DeSantis For President in 2024?

4 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

It is like these people were…..never locked down.  The people are amazing.  The culture and respect for each other and the law - I truly believe is the result of a state that did not lock them up.  There is a happiness here you don’t see anywhere else outside of pockets around the country

Have you ever driven on Florida highways?  Been passed by some redneck in a Charger doing 110?  Respect for the law and others?  Nope, it’s all “get out of my way, my “freedom “ trumps your right to exist.” A couple years ago we were in St Augustine visiting friends.  2 late middle age couples trying to cross hwy 1 to go to breakfast. No one would stop despite the fact we were on a crosswalk. My friend and I stopped an Escalade to get us across and almost got in a fight with the MAGA behind the wheel.   They have since moved back to Virginia where manners, gentility and pleasantries still mean a great deal. 

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2

19 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Have you ever driven on Florida highways?  Been passed by some redneck in a Charger doing 110?  Respect for the law and others?  Nope, it’s all “get out of my way, my “freedom “ trumps your right to exist.” A couple years ago we were in St Augustine visiting friends.  2 late middle age couples trying to cross hwy 1 to go to breakfast. No one would stop despite the fact we were on a crosswalk. My friend and I stopped an Escalade to get us across and almost got in a fight with the MAGA behind the wheel.   They have since moved back to Virginia where manners, gentility and pleasantries still mean a great deal. 

For someone afraid of the unvaccinated in your church that was very brave of you to travel to the hellhole that is Florida in the time of covid. Impressive! Did you happen to see any goose-steppers on Main Street in St Augustine?

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

For someone afraid of the unvaccinated in your church that was very brave of you to travel to the hellhole that is Florida in the time of covid. Impressive! Did you happen to see any goose-steppers on Main Street in St Augustine?

it wasn't the best weekend.  Bills lost to Jax in an awful game.  Got beat in golf by my friend. lots of alligators on the course.  No goose steppers but lots of angry, aggressive and seemingly unhappy people.   The Stepford wives housing communities are just bizarre.  Not planning a trip back.  The farmers market in St Augustine is cool tho.  Very different vibe.  

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

Florida highways vs NY and say the DC beltway.

its kind of funny reading lefties running out of reasons to hate on Florida.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

If this is DeSantis fault - 2 rival groups (gangs) shooting at each other - but no ARs.  The things DeSantis is selectively responsible for - and not responsible for in your world is truly stunning.   

So now it’s permitless carry.  Mmmm k.  

So how’s that working out in Los Angeles or Chicago?  

But it’s awesome to see you cower.  Very few Trump posts from you these days.  Your rhetoric went from “he’ll never be the nominee” to now “he’ll never be president.”

Yep.  The fear is real. 

And I’ve been here in the greater Orlando area for 5 days now.  

It is like these people were…..never locked down.  The people are amazing.  The culture and respect for each other and the law - I truly believe is the result of a state that did not lock them up.  There is a happiness here you don’t see anywhere else outside of pockets around the country.   

DeSantis is a reflection of good people.  He serves these good people by protecting their interests and respecting their freedoms. 

He’s inevitable.  

I welcome you to our city and I am glad you are enjoying yourself, though stop telling Billsy it is nice, we are better off without him here. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

it wasn't the best weekend.  Bills lost to Jax in an awful game.  Got beat in golf by my friend. lots of alligators on the course.  No goose steppers but lots of angry, aggressive and seemingly unhappy people.   The Stepford wives housing communities are just bizarre.  Not planning a trip back.  The farmers market in St Augustine is cool tho.  Very different vibe.  

The angry people in Jax were the Bills fans, which I was one of them. Also the Interstate in Florida is mostly tourists so I am not surprised it was aggressive. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

DeSantis tears into McCarthy's debt deal: Florida governor says US will STILL be 'careening toward bankruptcy'

with package to increase limit by $4trillion and is proof Washington 'continues to fail'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12136343/DeSantis-tears-McCarthys-debt-deal-says-careening-bankruptcy.html

Another Republican who wants to crush the economy so he can blame someone else. Disgusting human being 

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Does more liquidity in the economy drive down inflation?

A financial melt down would, that what you want? 

22 minutes ago, B-Man said:

stupidest-thing-ill-read-today_new.jpg

Just read your own crap, it will go to the top of the list 

On 5/25/2023 at 11:44 AM, The Frankish Reich said:

There's about a dozen Republican would-be presidents (Cruz, Rubio, Walker, Christie, Carson, Pence .... we can go on and on) who learned the hard way: not hitting back at Trump is the surest path to irrelevance. 

DeSantis needs to grow a pair. Right now the only case he's making for himself is "I'm Trump Jr." There's already a Trump Jr. He's smart, he has a pretty appealing resume (at least in the abstract, until he turned himself into the Troll of the Everglades), he shouldn't be so frightened.

I think DeSantis knows that he can't out-Trump Trump, at least not right out of the gate, and the country is tired of the drama.  He is going to tout his accomplishments and stay above the fray for as long as he can, and when he takes the gloves off it should be to greater effect.

I think DeSantis has a good shot in both the primary and the general, especially if Trump's legal troubles catch up with him (like you guys have been promising for 7 years).

15 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

This is absolutely hilarious! So now our resident leftists are going to post every single thing that’s ever happened in the state of Florida? I keep forgetting….how do you spell TRIGGERED? 

