Afghanistan

Just now, B-Man said:

E833SlzWQAYNpKt.png

Why don't you just once provide an original thought instead of just posting drivel that you copy and paste?  Biden screwed this up completely, but you think it's a funny thing.  It's not, it's a tragedy.

12 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Why don't you just once provide an original thought instead of just posting drivel that you copy and paste?  Biden screwed this up completely, but you think it's a funny thing.  It's not, it's a tragedy.

Thanks.....................here's an original thought

I have been getting this same post at least weekly, for about ten years.

I think that I will continue to post the same "drivel" that others here will never read on their own.

No I don't think that Afghanistan is funny, that is a false assumption by you, not uncommon here.

Making fun of politicians HAS been done a few times

I'm sorry that you just want the same thing over and over.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ALF said:

That would cause a bloodbath of Americans and Afghans who have to leave. The only option is to bargain with the Taliban to stop checkpoints , let us return to Bagram air base and other airports to evacuate.  Let US man gates to Kabul airport and the others. I gave up on Biden after this disaster.

I'm torn.. if that's true, and the Taliban is telling us that us sending extraction units out would result in a bloodbath, then this agreement is not going to hold.

I do get how that adds a lot of heat to the situation though.  

It's just insane that we have thousands of Americans hiding out in safehouses, hiding from people we've been at war with, and our Government's response is "You're on your own"....  I can't even wrap my head around that. 

• Agree 2

On 8/17/2021 at 9:15 AM, oldmanfan said:

You can’t read.  I have suspected that for a while.  I used to think you deliberately lied about my posts and others, but the truth now seems apparent.  You just can’t read.

So I will repeat, and expand upon earlier comments.  Biden screwed the pooch on this.  The actions taken to abandon Afghanistan without ensuring that Americans in country and Afghans that have supported us over 20 years were evacuated are reprehensible and will stain our country for years to come.  Biden has full and total responsibility for that, and will have to live with the deaths to come over the next days.  Americans should, must, hold him responsible.

But, and yes there is a but, progress in Afghanistan?  Don’t make me laugh.  The last 4 administrations have screwed this up.  Trying to negotiate with the Taliban, trying to prop up puppet governments that never had the will to fight for their own country.  We never did what America should have done; stand up for the values that made us a superpower.  Stand up for the rights of the women and girls in that country.  Stand up for good against evil.  I have said this morning and will say so again; Bush should have done what his father did in Iraq and gone in with overwhelming military force and recruited our allies to do so with us.  The Taliban should have been wiped out then and there, and because he didn’t Obama should have, and because Obama didn’t Trump should have, and because Trump didn’t Biden should have.  Instead Afghans were given the illusion that things were OK.  Women and girls were given the illusion they could be educated and have place in society.  Muslims who did not share in the irrational militant views of the Taliban were given false assurance that they would be safe.  And all that time the Taliban waited, because they knew they would win because we along with the laughable Afghan government did not want to win.

Instead waking up today our country looks feckless and weak.  Biden owns his part in it, the pathetic excuse for a withdrawl.  Previous leaders join Biden in owning their part, thinking you can use diplomacy and limited military to deal with an irrational enemy determined to destroy us.   You don’t negotiate with irrational thugs, you destroy them.  We’ll be back in Afghanistan soon; the Taliban will soon start their genocide and the terrorist groups will start forming again.  God hopes that when that day Biden will act like a Commander in Chief when it does and do the job.  And if not we need a President that will.  And a

country that backs him or her.

This is sad.  

Your response to an observation that you unabashedly, routinely, and predictably go out of your way to defend and rationalize your support of Joe Biden is another “...Biden but but but...” screed?  

I’ll give you this, you’re very consistent in this regard. 

There is not a person even causally aware of the situation in Afghanistan that does not recognize the inherent historical difficulties in shepherding the American intervention in that country.  Based on recent events, it’s even more perilous when the shepherd’s best days are long behind him and 2 days out of five he forgets what the sheep look like. 

Yes, Old Man, everything that pre-dated Biden’s ascension to the height of power happened before he got to the Oval Office.  That’s always the case when a new president takes the helm.  Perhaps you can pen a strongly worded letter to the victims in Afghanistan letting them know that while Biden screwed the pooch, there have been lots of pooch screwers over the years.  It’ll mean the world to them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

56 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Then you stand up and be America.  You tell the Taliban that US forces will be there to execute a peaceful extraction of those people, and if the Taliban take any aggressive action against such you wipe them out.

I cannot believe the weakness of this administration over this.  I cannot believe the weakness of the 3 prior administrations over this.  I cannot believe the weakness of so many on this board who just want to complain about this, who like to preach their false patriotism about America First and all that, but when push comes to shove think that America should cower in the face of its enemies.

