Afghanistan

2 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

So dude, the Canadian army was there right up until yesterday, under the overall guidance of a few US Generals who obviously were not capable and could even predict the government would fall in a week, without a shot.

Of course.   The army always needs pot washers. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

So dude, the Canadian army was there right up until yesterday, under the overall guidance of a few US Generals who obviously were not capable and could even predict the government would fall in a week, without a shot.

Lighten up Niagara. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Of course.   The army always needs pot washers. 

Pot growers...😁

But seriously..this was a 2 trillion dollar boondoggle. Get rich reward for a bunch of ex military guys and contractors.

This is not trump, Biden, this is totally inept military leadership.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Pot growers...😁

But seriously..this was a 2 trillion dollar boondoggle. Get rich reward for a bunch of ex military guys and contractors.

This is not trump, Biden, this is totally inept military leadership.

Pot growers??  😂😂😂

I’ll stick with ours here in California. We actually get sun and warmth. 

I know I post  “WHAT A MESS” all the time.  But what a mess.  Very sad and humiliating what Demented Joe has done to our country.  What he has done is treason and he should be impeached.  For all the veterans we are sorry.  You served there and deserve better than this ***** show.  What a mess.  

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

F’ing ridiculous!!!! As someone who directly supported our warfighters at THE very highest level for over 20 years, this is heartbreaking. 

Putting aside whether we should have been in Iraq or Afghanistan, this withdrawal which Biden authorized is debilitating- can’t even put it into words. 

The truly horrendous part is that he (Biden) was warned.  Leaders within the intel and defense community warned him - but he wanted to hit his date -  9/11. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

4 US Predidents, 2 political parties, 100 military generals, 1000 diplomats, over 20 years spent 2 trillion dollars making military contractors very wealthy, making the taliban one of the best supplied military units in the world, let Russia out of their fight of 20 year, allowed another extremist country exist, 

Then they embarrassed themselves losing and blame the Afghani government for their own failures. BOONDOGGLE. 

The US military has found itself leaderless. Cannot plan a party. 

They need Radar, Hawkeye, BJ and Margaret.

I thought Russia left in 89?

4 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Nope.  If you think Trump released prisoners from an Afghan prison you are even dumber and more brainwashed that I thought.  I didn't think that was possible. 

You're an idiot.

President Trump's Disgraceful Peace Deal with the Taliban

At the same time, the United States will immediately and substantially reinforce the Taliban by seeking the release of 5,000 Taliban prisoners by March 20. Even worse, the United States further agreed to a goal of “releasing all remaining prisoners over the course of the subsequent three months.” It will do this at the same time that it commits to the “goal” of removing sanctions from members of the Taliban that include travel bans, asset freezes, and an arms embargo.

So Jim, instead of grandstanding with your GLOCK, back your crap up with facts.

18 minutes ago, BillStime said:

That whole piece is a load of garbage and we'll start here:

"Yet the agreement released to the public...."

Oh? 

Is Mr. French implying that there is always more the public doesn't know?  

Like, did JFK tell the American people all the details of what led to the end of the Cuban Missile Crisis?  

The Taliban took Kabul on Biden's watch.

The Taliban have been given Afghanistan on Biden's watch. 

We left in the most Disgraceful embarrassing way .........I mean you couldn't have imagined it possible.  

Your blind loyalty to a political party is what is going to destroy this country.  For once, step out of your bubble and criticize your own.  It's healthy and will help save the Republic when they know their voters have principles not just the "correct" letter attached to their name.   

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

That whole piece is a load of garbage and we'll start here:

"Yet the agreement released to the public...."

Oh? 

Is Mr. French implying that there is always more the public doesn't know?  

Like, did JFK tell the American people all the details of what led to the end of the Cuban Missile Crisis?  

The Taliban took Kabul on Biden's watch.

The Taliban have been given Afghanistan on Biden's watch. 

We left in the most Disgraceful embarrassing way .........I mean you couldn't have imagined it possible.  

Your blind loyalty to a political party is what is going to destroy this country.  For once, step out of your bubble and criticize your own.  It's healthy and will help save the Republic when they know their voters have principles not just the "correct" letter attached to their name.   

