DeSantis For President in 2024?

Parents taking their minor children to nude beaches and getting nude in front of them (otherwise why bother going?) isn't right IMHO, even if it's non-sexual.  I'd like to know how many parents actually do this?  And if there are some, I'd be willing to bet good money they're liberals and not conservatives.

As for LGBTQ+ needing to not wave their junk and sex toys around during parades and Dems thinking that it's imperative they still be allowed to do it...why?  Why is this a hill you're willing to die on?  Because people need to be indulged in everything they do?  A parade where they have signs saying "we're LGBTQ+ and proud" isn't enough anymore?  In the past it was "don't judge us on what we do in our bedrooms."  Now it's "you will be forced to see what we do in our bedrooms."

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

LMAO - you literally lied and told me these were all PRIVATE BEACHES.

jfc these idiots are pathetic 

Omfg - naked people around children at beaches isn’t sexual and acceptable?

Do you realize how pathetic you sound?

You have officially twisted yourself into several pretzels trying to justify DeSaster going after LGTBQ while overlooking the simple fact that DeSaster is ignoring family oriented NUDE beaches in Florida.

lmao - look how far you have come to defend the indefensible - you are broken.

When I was a kid my father once took me to men's gym in Buffalo that my grandfather used to be part of and a bunch of dudes there were in the steam room naked, do you think that those dudes were doing it to be sexual?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

When I was a kid my father once took me to men's gym in Buffalo that my grandfather used to be part of and a bunch of dudes there were in the steam room naked, do you think that those dudes were doing it to be sexual?

Will you stop deflecting?

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

GO WOKE GO BROKE

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Let's first begin with some context. Navigator is a progressive surveying organization. It's by progressive, for progressives. It's results is an internal, progressive, measure. Navigator is polling feelings in this poll, you realize that, right? 

Secondly, I've owned Disney stock for over 6 years, having purchased it in 2017. To date, I have a 1.25% loss on the stock.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Let's first begin with some context. Navigator is a progressive surveying organization. It's by progressive, for progressives. It's results is an internal, progressive, measure. Navigator is polling feelings in this poll, you realize that, right? 

Secondly, I've owned Disney stock for over 6 years, having purchased it in 2017. To date, I have a 1.25% loss on the stock.

You've seriously held a stock for 6 years with a -1.25% loss? And you're just holding it? You could literally just throw that in like Apple or Microsoft and get at least a 30% return just about every year, with the low end probably being in the 20's. Over a 6 year period those companies have to be giving you at least a 200% return if not considerably more. 

You could even put it into a ridiculously safe ETF and get at least 10-15% on the year if you wanted no risk at all. This message appalls me. 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Would you feel better if @BillsFanNCshared another RASSMUSSEN POLL?

lmao

56 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

You try so hard - link

image.thumb.png.1beebea8e28c03acc2c7583819c30ee1.png

1 hour ago, Pokebball said:

@BillStime wouldn’t want it any other way…😉

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Governor said:

Ron, the pedophile. I believe Trump.

DeSantis Responds to Trump Spreading Rumor He Drank With High School Girls

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-amplifies-rumor-ron-desantis-high-school-girls-1779918

How stupid to try and find something from 20 years ago that is mildly objectionable at best. If he slept with one of the girls than I will be bothered but unless there is some context that is not being shared this is nothing. Seriously you are more interested in this than the fact Bidens daughter basically calls him a pedophile. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Mike Pence - MIKE PENCE - is starting to sound very reasonable and sane to me. I disagree with him on abortion rights, but the rest? Maybe I'm more of a Pence Republican than I thought.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-may-ditch-conservatives-pence-vp-2024-republican-primary-ukraine-abortion-b2983352?mod=WTRN_pos8&cx_testId=3&cx_testVariant=cx_171&cx_artPos=7#cxrecs_s

“Donald Trump promised to govern as a conservative, and we did for four years,” Mr. Pence says. “He makes no such promise today. I mean, with regard to a whole range of issues, he and a few others in this field are moving away from a traditional conservative agenda.”

During a visit to the Journal this week, Mr. Pence cites three of those defections. First, Mr. Trump’s “ambiguous” stance on aiding “Ukraine’s fight for freedom.” Second, Social Security and Medicare: “Donald Trump’s policy is identical to Joe Biden’s on entitlement reform.” Third, abortion. Mr. Trump blames the end of Roe v. Wade for the GOP’s 2022 doldrums. “I believe,” Mr. Pence says, “that the cause of life has been the animating core of our movement for 50 years, and that the American people and Republicans long to see leadership that remains dedicated to the principle of restoring the sanctity of life to the center of American law.”

"He supports ideas like slowly phasing in a higher retirement age but also—and here he agreed with President Bush—letting workers invest some of their payroll taxes, via the Thrift Savings Plan that government workers use for retirement. Even a modest return could “double what you’re getting right now in Social Security.”

On world affairs, Mr. Pence cites the Reagan Doctrine, America’s history of “forward-leaning policy” to support anticommunist forces, and its role as “the arsenal of democracy.” Amid Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, both parties seem to be winging it. “My former running mate said he couldn’t say who should win,” Mr. Pence laments, citing Mr. Trump’s comments recently at a CNN town hall. “We’ve got other people that have said it’s not in our national interest to be there.” That’s an apparent knock on Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis..."

It’s still early, but man… I have no idea how DeSantis breaks through. 

He’d be the slam dunk nominee, with a high approval rating, if not for Trump. 

