Afghanistan

9 hours ago, BillStime said:

The funny part is - this is the second time you made this comment.

Unlike you and your sheep - I think for my self.

2ewpuz.jpg

Idiots

I think for myself so I’m going to post one of my daily several dozen memes and Twits from other people.  

🤦🏻‍♂️

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BillStime said:

The funny part is - this is the second time you made this comment.

Unlike you and your sheep - I think for my self.

2ewpuz.jpg

Idiots

So if I have this correct you’re saying I get my talking points from CNN because I get my talking points from FOX News? Brilliant! You’re aware you don’t have to defend your super heroes in the DNC on absolutely everything, right? 

I know it's been used as political sport to make assumptions about the president's mental health, but I am getting increasingly concerned here.  After watching that Stephanopolous interview, he is either losing his mental facility or flat out lying.  I can live with the latter because politicians have been doing it all my life, but I am not comfortable with the former.  

3 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

I know it's been used as political sport to make assumptions about the president's mental health, but I am getting increasingly concerned here.  After watching that Stephanopolous interview, he is either losing his mental facility or flat out lying.  I can live with the latter because politicians have been doing it all my life, but I am not comfortable with the former.  

When he couldn't even remember what service his son was in or where he served, it's pretty obvious what the problem is.  And has been, as many having been saying for over a year now.  Choosing someone in their late 70s to lead anything is a bad idea, much less be the leader of the free world.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

When he couldn't even remember what service his son was in or where he served, it's pretty obvious what the problem is.  And has been, as many having been saying for over a year now.  Choosing someone in their late 70s to lead anything is a bad idea, much less be the leader of the free world.

I am curious to hear @oldmanfan's take on this. He seemed pretty sure Biden was still ok last time we discussed.

I'd like to propose a solution to this problem to the President.  I think it will be a quite effective and relatively painless solution.  It doesn't require firing a shot, bombing anybody, or causing any harm to any friend or foe on the ground in Afghanistan.

All I ask is to put me in charge for 1 hour.  That's all I think it will take.  And my suggestion just uses a simple tool called root cause analysis.  So the Taliban are running around now, harassing and beating people, killing some, keeping others from getting out.  All because they insist on following Sharia Law.  

But my root cause analysis says the problem is Pakistan.  They're the people aiding and assisting the Taliban for the 20 year period.  Hiding them, giving them aid and assistance.  Using their intelligence agency, ISI, against US forces on the ground.  And the gall of it all is the US bankrolls the Pakistani military along with lots of civilian and military aid.  All this is well known inside our government, the military, and the intelligence agencies.

So I'd just get the Pakistani PM on the phone and tell him this crap stops in 30 minute or else.

Or else we freeze all military aid

Or else we freeze all civilian aid

Or else we freeze all your financial accounts including yours personally

Or else we block all access to financial trade and reserve settlement transactions

Or else we crash your currency on the markets on Monday

Or else we confiscate all your commercial and government assets at the Federal Reserve and the commercial banking system.

Or else we blockade your ports with our Navy and no ships of any kind get in or out.

We want guarantees of safety for all Americans and other foreign nationals and pledges of no harm or retribution to anyone that might have cooperated with us for the 20 year period.  And we want all our planes, vehicles, and other equipment left behind.  And if we find out any of our terms have been violated your ass his history.  Will this work?  I think so.  All that's missing is the will inside the administration to do this.  Problem solved.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

It’s amusing to watch BlueAnon Democrats on Twitter lose their minds defending Biden. 

Excuse after excuse, while throwing temper tantrums at the journalists who they thought were always on their side.  

29 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

I am curious to hear @oldmanfan's take on this. He seemed pretty sure Biden was still ok last time we discussed.

I’m not sure if he’s willfully stubborn on this issue or simply in denial.  Biden in recent years is the shell of the person he was even 5 years ago.  Much was made of Trump bullying a painfully dithering Biden in the first debate, but that was Biden’s shtick his entire career—a lovable blustering bully who was full of $&**, knew he was, everyone else knew he was and stayed in his lane.   There was a time when he could have mounted a substantial and sustained defense, but that time was long gone. 

Now, he’s out of his lane, he cannot hide behind others to carry the mental torch, he’s been exposed and his capacity to think clearly is diminishing by the hour.    

If I was a betting man, I’d say where his support of Biden is concerned, it’s tough to admit he was wrong.  Pride goeth before the fall. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

Biden told us that Americans aren’t having any issues getting into the airport… except reporting on the ground, first hand witnesses and international journalists all refute that.   