Your blind loyalty to a political party is what is destroying this country.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The debacle in Afghanistan belongs to Biden. But the previous president is an accomplice to this catastrophe.

Sucks to be a Trumphole... like @Big Blitz@Frat-Train@B-Man@Chef Jim lmao

One in 5,000, that is, if you’re talking about the 5,000 prisoners the Trump administration pressured the Afghanistan government to release last year in furtherance of its sham peace deal with the Taliban.

Almost one year ago...

Prisoners for Peace: Trump Administration Mulls Releasing Taliban Drug Kingpin in Push for Afghan Peace Talks

The Afghan government has already released 4,600 of the 5,000 detainees that were part of the deal. President Ashraf Ghani had balked at setting the remaining group free, some of whom carried out deadly attacks on U.S. and NATO troops, Afghan forces and Afghan civilians. After Khalilzad’s prodding, Ghani finally agreed to their release after securing approval from Afghan tribal leaders on Aug. 9.

The tandem moves demonstrate the Trump Administration’s willingness to unleash potentially dangerous Taliban actors back into the country in order to get the next round of peace talks started and, in turn, deliver enough of a reduction in violence to justify the drawdown to between 4,000 and 5,000 U.S. troops that President Donald Trump announced in a recent AXIOS interview. It would be the smallest contingent of U.S. troops on the ground in Afghanistan since the U.S. invasion following 9/11. If Trump can make it happen before Nov. 3, it could be potentially popular among voters who want American soldiers out of long, messy wars. Trump agreed to a conditional withdrawal of all U.S. troops by May 2021 in the February deal.

Keep dreaming @Big Blitz

image.thumb.jpeg.39dbb07dda00f90450cf6398662c6a00.jpeg

Idiots

WHAT?????

Say what @Chef Jim

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Oh hey - NBC News....must be true.

Those are the people that employ General Brian Williams, that guy that fought so bravely in Iraq when he and his crew were under fire.   

Tell us Bill.......what does Trump and his talks with Afghan leaders from 16 months ago have to do with what Biden could have been 

A. Scrapping

Or 

B. Working to better carry out and plan

Since you know, he's the "foreign policy guy!"

I'll hang up and listen.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Oh hey - NBC News....must be true.

Those are the people that employ General Brian Williams, that guy that fought so bravely in Iraq when he and his crew were under fire.   

blah blah blah... you got nothing; as always.

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

the lack of coordination here is really something else. 1st, Biden told everyone in the late winter we are going to leave A-stan on september 11. Giving the taliban ample time to prepare to take over the city. Then, Biden moves up the date to this past week. You move up dates when you are ready to go. Yet, the administration did NO PLANNING TO GET US CITIZENS AND MILITARY PERSONNEL/EQUIPMENT OUT OF THERE.

Now, the taliban has control of the US weaponry and thousands of US citizens are trapped and surrounded by arguably the world's most infamous terrorist group, without knowing when they will get back to the US. Jen Psaki, that piece of work, couldnt even guarantee that all our citizens would get back by the end of the month.

Biden is just as bad, if not worse than Carter.

I am all for getting the ***** outta Afganistan, but holy ***** dude atleast make sure all US citizens and assets are outta there before you just give up city control.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

13 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

the lack of coordination here is really something else. 1st, Biden told everyone in the late winter we are going to leave A-stan on september 11. Giving the taliban ample time to prepare to take over the city. Then, Biden moves up the date to this past week. You move up dates when you are ready to go. Yet, the administration did NO PLANNING TO GET US CITIZENS AND MILITARY PERSONNEL/EQUIPMENT OUT OF THERE.

Now, the taliban has control of the US weaponry and thousands of US citizens are trapped and surrounded by arguably the world's most infamous terrorist group, without knowing when they will get back to the US. Jen Psaki, that piece of work, couldnt even guarantee that all our citizens would get back by the end of the month.

Biden is just as bad, if not worse than Carter.

I am all for getting the ***** outta Afganistan, but holy ***** dude atleast make sure all US citizens and assets are outta there before you just give up city control.

A1EHx4FHFjL._CLa%7C2140,2000%7CA1FYZE4zW

• Like (+1) 2

22 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The interaction of the tin foil hat and the crazy pills are there to be certain, but I’m positive there is something we are all missing here.

