preseason game and that can result in communication issues because god lines have spent time together and those missed blocking responsibilities don’t happen with guys used to playing together.  How many dam Lineman did we have in camp at one time , 10 or 11 they kept rotating.   Just a thought.  

Big issues tho imho is  either we can’t run or Daboll refuses to stick with it.   Yes motor got some junk time yards On that late drive when Pitts d was in prevent.   Even then how many times did motor do stupid things,,,eg, not going out of bounds with clock running and he continues to look unsure handling the ball nor is he a  reliable guy catching screens or running after catching the ball.  He fumbled one out of bounds luckily and he is never a sure thing to catch a simple screen or get many yards after a catch.  I am just not a big fan. He is a very average back and early in the game he rarely made any yards after contact or made anyone miss. He is ok thru big holes like that last drive but we can’t depend on him in short yardage and he is too small or lacks vision in the red zone goal line situations.  We should have addressed this during the draft or maybe Moss is in next week.  He is no speed guy but has better hands. Going to be interesting to see hiw he reacts to a healthy scratch.  Something seems to be going on for that to have happened today.  Maybe the staff is not happy with his work ethic or mental preparation but that’s a huge red flag after he tweeted he was totally healthy.  

This looked like the offense that KC easily stopped last year    Wallace continues to be a weak link of our CB’s( again nit addressed)  but where was the pass rush again ?  All the DL on the squad and we had two sacks but nothing where Ben ever looked under pressure like Allen and we can’t create turnovers on this D to save our lives ( maybe someday Edmunds will.catch a ball or make a game changing play ).   It wouldnt shock me if Edmunds isn’t resigned next year.  He is  good, had another ok game , but he certainly is not irreplaceable.   He had a chance to catch a deflected ball again today and again as per usual he dropped it. He has TWO INTS in 3 plus years as a 6’5” mlb who drops into coverage more tha he rushes.  Not our biggest issue, but it is a persistent one and can’t we expect more from our main LB? 

It’s just the first game and like Tony Dungy  said many offensive players who didn’t play much in the preseason looked out of sync and that was the case with our passing game. Will the O line improve, will Daboll ever develop a running game ( both KC and Cleveland run very well in addition to their passing attacks) , will we ever get any consistent pass rush with all our “fresh” d lineman , will we get any production from our TE’s ,( another mistake not protecting Hollister?) , can Daboll ever adjust DURING a game when the d looks to have things figured out and also quit with the “ being cute or I’m going to show how smart I am playcalling ( even dungy laughed saying how ridiculous that.4 th down call was when you habe a 6’5” Qi) ?    I know it’s the first game but how many of you expected us to lose scoring just 16 points, regardless of pitts d as we were told how great the o looked all during camp?  (What happened to touchdown Jesus today as well?).  Arizona, KC, Cleveland ,looked good and the latter too looked good on both sides of the ball and our performance today just didn’t look like we made up much ground on either of those two teams.  Time will tell tho.  It was just a very stinging loss to a team with a whole new offensive line , new OC, rookie rb, after so much talk about how this is our Super Bowl window.  It was just a coaching disappointment, and failed to show growth from last years disappointing end to the season.  We have tough games in the future and losing this winnable home game against a team with a whole new offense , especially as it resembled our losses to KC last year was hard to believe and won’t help get us an afc championship game in Buffalo.   ( plus my 95 year old mom is a life long Steelers fan ! Lol!). 

I've been talking up Famous Jameis all offseason but that GB/NO is the shocker of the week. Who saw that coming? Between the eye surgery and how much his team rallied behind him I'm not surprised Jameis lit it up but I definitely didn't expect that Green Bay dud. Davante Adams might seriously be the most overrated offensive player in the league. There's no way he's the best receiver in the NFL, I think Hopkins proved that again today.

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 1