The fear is growing daily.  For good reason.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

The fear is growing daily.  For good reason.

Agreed! So since The Big Guy’s been in Washington for the last half century and since the vast majority of Americans think the country is a total sheet show….I guess we can blame Uncle Joe for everything ….literally everywhere!

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Agreed! So since The Big Guy’s been in Washington for the last half century and since the vast majority of Americans think the country is a total sheet show….I guess we can blame Uncle Joe for everything ….literally everywhere!

It's amazing how that truth escapes so many...

On 5/30/2023 at 8:52 PM, SoCal Deek said:

This is absolutely hilarious! So now our resident leftists are going to post every single thing that’s ever happened in the state of Florida? I keep forgetting….how do you spell TRIGGERED? 

They absolutely hate that someone is going to take on trump… they know any R that gets by trump wins general in a massive landslide, possibly all 3 houses esp if Donnie doesn’t jack up the Congressional primaries again. that also could mean SCOUTUS stays conservative for decades. (It’s really the only federal institution that is so) 

while I vehemently support division of power in principle, this might allow a roll back of some of the lefts crazy they’ve baked into every institution. 

let’s see 

• Agree 1

https://time.com/6266618/ron-desantis-florida-governance-essay/

William Kleinknecht wrote for Time magazine recently: “Florida continues to languish toward the bottom of state rankings assessing the quality of health care, school funding, long-term elder care, and other areas key to a successful society.” Kleinknecht also pointed out, “Florida taxpayers get less for their money than residents of many other states. … It’s no wonder that Florida ranks below the northern blue states in life expectancy and rates of cancer death, diabetes, fatal overdoses, teen birth rates, and infant mortality.” 

12 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

They absolutely hate that someone is going to take on trump… they know any R that gets by trump wins general in a massive landslide, possibly all 3 houses esp if Donnie doesn’t jack up the Congressional primaries again. that also could mean SCOUTUS stays conservative for decades. (It’s really the only federal institution that is so) 

while I vehemently support division of power in principle, this might allow a roll back of some of the lefts crazy they’ve baked into every institution. 

let’s see 

Ya right. Trump will never let that happen and Biden could beat him anyway 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

William Kleinknecht wrote for Time magazine recently: “Florida continues to languish toward the bottom of state rankings assessing the quality of health care, school funding, long-term elder care, and other areas key to a successful society.” Kleinknecht also pointed out, “Florida taxpayers get less for their money than residents of many other states. … It’s no wonder that Florida ranks below the northern blue states in life expectancy and rates of cancer death, diabetes, fatal overdoses, teen birth rates, and infant mortality.” 

massive tibs, the fact trump ever won at all or even came close tells you how sick folks are of the alt left… 70/30?

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

massive tibs, the fact trump ever won at all or even came close tells you how sick folks are of the alt left… 70/30?

Ya, MAGA riled up the massive number of ignorants out there and got them to the polls. DeSantis doesn't seem able to do that 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

After these past 4 years I don't see Biden beating anybody. In 2020 people voted against Trump not for Biden. But now people see what a disaster he has been.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Ya, MAGA riled up the massive number of ignorants out there and got them to the polls. DeSantis doesn't seem able to do that 

you didn’t see the election results in Florida??? Or is that devoid of MAGnorants?

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

After these past 4 years I don't see Biden beating anybody. In 2020 people voted against Trump not for Biden. But now people see what a disaster he has been.

And will still vote against trump… see midterms. 

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

you didn’t see the election results in Florida??? Or is that devoid of MAGnorants?

What if it ends up being DeSantis? I would love to see Biden and DeSantis debate, but the Dems won't allow it for the obvious reason.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Gregg said:

He isn't even close to being anything like a disaster. He will win re-election 

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Florida is a red state

• Dislike 1

On 5/30/2023 at 8:44 PM, BillStime said:

What a DeSaster

It’s not just happening in Florida, I’ve had surgery postponed twice due to staff shortages this year. I’m scheduled for surgery in three weeks but found out it is week to week due to a shortage of anesthesiologists. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think the DeSantis campaign is DOA already, regardless of the money being thrown at him.  Looks a lot like Jeb Bush 2016.  Flat.  Made a bad choice to start taking advice from the Bush crew.  I won't be surprised to see a candidate like Tim Scott do better than him in the early primaries.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, dpberr said:

I think the DeSantis campaign is DOA already, regardless of the money being thrown at him.  Looks a lot like Jeb Bush 2016.  Flat.  Made a bad choice to start taking advice from the Bush crew.  I won't be surprised to see a candidate like Tim Scott do better than him in the early primaries.

Not sure where you got that idea, considering the debates haven't even happened yet.  Never mind how dead Joke's campaign looked.

Edited by Doc

24 minutes ago, dpberr said:

You don't think the door is closing on Trump then?

4 hours ago, Westside said:

It’s not just happening in Florida, I’ve had surgery postponed twice due to staff shortages this year. I’m scheduled for surgery in three weeks but found out it is week to week due to a shortage of anesthesiologists. 

Joe is a grifter for morons.

at this point if that profile post something, its pure BS for the chuds that buy pay her to say their name or buy her trump bad merch.

Edited by Chris farley
  • Agree 1