Yes, I know I'll be criticized for wanting to put soldiers lives on the line, but we have Americans on the ground in harm's way right now.  Once we get them out, then we are going to have an evil force in Afghanistan who will commit genocide and start allowing terrorists to plot to destroy our country.  We have the best fighting force that has ever been assembled in the world.  When I talk to folks in the military, they want to be given a defined mission, they want to be given the materials necessary to complete the mission, and then want to know they have the support of the people of their country.  They have a job to do.  Let them do it, support them.  Quit waving faux patriotic issues around like kneeling before an anthem and all that crap and get behind our fighting men and women.  

If we stand by and allow Americans to be held now by the Taliban because we say we don't have the capacity to get them out, or allow our allies that have stood with us in that country to be slaughtered, then let's just admit America does not exist anymore.  Because it won't.  

Oh my, are you starting to see what Democrats and liberals have done to our once great country? This is what you get with these liberal losers, they dont care about anybody or anything but themselves and staying in power, they lie lie lie lie lie to get your vote to stay in power. Glad your starting to see them for who they are, they are not good people!

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Big Gun said:

Oh my, are you starting to see what Democrats and liberals have done to our once great country? This is what you get with these liberal losers, they dont care about anybody or anything but themselves and staying in power, they lie lie lie lie lie to get your vote to stay in power. Glad your starting to see them for who they are, they are not good people!

I am Independent.  You stand for weakness, people like you will allow our country to fail.  

53 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This is sad.  

Your response to an observation that you unabashedly, routinely, and predictably go out of your way to defend and rationalize your support of Joe Biden is another “...Biden but but but...” screed?  

I’ll give you this, you’re very consistent in this regard. 

There is not a person even causally aware of the situation in Afghanistan that does not recognize the inherent historical difficulties in shepherding the American intervention in that country.  Based on recent events, it’s even more perilous when the shepherd’s best days are long behind him and 2 days out of five he forgets what the sheep look like. 

Yes, Old Man, everything that pre-dated Biden’s ascension to the height of power happened before he got to the Oval Office.  That’s always the case when a new president takes the helm.  Perhaps you can pen a strongly worded letter to the victims in Afghanistan letting them know that while Biden screwed the pooch, there have been lots of pooch screwers over the years.  It’ll mean the world to them. 

I don't give a damn what you think  Never have, never will.

Biden has to get those people out of the country, and do whatever he has to in order to do so.  if he does not he should have the decency to step aside.  

Edited by oldmanfan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I started a conversation of events covering 35 to 40 years, the trillions spent the failure to build a country, the industrial military complex, death of soldiers, and terrorists winning. For a while people talked about the facts of the last 20 years...BUT ONCE AGAIN IT BECOMES TRUMP BIDEN. I say, screw both of them, they both did noting right. Time to follow the money...who got it at the expense of dead soldiers. Which generals screwed up.

If Trump Biden continues....just end this thread.

We all know Biden was responsible for Vietnam, and trump would have won Korea if they listened to him.🤐

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I am Independent.  You stand for weakness, people like you will allow our country to fail.  

I don''t give a damn what what you think  Never have, never will.

Biden has to get those people out of the country, and do whatever he has to in order to do so.  if he does not he should have the decency to step aside.  

This debacle is so sad and appalling. How do you not transport the people and weapons out first? Now we have to re-invade to get our people out and get shot at by Taliban armed with US weapons? What the *****.

I'm still convinced that ulterior motives drove the invasion and occupation, and that in the long run nation building in that area of the world is doomed to fail. But I literally can't help but weep for the women and little girls of that country who are now under control of such an evil, stone age regime.

7 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

This debacle is so sad and appalling. How do you not transport the people and weapons out first? Now we have to re-invade to get our people out and get shot at by Taliban armed with US weapons? What the *****.

I'm still convinced that ulterior motives drove the invasion and occupation, and that in the long run nation building in that area of the world is doomed to fail. But I literally can't help but weep for the women and little girls of that country who are now under control of such an evil, stone age regime.

I agree.  Why in the hell the evacuations were not done first is absurd at best.  Complete abdication of responsibility.  For further comments I refer you to my post about how we no longer have an America. 

34 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

That’s not surprising.  A true zealot finds comfort in the knowledge that their path is the only righteous way.  

On the other hand, I read your thoughts with keen interest and take from them what I can.  In this case, it’s painfully clear to me that gaudy academic accomplishments aside, some people just cannot get past their own emotional limitations and thus cannot be trusted.    One must always gauge the agenda of the people telling you what’s in your best interest.  In this regard, you’re a poor man’s Anthony Faucci.  

Just do me a favor—when you and the other “independent” 🤣 fringers track me down and load me on the train to the infection zone formerly known as South Dakota, remind me of your emotional anguish over our loss of clarity on what it means to be an American.  

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The British are extracting their citizens, but we can't.... oh, ok... 

Yeh and the big question if the pentagon press conference was..

There are reports of some Afghani army resistance in a few spots! Are you going to support them?

Seriously, 20 Flippin years, failure, tail between your legs and the press still thinks the US military leadership us invincible. Oh yes, the USS Ronald Reagan is there....wow...took it 20 years. Planes over Kabul. Wow?