Instead, he cannot break through because the media is obsessed with DJT, and his approval rating is dropping because of the viciousness and cult following of die-hard Trump supporters.  

Can he win?  Yea.  Can he get most of the MAGA folks on board? Hopefully. 

But as someone who’s rooting for him, I just don’t see it right now.  

Not sure I trust any of these new polls, but somehow Trump is up 3-6 points on Biden nationally, with DeSantis in a statistical dead heat?  I chalk that up to brand recognition and DeSantis unable, as it stands, to get his message out nationally - along with the true die-hard Trump supporters currently rejecting him    

I think we’re staring down the barrel of Trump vs Biden, when I’d venture a guess that DeSantis vs Newsom would likely be the best ideological choice for our country with two candidates in their prime.  

*I say Newsom because, regardless of his state’s failures, he’s a politician designed in a lab.  That shouldn’t be underestimated. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, SCBills said:

Instead, he cannot break through because the media is obsessed with DJT, and his approval rating is dropping because of the viciousness and cult following of die-hard Trump supporters.  

Not sure I trust any of these new polls, but somehow Trump is up 3-6 points on Biden nationally, with DeSantis in a statistical dead heat?  I chalk that up to brand recognition and DeSantis unable, as it stands, to get his message out nationally - along with the true die-hard Trump supporters currently rejecting him    

I think we’re staring down the barrel of Trump vs Biden, when I’d venture a guess that DeSantis vs Newsom would likely be the best ideological choice for our country with two candidates in their prime.  

*I say Newsom because, regardless of his state’s failures, he’s a politician designed in a lab.  That shouldn’t be underestimated.

The debates will be key.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/06/19/trump-indictment-2024-00102525

Bad news for ronnie and the rest of the chorus

“No one is thinking outside the box on how to effectively message the existential threat and dilemma that the party is in with this,” said a Republican strategist who is unaffiliated with any campaign, but who was granted anonymity to speak frankly about campaign strategies.

“There is a non-negligible chance the nominee of our party will be charged and go to jail. Setting aside how you feel about this, we can’t govern from a jail cell. I just think people are scared to make that argument. And when you duck and hide from it – that is why the oxygen is getting sucked out of the room.”

Edited by redtail hawk

On 6/17/2023 at 10:10 AM, The Frankish Reich said:

Mike Pence - MIKE PENCE - is starting to sound very reasonable and sane to me. I disagree with him on abortion rights, but the rest? Maybe I'm more of a Pence Republican than I thought.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-may-ditch-conservatives-pence-vp-2024-republican-primary-ukraine-abortion-b2983352?mod=WTRN_pos8&cx_testId=3&cx_testVariant=cx_171&cx_artPos=7#cxrecs_s

“Donald Trump promised to govern as a conservative, and we did for four years,” Mr. Pence says. “He makes no such promise today. I mean, with regard to a whole range of issues, he and a few others in this field are moving away from a traditional conservative agenda.”

During a visit to the Journal this week, Mr. Pence cites three of those defections. First, Mr. Trump’s “ambiguous” stance on aiding “Ukraine’s fight for freedom.” Second, Social Security and Medicare: “Donald Trump’s policy is identical to Joe Biden’s on entitlement reform.” Third, abortion. Mr. Trump blames the end of Roe v. Wade for the GOP’s 2022 doldrums. “I believe,” Mr. Pence says, “that the cause of life has been the animating core of our movement for 50 years, and that the American people and Republicans long to see leadership that remains dedicated to the principle of restoring the sanctity of life to the center of American law.”

"He supports ideas like slowly phasing in a higher retirement age but also—and here he agreed with President Bush—letting workers invest some of their payroll taxes, via the Thrift Savings Plan that government workers use for retirement. Even a modest return could “double what you’re getting right now in Social Security.”

On world affairs, Mr. Pence cites the Reagan Doctrine, America’s history of “forward-leaning policy” to support anticommunist forces, and its role as “the arsenal of democracy.” Amid Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, both parties seem to be winging it. “My former running mate said he couldn’t say who should win,” Mr. Pence laments, citing Mr. Trump’s comments recently at a CNN town hall. “We’ve got other people that have said it’s not in our national interest to be there.” That’s an apparent knock on Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis..."

Just zero chance. You have as much chance at being the Republican nominee. It’s a two horse race and Pence is in the stands rooting for whichever horse he bet money on. 

On 6/17/2023 at 1:37 PM, SCBills said:

Agreed.  I think DeSantis vs. Newsom would be best for the country and are pry the two most formidable candidates on their respective sides of the aisle.  It'll be Trump vs. Biden in all likelihood though.  Sadly.  Trump to me watching these interviews has finally reached fat Elvis stage and Biden's best defense is that he's always been in cognitive decline.  The strongest move that Trump could make is naming DeSantis as his VP for the ticket.  I'm not sure his ego will allow that though and he'll pry pick a bland loyalist that won't steal the spotlight from him (like Pence in 2016).

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Let’s get it 

He’s so obviously the best choice, yet it’s like talking to a wall with Trump supporters.

If he can get the nomination, at least he’ll be able to win over MAGA by being the guy that will pardon Trump from the politically motivated prosecution of his idiotic document handling.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

He’s so obviously the best choice, yet it’s like talking to a wall with Trump supporters.

If he can get the nomination, at least he’ll be able to win over MAGA by being the guy that will pardon Trump from the politically motivated prosecution of his idiotic document handling.  

As long as Mexico pays for it.  Could Trump pardon himself if elected?

• Eyeroll 1