Now, today, the US Govt has issued a warning to American Citizens NOT to travel to the airport at this time. 

Edited by SCBills

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

He was rationalizing.  I'm sure he knows Biden's brain is turning to mush.

I would have thought that, but Doc, unless I’m Bidening badly, he’s chastised other posters for even discussing Biden’s mental capacity while riffing on how it’s all about the normal effects of aging.  Never mind that the normal effects of aging aren’t necessarily resume fillers on any job with high stress and absolute authority, but jeesh—getting upset because people point out the obvious?  

54 minutes ago, Doc said:

So I take it you're against Trump running in 2024?  Great news.  Thank you. 

40 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I'd like to propose a solution to this problem to the President.  I think it will be a quite effective and relatively painless solution.  It doesn't require firing a shot, bombing anybody, or causing any harm to any friend or foe on the ground in Afghanistan.

All I ask is to put me in charge for 1 hour.  That's all I think it will take.  And my suggestion just uses a simple tool called root cause analysis.  So the Taliban are running around now, harassing and beating people, killing some, keeping others from getting out.  All because they insist on following Sharia Law.  

But my root cause analysis says the problem is Pakistan.  They're the people aiding and assisting the Taliban for the 20 year period.  Hiding them, giving them aid and assistance.  Using their intelligence agency, ISI, against US forces on the ground.  And the gall of it all is the US bankrolls the Pakistani military along with lots of civilian and military aid.  All this is well known inside our government, the military, and the intelligence agencies.

So I'd just get the Pakistani PM on the phone and tell him this crap stops in 30 minute or else.

Or else we freeze all military aid

Or else we freeze all civilian aid

Or else we freeze all your financial accounts including yours personally

Or else we block all access to financial trade and reserve settlement transactions

Or else we crash your currency on the markets on Monday

Or else we confiscate all your commercial and government assets at the Federal Reserve and the commercial banking system.

Or else we blockade your ports with our Navy and no ships of any kind get in or out.

We want guarantees of safety for all Americans and other foreign nationals and pledges of no harm or retribution to anyone that might have cooperated with us for the 20 year period.  And we want all our planes, vehicles, and other equipment left behind.  And if we find out any of our terms have been violated your ass his history.  Will this work?  I think so.  All that's missing is the will inside the administration to do this.  Problem solved.

I do wish we could do that. But one item to consider is all military flights that go into Afghanistan fly over Pakistani airspace. So if we cut aid, etc, they probably don’t let us fly over anymore and we have to find another way in. 

19 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

So I take it you're against Trump running in 2024?  Great news.  Thank you. 

Yup.  That should help prevent you from needing to sleep at night with your teddy bear.

6 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

I do wish we could do that. But one item to consider is all military flights that go into Afghanistan fly over Pakistani airspace. So if we cut aid, etc, they probably don’t let us fly over anymore and we have to find another way in. 

You're right.  Its a risk vs. risk game.  But if you're the Pakistani's do you want to take the chance of saying "No"?  And what's the political cost of reeling in the Taliban?  Or losing all that aid and seeing your economy decimated over time?  My goal is to suggest "an offer you can't refuse" that has costs so extreme it might be impossible to turn down.  If they want to negotiate a little so everybody saves face or doesn't get too exposed, then sure we could do that.  

Maybe some of this is going on behinds the scenes here now. I hope so.  But nothings obvious in what information is publicly available right now.  But when push comes to shove if you're the 800 lb. Gorilla in the jungle you can't sit around and let the little critters push you around.

53 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It’s amusing to watch BlueAnon Democrats on Twitter lose their minds defending Biden. 

Excuse after excuse, while throwing temper tantrums at the journalists who they thought were always on their side.  

Thousands and thousands of pages of Trumpholes defending every move that POS took - as he desensitized you on his way to total authoritarian - and you freaks didn't even blink.

Get out of here freakshow.

image.thumb.jpeg.39dbb07dda00f90450cf6398662c6a00.jpeg

Just now, BillStime said:

Thousands and thousands of pages of Trumpholes defending every move that POS took - as he desensitized you on his way to total authoritarian - and you freaks didn't even blink.

Get out of here freakshow.

image.thumb.jpeg.39dbb07dda00f90450cf6398662c6a00.jpeg

What did he do?  Except trigger you and your ilk into making up ***** about him?

1 minute ago, Doc said:

What did he do?  Except trigger you and your ilk into making up ***** about him?