The industrial military complex idea while certainly not an ethical or moral stretch, there is just not enough money (at least officially on the books) imo involved for what has been a protracted policing and half hearted infrastructure propping up exercise to justify this as a means to that end. And the enemy was so low tech it justified little. 

Weve had 13 years since the usgs dubbed the trillions of natural resources in the ground. Other than a couple barreled of oil and some boxite I’m not sure what is coming out. 

The poppy fields might be something but I don’t know how that turns into inflows.  

My brain keeps going back to Donald Rumsfeld’s infamous “seven countries in five years” classified memo. It was the memo produced weeks after 9/11 which General Wesley Clark later described in his memoirs. U.S. military generals were already planning invasions for Iran, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Sudan, and Somalia. Two decades later, six of those regimes are gone and only Iran’s theocracy remains. Iran was always going to be the most difficult to topple. It is by far the biggest one of the seven in terms of population and GDP.

So that’s my best answer to the “something” that we’re missing. I suspect (and fear) that we have big plans for Iran and that this bizarrely mishandled withdrawal from Afghanistan could be related. Last I checked, Biden’s JCPOA renegotiations with them weren’t going well. Apparently countries can lose trust in each other when carefully crafted multilateral deals are unilaterally ripped to shreds on a whim… So assuming we’re not already planning to move our troops back into Afghanistan, be on the lookout for large military movements near Iran and false flags anywhere throughout the greater Middle East.

Or…maybe there is no uber-Machiavellian plot. Maybe Biden and the military generals in Afghanistan are just super incompetent?

22 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I never read your full posts.  Does not fit with my ADD but you mentioned we’ve done a better job of immigration vetting. Questions. Have you seen our southern border lately and no one has (at least I’ve not seen a response) told me where these planes full of Afghani refugees are going.  And how have they been vetted? 

I don’t know where the plane of Afghan refugees is going and I don’t know how many Islamic militants have crossed our southern border. What I do know is that the requirements for legal immigration to the United States are much more stringent now than they were in the pre-9/11 days, and background checks are much more thorough. If you are from a Muslim country, then the United States is by far the most difficult Occident country in which to enter and obtain citizenship.

If you are deeply concerned with terrorist infiltration from the southern border, then one idea might be to call for U.S. troop withdrawals from around the world so that they can be repositioned along the Mexican border.

The neocon mantra of “fighting them over there so we don’t have to fight them here” is simply illogical for numerous reasons. Fundamentally, Islamic terrorism has no imposed cap on manpower or financial resources that could render them diffuse on the international battleground. Terrorist leadership is also perfectly capable of multitasking. In my previous post, I mentioned a couple other big problems: it doesn’t take our allies’ territories into account and it enables all sorts of aggressive actions that open up a Pandora’s box of foreign relations blowback.

The Taliban are sitting on $1 trillion worth of minerals the world desperately needs

Supplies of minerals such as iron, copper and gold are scattered across the country. There are also rare earth minerals and, perhaps most importantly, what could be one of the world's biggest untapped deposits of lithium — an essential but scarce component in rechargeable batteries and other technologies vital to tackling the climate crisis.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/18/business/afghanistan-lithium-rare-earths-mining/index.html

Just now, ALF said:

The Taliban are sitting on $1 trillion worth of minerals the world desperately needs

Supplies of minerals such as iron, copper and gold are scattered across the country. There are also rare earth minerals and, perhaps most importantly, what could be one of the world's biggest untapped deposits of lithium — an essential but scarce component in rechargeable batteries and other technologies vital to tackling the climate crisis.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/18/business/afghanistan-lithium-rare-earths-mining/index.html

So we should be anticipating that we’ll all be driving the newly redesigned Chevy Taliban in the upcoming model year? Sweet! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, ALF said:

And 90% of the worldwide supply of Poppy Opium (Heroin) that was mysteriously allowed to be grown under the watchful eye of US occupation forces..

10 hours ago, Irv said:

I know I post  “WHAT A MESS” all the time.  But what a mess.  Very sad and humiliating what Demented Joe has done to our country.  What he has done is treason and he should be impeached.  For all the veterans we are sorry.  You served there and deserve better than this ***** show.  What a mess.  