And army cannot beat ideology. 

Just get the innocents out...the Taliban will give the women burkas, kick females out of school, rape at will and the USS RR will sail away. 

Git er done.

6 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Yeh and the big question if the pentagon press conference was..

There are reports of some Afghani army resistance in a few spots! Are you going to support them?

Seriously, 20 Flippin years, failure, tail between your legs and the press still thinks the US military leadership us invincible. Oh yes, the USS Ronald Reagan is there....wow...took it 20 years. Planes over Kabul. Wow?

And army cannot beat ideology. 

Just get the innocents out...the Taliban will give the women burkas, kick females out of school, rape at will and the USS RR will sail away. 

Git er done.

What a mess biden created!!!

19 minutes ago, Bidens_basement said:

What a mess biden created!!!

Add trump, Obama, Bush, countless Sec of State, Pentagon Chiefs, Generals, and the only ones who get out unscathed is the military contractors.

The women and children of Afghanistan will pay the price.  But Nancy P will investigate 😅😅😅😅, T Carleson will get ratings, but the ideology has one. 

Failure means that a repeat of 9 11 can potentially occur. 

Oh yeah, that is why we were there.   hmmmmm

Heard on the radio. Uf we are leaving all this stiff there, who not booby trap it?

Heard on the radio. Uf we are leaving all this stiff there, who not booby trap it?

57 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Add trump, Obama, Bush, countless Sec of State, Pentagon Chiefs, Generals, and the only ones who get out unscathed is the military contractors.

The women and children of Afghanistan will pay the price.  But Nancy P will investigate 😅😅😅😅, T Carleson will get ratings, but the ideology has one. 

Failure means that a repeat of 9 11 can potentially occur. 

Oh yeah, that is why we were there.   hmmmmm

Did they plan this horrific withdrawal from Afghanistan? No, this is squarely on biden. No one is against the withdrawal, it’s the lack of a plan that infuriated everyone.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Governor said:

Again, withdrawing from there wasn't the issue.  The way they did it is.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

Again, withdrawing from there wasn't the issue.  The way they did it is.

Yup.  The question wasn't "do you support the decision to leave thousands of American citizens and Afghan allies behind to be slaughtered by the Taliban?"

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Yup.  The question wasn't "do you support the decision to leave thousands of American citizens and Afghan allies behind to be slaughtered by the Taliban?"

But did we leave them and did they get slaughtered?

It seems to be in progress and looks pretty successful.

• Vomit 1

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Youre a sad excuse of a person who thinks you everything and will be the first to tell everyone yet you know nothing. 

The second part, Biden does not care one bit about those Americans, his and the Democrat ideology is global population control/depopulation. Learn something dummie! 

1 minute ago, Governor said:

The image of people hanging on to departing aircraft and falling to their deaths isn't good optics for one.  And if I was stuck there I'd be worried as those savages have no incentive to play nice here as Biden's lack of foresight has left the US in a very weak position. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Big Gun said:

Youre a sad excuse of a person who thinks you everything and will be the first to tell everyone yet you know nothing. 

The second part, Biden does not care one bit about those Americans, his and the Democrat ideology is global population control/depopulation. Learn something dummie! 

And you are weak, but act like a tough guy on the Internet to hide it.    Folks like you want to see our country fail.   

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Governor said:

We were going to leave them and they were going to get slaughtered until the outrage became too loud.  Then plans changed.

Why did we leave our airbase outside Kabul?

Why did we have to send troops BACK IN to protect people?

Why are our allies pissed off at us?

Just now, snafu said:

We were going to leave them and they were going to get slaughtered until the outrage became too loud.  Then plans changed.

Why did we leave our airbase outside Kabul?

Why did we have to send troops BACK IN to protect people?

Why are our allies pissed off at us?

Dunno. You should ask the generals, but so far, nothing bad happened and the Taliban seems cool with letting us get everyone out, which makes it an extremely successful withdrawal from a 20 year war.

Just now, Governor said:

Dunno. You should ask the generals, but so far, nothing bad happened and the Taliban seems cool with letting us get everyone out, which makes it an extremely successful withdrawal from a 20 year war.

All of your posts in this thread have been logic pretzels in order to apologize for this administration's screw up.

Just call it like it is and take off your partisan glasses.

1 minute ago, Governor said:

All of that would be true if we all didn’t watch in real time when the morons in charge had to change their story and predictions on a daily basis. This is the definition of a MESS. That doesn’t mean it cannot be salvaged but geez what horrible planning. 

2 minutes ago, Governor said:

We get out.  Then what?  Do you think it's in the Taliban's best interest that we get out?   I assume the guy who wants to rape your girl is going to wait until you leave the house to do it. 

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

All of that would be true if we all didn’t watch in real time when the morons in charge had to change their story and predictions on a daily basis. This is the definition of a MESS. That doesn’t mean it cannot be salvaged but geez what horrible planning. 

But it isn’t over yet. You wanted to end this chapter at the beginning of the withdrawal.