It's always fake news when you don't like what you hear...

TRUMP: 'Remember, what you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

It's always fake news when you don't like what you hear...

TRUMP: 'Remember, what you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening'

LOL!  Yeah, I know you liked hearing about all the conspiracies and phone calls and bounties and insurrections.  How'd those work out for you?  It worked out pretty ***** for the country, considering who we got as POTUS as a result...

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I think for myself so I’m going to post one of my daily several dozen memes and Twits from other people.  

🤦🏻‍♂️

I hold my own Jimmy - that’s why you and your friends keep coming after me…

But those tweets - they get y'all going... lmao

image.thumb.jpeg.07cc53157ab24f71f83bb91f181b76f7.jpeg

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886manr0lhsuu94qem3vh

12 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I hold my own Jimmy - that’s why you and your friends keep coming after me…

But those tweets - they get y'all going... lmao

image.thumb.jpeg.07cc53157ab24f71f83bb91f181b76f7.jpeg

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886manr0lhsuu94qem3vh

Well ain't this a delusional post.  You think we all respond to you because you're somehow winning? :lol: We respond to you because a) you're a tool b) we're pointing out to all how much of a fool you are and c) we're laughing at you.  You do provide some entertainment value that's for sure.  Kind of like the circus clown on the unicycle.  

Carry on Clown. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Well ain't this a delusional post.  You think we all respond to you because you're somehow winning? :lol: We respond to you because a) you're a tool b) we're pointing out to all how much of a fool you are and c) we're laughing at you.  You do provide some entertainment value that's for sure.  Kind of like the circus clown on the unicycle.  

Carry on Clown. 

And you know what’s funny - you never criticize super spammer Bonnie no matter how ridiculous his sources and takes are cuz you are a hack.

Have a nice day Jimmmmmy

And you know what’s funny - you never criticize super spammer Bonnie no matter how ridiculous his sources and takes are cuz you are a hack.

Have a nice day Jimmmmmy

Because I like him.  Just like how you never criticize your buddy Tibs.  It's kinda how it works.  Are you new here?   

Yea, if only Tibs spammed the board like Bonnie... 

If he did?  Then what Billsy? 

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Yea, if only Tibs spammed the board like Bonnie... 

Awwww isn't this cute.  Tibs posts something really stupid and look who gives him and Awesome!  LOL 

image.thumb.png.b12ee3728ff90807f88676e3b7a2c685.png

10 minutes ago, TSOL said:

Evacuating the military before we evacuated the American and allies is one epic all time great strategic mistakes of the ages. 

Our people are over there terrified. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u-s-warns-security-threats-kabul-airport-taliban-leaders-arrive-n1277362

Further demonstrating that politicians (left/right/center) rarely think through how their decisions will affect things going forward. In the near and foreseeable future.  Why almost every one of them would fail in the private sector. 

Edited by Chef Jim

19 hours ago, B-Man said:

Doing what the media won’t: Fact-checking Biden’s address on Afghanistan

I’m relying on the White House release of Resident Joe Biden’s remarks.

Shall we get right to it?

CLAIM: “My national security team and I have been closely monitoring the situation on the ground in Afghanistan and moving quickly to execute the plans we had put in place to respond to every constituency, including — and contingency — including the rapid collapse we’re seeing now.”

REALITY: Biden Scrapped Trump Afghanistan Rescue Plan. “Raheem Kassam revealed on Wednesday that under President Donald Trump, Mike Pompeo’s State Department had ordered the creation of a ‘Contingency and Crisis Response’ office whose job would be avoiding ‘a future Benghazi-style situation for Americans overseas.’ But while Biden lied to ABC’s George Stephanopoulos on Wednesday that ‘We planned for every contingency,’ behind the scenes, Biden’s State Department had already ‘revoked the funding and the approval’ for Trump’s response team, according to Kassam.

I’d also add that had Biden planned for every contingency, things would look several hells of a lot different in Kabul right now.

CLAIM: “Today, the terrorist threat has metastasized well beyond Afghanistan: al Shabaab in Somalia, al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, al-Nusra in Syria, ISIS attempting to create a caliphate in Syria and Iraq and establishing affiliates in multiple countries in Africa and Asia. These threats warrant our attention and our resources.”

REALITY: A token force at Bagram Air Base in no way removes our ability to keep an eye on things in Somalia, Syria, etc. Closing Bagram Air Base greatly harms our ability to keep an eye on things in Afghanistan. Closing Bagram first also drastically reduced our logistical ability to get our people out, which is why Kabul is such a mess. Also, the resulting intelligence loss greatly assisted in the rapidity of the Taliban takeover.

