DeSantis For President in 2024?

The Florida Panthers and Miami Heat are going to their respective Finals.  

The Dolphins might be - really really good.  Like Super Bowl good.  

The Tampa Rays are the best team in baseball.  

And Big Blitz is in Florida during DeSantis’ announcement !!  

It’s all coming up Florida baby!   

DeSantis is inevitable.   

Can’t vote for this man soon enough.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

The Florida Panthers and Miami Heat are going to their respective Finals.  

The Dolphins might be - really really good.  Like Super Bowl good.  

The Tampa Rays are the best team in baseball.  

And Big Blitz is in Florida during DeSantis’ announcement !!  

It’s all coming up Florida baby!   

DeSantis is inevitable.   

Can’t vote for this man soon enough.  

Funny you mention that. I was watching a bit of the hockey game last night and marveled at the fact that the exact same arena had just hosted a playoff basketball game less than 24 hours before. It’s actually pretty amazing how the arena crew is able to turn it around overnight. 

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

He can use his "Anti-Woke Warrior" powers to fight for America!!! 

Morning Tibs

You can argue with his stance on certain things but aside from all of that, having recently visited Florida and living in California, they’re doing something right down there. California has ‘devolved’ into an absolute dump whereas I found Florida to be clean and extremely well maintained. Both are huge population centers with good weather, but somehow Florida has managed to handle it all without turning into an outright aesthetic sh$t hole. (And from what I understand without a State income tax.) The contrast between the two is incredible and really needs some serious study in public policy. 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Joke hid in his basement for most of his campaign.  

For decades we've heard that the old Rose Garden strategy will never work. You gotta get out there and campaign. But then Biden 2020 changed that old wisdom.

For decades we've also heard that you need the ground game, the "retail" level politics, that it's not good enough to dominate national media if you want to win. But then the Trump 2016 campaign changed that old wisdom.

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

For decades we've heard that the old Rose Garden strategy will never work. You gotta get out there and campaign. But then Biden 2020 changed that old wisdom.

For decades we've also heard that you need the ground game, the "retail" level politics, that it's not good enough to dominate national media if you want to win. But then the Trump 2016 campaign changed that old wisdom.

I’ll agree with you on 2020 but not on 2016. If you’ll recall, Trump simply out hustled Hilary down the stretch. She thought she had it in the bag, but she didn’t. 

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ll agree with you on 2020 but not on 2016. If you’ll recall, Trump simply out hustled Hilary down the stretch. She thought she had it in the bag, but she didn’t. 

True, but in the Republican primaries it was kind of the opposite. Trump never built the campaign infrastructure in the key primary states, whereas the Ted Cruz types had been doing that for at least 4 years. It didn't matter.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

True, but in the Republican primaries it was kind of the opposite. Trump never built the campaign infrastructure in the key primary states, whereas the Ted Cruz types had been doing that for at least 4 years. It didn't matter.

So you’re saying it’s kind of like the Bills working the entire offseason to beat the Chiefs in the playoffs but then never even facing them. 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Morning Tibs

You can argue with his stance on certain things but aside from all of that, having recently visited Florida and living in California, they’re doing something right down there. California has ‘devolved’ into an absolute dump whereas I found Florida to be clean and extremely well maintained. Both are huge population centers with good weather, but somehow Florida has managed to handle it all without turning into an outright aesthetic sh$t hole. (And from what I understand without a State income tax.) The contrast between the two is incredible and really needs some serious study in public policy. 

Very different places, different problems. Don't recall Florida have droughts and wild fires, etc. California is three times bigger, twice as big population wise and her cities are much, much bigger than Floridas, which creates a lot more problems that have to be solved 

6 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

wait what now? lol outside of the Keys,  Florida is dirty and trashy.

-The upper half of the state is all trailer parks in the swamp, closer to Alabama then anything else.