Joe, yes, but 3 others as well, trump too.

They equipped taliban terrorists, created rich military contractors and ex generals with tax payers money, enhanced the drug trade, and further hurt the US reputation.

If you served there you should hate the contractors and ex generals who got rich on your life risk. You did nothing for your country or Afghanistan. Not your fault, you did what was asked. The pols bd generals didn't care. Vietnam 2.

16 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Joe, yes, but 3 others as well, trump too.

They equipped taliban terrorists, created rich military contractors and ex generals with tax payers money, enhanced the drug trade, and further hurt the US reputation.

If you served there you should hate the contractors and ex generals who got rich on your life risk. You did nothing for your country or Afghanistan. Not your fault, you did what was asked. The pols bd generals didn't care. Vietnam 2.

Also might want to scrutinize the authors of this 20 year policy and strategy inside the US government.  And look no further than the Neo-Liberal and Neo-Con players inside the State Department, the intelligence agencies, the DOD, and the Pentagon advocating and prosecuting all kinds of wars, nation building, and regime change operations.  Like the war in Afghanistan.  All failures.

These elected but mostly appointed and career bureaucrats inside the government cross the political divide.  They can be Democrats as easily as Republicans.  Liberals or Conservatives.  Their love for war and belief in imposing their ideals on the rest of the world provides a common bond between them.  And they need to be held accountable and eliminated.  But will they?  Doubtful. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BillStime said:

You're an idiot.

President Trump's Disgraceful Peace Deal with the Taliban

So Jim, instead of grandstanding with your GLOCK, back your crap up with facts.

Did Trump release the 5,000 prisoners?  

The bad faith of the Taliban is already evident. There are reports today of renewed fightingbetween the Taliban and Afghan security forces, and the Taliban have reportedly already rejected any talks with the Afghan government until the Afghans release 5,000 Taliban prisoners.

Tool. 

9 hours ago, BillStime said:

Wow struck a nerve child.  😂😃😃

You were wrong to say Trump released 5,000 prisoners.  He did not. 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

So assuming we’re not already planning to move our troops back into Afghanistan, be on the lookout for large military movements near Iran and false flags anywhere throughout the greater Middle East.

Or…maybe there is no uber-Machiavellian plot. Maybe Biden and the military generals in Afghanistan are just super incompetent?

In this case, I’ll take door number 2, Kay. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ALF said:

was the idea that it was more important to squat on the resources in the ground than exhume them? 

The resource story is compelling especially with China being so dominant in that market but little was actually mined in all of those years. 

24 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

was the idea that it was more important to squat on the resources in the ground than exhume them? 

The resource story is compelling especially with China being so dominant in that market but little was actually mined in all of those years. 

I bet China will go there and do the mining, control the lithium battery market .

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, ALF said:

I bet China will go there and do the mining, control the lithium battery market .

Those sand people are not going to bend over for China. As soon as those religious extremists get the inkling that a foreign power is taking their stuff it'll be game on. 

They do not take kindly to foreigners there and the Chinese aren't exactly endearing people 

Tehran wants to conquer and perpetuate Islam. They don't want to help another nation perpetuate their own ways and ideas 

Edited by TSOL

17 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

He did??  Please show us how Trump had and used the authority to release those prisoners.

You're already the laughing stock of the board.  Might as well keep it going.  

https://www.state.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Agreement-For-Bringing-Peace-to-Afghanistan-02.29.20.pdf

“The United States is committed to start immediately to work with all relevant sides on a plan to expeditiously release combat and political prisoners as a confidence building measure with the coordination and approval of all relevant sides. Up to five thousand (5,000) prisoners of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan which is not recognized by the United States as a state and is known as the Taliban and up to one thousand (1,000) prisoners of the other side will be released by March 10, 2020, the first day of intra-Afghan negotiations, which corresponds to Rajab 15, 1441 on the Hijri Lunar calendar and Hoot 20, 1398 on the Hijri Solar calendar. “

Unless we can have unelected officials at State enter into agreements with other nations or other not nations, someone in the Executive branch had to have signed off on this and Trump was the leader of the Executive branch at the time it was agreed. 

Both Trump and the Republican Party have said how great Trump was for getting this deal as well.