Congrats Troy Polamalu

3 minutes ago, Jumpsuit Jim said:

He knew everything before it happened. 

Maybe he should have told Lincoln to skip the play that night…..

Ohhh, never mind….

I’m sure he loves a good hair day more than most of us! 

• Haha (+1) 2

I should like him more than I do but living close to “Stiller” country has soured me on any player that has ever come through that franchise. 

a truly intolerable, entitled, self righteous base of fans. Literally act as though the franchise and they, as fans, are gracing the NFL with their presence. Insufferable. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5

18 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I should like him more than I do but living close to “Stiller” country has soured me on any player that has ever come through that franchise. 

a truly intolerable, entitled, self righteous base of fans. Literally act as though the franchise and they, as fans, are gracing the NFL with their presence. Insufferable. 

Some of the best football fans I've ever encountered were Steeler fans. Went there to watch Bills game several times, always had a blast with the fans. 

Of course, some fans of every team are idiots. Yes, even Bills fans. Some fans just take things too seriously.

I've also had really good experiences at away games with Raider fans. They are funny.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Some of the best football fans I've ever encountered were Steeler fans. Went there to watch Bills game several times, always had a blast with the fans. 

Of course, some fans of every team are idiots. Yes, even Bills fans. Some fans just take things too seriously.

I've also had really good experiences at away games with Raider fans. They are funny.

And some of the best fans I’ve encountered were steeler fans as well. Have had good convos with pats fans as well…. That doesn’t mean the masses aren’t, in general, a** holes. 

I’ve been to Lambeau, Lucas oil, Heinz, and Jacksonville. Had a good experiences at all of them. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

My favorite Steeler.

Watching him run side line to side line was electric.   And a very humble guy....  The Bills will be super if we have such a player on defense....Edmunds...please rise to the occassion

• Agree 1

***** the Steelers and their fair weather fan base. I can’t wait till Ben retires and they are in QB hell for the next decade. All their players can suck it, asides from Kordell Stewart. He was cool. 

Otherwise, I hope the Browns run that division for the next decade (even though the media, Baker, and jimmy haslam are making that team insufferable). Their fans deserve it. 

The amazing thing is that no matter how good Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu were, you could never really say that one of them was better.  The two of them were possibly the two best safeties ever to play.  They had different skills, and Polamalu was probably flashier, but on balance I still can't pick one or the other as the best.  I don't know which of them won more SBs, and I don't think that should be a significant metric anyway since it's a team game. I don't know which of them had more tackles, and that's not terribly definitive either since the team's defensive concept could affect who gets more tackles.  

I just feel lucky to have been a fan when those two were playing.  And I also feel lucky that as the Bills ascend, they don't have to face either of those guys.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

***** the Steelers and their fair weather fan base. I can’t wait till Ben retires and they are in QB hell for the next decade. All their players can suck it, asides from Kordell Stewart. He was cool. 

Otherwise, I hope the Browns run that division for the next decade (even though the media, Baker, and jimmy haslam are making that team insufferable). Their fans deserve it. 

i'm with you man. the funny thing is they've been spoiled for so long that they are all in denial. half of them have already talked themselves into haskins developing. they legitimately dont believe there team is gonna be down for any extended period of time. its definitely some sort of mental defense mechanism. but they'd all be way better off accepting it.

i own and operate a fitness facility here in NW PA. i have 300+ active members so i get a good stream of football fans in daily and have a lot of fun talks. i would say 95% of the talks i've had with the "stiller" fans over the last 3 months have been me just laughing at them while they try to convince me that they'll be just fine after losing their gold jacket qb. i've tried explaining numerous times how they dont just grow on trees and that it can be a lonnnnnngggg wait in the NFL middle class. but most of it is them just referencing a history of excellence and how there is just no other way...... i cant friggin wait for ben to retire.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

I heard he forgot to use Head and Shoulders shampoo and had dandruff...

15 hours ago, Utah John said:

The amazing thing is that no matter how good Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu were, you could never really say that one of them was better.  The two of them were possibly the two best safeties ever to play.  They had different skills, and Polamalu was probably flashier, but on balance I still can't pick one or the other as the best.  I don't know which of them won more SBs, and I don't think that should be a significant metric anyway since it's a team game. I don't know which of them had more tackles, and that's not terribly definitive either since the team's defensive concept could affect who gets more tackles.  

I just feel lucky to have been a fan when those two were playing.  And I also feel lucky that as the Bills ascend, they don't have to face either of those guys.

Reed had double the INTs Polamalu did(64 to 32) and has a slightly higher Career AV score of 127 to Polamalu's 115 so I will go with Reed but they were both great players.

13 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Reed had double the INTs Polamalu did(64 to 32) and has a slightly higher Career AV score of 127 to Polamalu's 115 so I will go with Reed but they were both great players.

What Polamalu did was generate  game-changing plays.....it was not always interceptions!

On 8/8/2021 at 11:28 PM, Big Turk said:

Reed was ridiculous, you’re right. For me it’s either Reed or Polamalu as the best safety of my time. I feel like Sean Taylor would have been considered a HOFer, if not an All-Time great had he not of been murdered.

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Oddly enough, that's only the 2nd weirdest thing I looked up online today 😅 

Me too! Well, looking up dado blades anyway. Was nowhere near the weirdest thing I looked up today. 🤪

21 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I make an occasional piece of furniture, and I always referred to a Dado blade, as a 'Meat Tenderizer'. It is one of those tools, that demands your strict attention, and respect. 🙂

No kidding. One of the Google "Questions" that pops up when you do a search is something like "are dado blades illegal".  So obviously I had to delve a bit further. A regular table saw is far too dangerous an item for me to be around on a regular basis. I'll pass on the dado, dado.

• Like (+1) 1