-Then you got most of the coasts being "NY South" with old, Northerner retirees. they live in trailers too but nicer than the white trash ones of the swamp  

The keys are cool though, but I dont think that has anything to do with any politician. God made those beautiful

The state is basically an environmental disaster most of the time. My family was finally forced to leave. It just isn’t at all what it was in the late 90’s.

• Like (+1) 2

The Morning Consult survey shows the former president has 54% support among likely primary voters and DeSantis has 26%, tying his lowest score since the poll began in December.

Former President Donald Trump is widening his lead over the rest of the Republican primary field, according to a new Harvard CAPS/Harris poll.

In a hypothetical nine-way Republican presidential primary, Trump takes 58 percent support among GOP voters, adding 3 percentage points to his already-staggering lead since last month. His closest rival, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, notched only 16 percent in the survey – a 4-point downturn since the previous survey.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4012715-trump-widens-lead-over-desantis-in-gop-primary-poll/

• Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

16.6 million views of this in 16 hours.  

Incredible. 

The most authentic, presidential sounding President since Reagan. 

And inherits the exact same chaotic and lost country as Reagan did.

Reagan created far more problems than he helped solve, so that isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.

• Agree 1

This is all awesome - the difference with him and Trump is that DeSantis has the track record of success doing these things and actually leading.  And obviously having good humans around him.   

This is why he won Florida by 20 points 

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The Morning Consult survey shows the former president has 54% support among likely primary voters and DeSantis has 26%, tying his lowest score since the poll began in December.

Former President Donald Trump is widening his lead over the rest of the Republican primary field, according to a new Harvard CAPS/Harris poll.

In a hypothetical nine-way Republican presidential primary, Trump takes 58 percent support among GOP voters, adding 3 percentage points to his already-staggering lead since last month. His closest rival, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, notched only 16 percent in the survey – a 4-point downturn since the previous survey.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4012715-trump-widens-lead-over-desantis-in-gop-primary-poll/

Polling at this point doesn't mean much. DeSantis might not ever be able to catch Trump, but this is very early. Lot's can happen

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Morning Tibs

The California vs Florida debate, to me, is the most accurate.

You will always have northeast/midwest folks that want to move south due to the weather. It just so happens that the northeast/midwest (outside Ohio) tend to be lean blue or deep blue.  The southern states all tend to be lean red or deep red.  

However, California is a different story.  It is the most beautiful state in this country, with amazing weather.  Yet people are fleeing.   

And under Ron DeSantis, even with heavy influx states like Texas, Tennessee, Georgia and The Carolinas, Florida leads the way in population growth. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Polling at this point doesn't mean much. DeSantis might not ever be able to catch Trump, but this is very early. Lot's can happen

DeSantis has a ton of money and is incredibly disciplined & organized.

He also takes chances.  Sometimes it pays off… sometimes you run the risk of a mixed bag with the Twitter launch. 

All that being said … they are investing HEAVY in grassroots, never before seen levels of organization on the ground, in the early primary states. 

That’s what it will come down to, imo.   And I think think this is their calculation also.  

Make Trump look vulnerable.   If they can win Iowa and win one of SC or NH, Trump won’t look inevitable and people may start to flip in other primaries. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The California vs Florida debate, to me, is the most accurate.

You will always have northeast/midwest folks that want to move south due to the weather. It just so happens that the northeast/midwest (outside Ohio) tend to be lean blue or deep blue.  The southern states all tend to be lean red or deep red.  

However, California is a different story.  It is the most beautiful state in this country, with amazing weather.  Yet people are fleeing.   

And under Ron DeSantis, even with heavy influx states like Texas, Tennessee, Georgia and The Carolinas, Florida leads the way in population growth. 

California is NATURALLY beautiful but having lived here now for over forty years I can tell you that the MAN MADE ‘improvements’ are crumbling fast. The once well maintained freeway system is a graffiti and pot hole infested eyesore. The cities are completely overrun with homelessness. And the utility infrastructure is woefully inadequate. In short…to quote Irv…it’s a mess! And anyone who lives here knows it. 