CLAIM: “We’ve developed counterterrorism over-the-horizon capability that will allow us to keep our eyes firmly fixed on any direct threats to the United States in the region and to act quickly and decisively if needed.”

REALITY: Afghanistan is landlocked deep in Central Asia. Without at least a token force at Bagram, our ability to respond quickly to fast-moving threats is much slower, and will often require the presence of an aircraft carrier battlegroup that will be kept too busy to deter China.

CLAIM: “The choice I had to make, as your President, was either to follow through on [Trump’s] agreement or be prepared to go back to fighting the Taliban in the middle of the spring fighting season.”

REALITY: Biden had already broken parts of Trump’s agreement. Regardless, Biden’s quick reversal of virtually every other Trump policy — from canceling border wall construction all the way down to shower head efficiency — puts lie to that claim.

CLAIM: “There was only the cold reality of either following through on the agreement to withdraw our forces or escalating the conflict and sending thousands more American troops back into combat in Afghanistan, lurching into the third decade of conflict.”

REALITY: Biden’s execution of his non-existent plan was so shoddy that he’s had to order 5,000 troops back into Afghanistan. While not engaged in much combat, that’s to the detriment of our people stranded outside the Kabul airport. Meanwhile, “British and French troops are going out into Kabul to rescue their citizens while the US sticks to the airport.”

CLAIM: “I always promised the American people that I will be straight with you. The truth is: This did unfold more quickly than we had anticipated.”

REALITY: Biden administration was warned last month of Afghanistan ‘catastrophe.’ “Conflicting with President Biden’s insistence that he had no intelligence indicating Kabul would quickly fall upon the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan, Secretary of State Anthony Blinken received a cable in July urging that evacuations be accelerated because the Taliban was quickly gaining ground and the capital was vulnerable to collapse.”

CLAIM: “It is wrong to order American troops to step up when Afghanistan’s own armed forces would not. If the political leaders of Afghanistan were unable to come together for the good of their people, unable to negotiate for the future of their country when the chips were down, they would never have done so while U.S. troops remained in Afghanistan bearing the brunt of the fighting for them.”

REALITY: The token force left by Trump last year had suffered exactly one combat death. For more perspective, “In the worst year in Afghanistan, 2010, the U.S. suffered 440 troops killed in action. So far this year in Chicago, 480 people have been shot to death.” I remain in favor of pulling out of Afghanistan (except for that token forced stupidly and hurriedly ordered home by Biden), but to claim that staying would mean a bloodbath for us is a lie.

CLAIM: “In the coming days, the U.S. military will provide assistance to move more SIV-eligible Afghans and their families out of Afghanistan.”

REALITY: As previously noted, those most at-risk can’t be reached since Biden has ordered our troops to remain holed up at the Kabul airport. Meanwhile, “Taliban Going Door-to-Door Executing U.S. Allies” and “Taliban Find A Way to Win Over the Left: Hunting for Christians.”

CLAIM: “We’ll also continue to support the safe departure of civilian personnel — the civilian personnel of our Allies who are still serving in Afghanistan.

REALITY: Biden Ignored Boris Johnsons’ Frantic Calls for 36 Hours as Bungled Bugout Was Unfolding. “Not only did Presidentish Joe Biden leave UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson in the dark over ‘how it planned to withdraw [and] the pace of its withdrawal’ from Afghanistan, Biden basically ghosted Johnson for 36 hours as the crisis unfolded in Kabul.”

CLAIM: “I am President of the United States of America, and the buck stops with me.”

REALITY: In today’s speech and in Monday’s, “Biden points fingers for Afghanistan debacle after promising he wouldn’t ‘blame others.’”

https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/2021/08/20/fact-checking-bidens-address-lies-damned-lies-and-the-white-house-teleprompter-n1471356

27 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Awe Bonnie trying to be cute

29 minutes ago, TSOL said:

They are going to be teaching about this exit we made in history classes, for century's,  on how NOT to do things. 

Ditto with the Trump administration and the handling of numerous abominations.

Enjoy 

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Abominations?

Numerous?

Do tell! 

How many Americans died on Trumps watch?

Who pissed all over his oath and the Constitution?

Ukraine

Weaponizing DOJ

I’ll go on but you will deny any wrong doing like you and your friends have denied, defended and whitewashed the past five years.