I appreciate everyone’s responses in Florida but I’ve not met a single Californian who doesn’t come back from visiting there with a similar first impression. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

California is NATURALLY beautiful but having lived here now for over forty years I can tell you that the MAN MADE ‘improvements’ are crumbling fast. The once well maintained freeway system is a graffiti and pot hole infested eyesore. The cities are completely overrun with homelessness. And the utility infrastructure is woefully inadequate. In short…to quote Irv…it’s a mess! And anyone who lives here knows it. 

I appreciate everyone’s responses in Florida but I’ve not met a single Californian who doesn’t come back from visiting there with a similar first impression. 

Of everything the left has really screwed up, CA is #1

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

You’re absolutely right- because no one lights up a room like “Tales From The Crypt” Joe Biden…😉

He does communicate well, actually. But not in a bloviating, hateful manner that the GOP loves 

• Disagree 1

Just now, SUNY_amherst said:

thats funny to me. I'd like to meet these people. As an East Coaster my whole life its pretty much known the Florida, real Florida is like the butthole of the East

Interesting 

Have you been to California in the last ten years? It’s almost unrecognizable. Sad. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

wait what now? lol outside of the Keys,  Florida is dirty and trashy.

-The upper half of the state is all trailer parks in the swamp, closer to Alabama then anything else.

-Then you got most of the coasts being "NY South" with old, Northerner retirees. they live in trailers too but nicer than the white trash ones of the swamp  

The keys are cool though, but I dont think that has anything to do with any politician. God made those beautiful

Yeah, I'm not sure Florida has any bragging rights on the "We're Not Trashy" index.

• Like (+1) 1

Meanwhile. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . back at the Desantis thread.

Bret Baier Throws Cold Water on DeSantis Run: ‘Something Has to Change Dramatically’ For Him to Win

by Ken Meyer

Fox News’s Bret Baier assessed that the 2024 Republican primary will have to experience an earth-shaking development for Florida Governor Ron DeSantis (R) to surpass former President Donald Trump. Baier joined America Reports to react to the news that DeSantis will officially join the 2024 presidential race in an upcoming Twitter Spaces event with Elon Musk. The Special Report anchor began with a nod to Fox contributor Karl Rove, who spoke before him about how Trump currently leads the GOP — adding things could change as the race goes on. (snip) noted the reality that Trump still “overwhelmingly” tops DeSantis in the polls.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/bret-baier-throws-cold-water-on-desantis-run-something-has-to-change-dramatically-for-him-to-win/

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Yes I have, I really liked San Diego. I also really liked the mountains near Tahoe. LA was kinda drab. I would never live in California but it is definetely better than Florida

So what is your explanation for so many northerners moving to Florida and so many Californians leaving Cali for Arizona, Texas, Montana and Idaho?

Both beautiful states in terms of geography and weather.   In fact Cali beats anyone with the ocean & mountains along with more moderate temps and lesser humidity.   The state has every resource necessary to be THE cornerstone state of America, yet people are leaving in droves. 

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Bret Baier Throws Cold Water on DeSantis Run: ‘Something Has to Change Dramatically’ For Him to Win

by Ken Meyer

Fox News’s Bret Baier assessed that the 2024 Republican primary will have to experience an earth-shaking development for Florida Governor Ron DeSantis (R) to surpass former President Donald Trump. Baier joined America Reports to react to the news that DeSantis will officially join the 2024 presidential race in an upcoming Twitter Spaces event with Elon Musk. The Special Report anchor began with a nod to Fox contributor Karl Rove, who spoke before him about how Trump currently leads the GOP — adding things could change as the race goes on. (snip) noted the reality that Trump still “overwhelmingly” tops DeSantis in the polls.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/bret-baier-throws-cold-water-on-desantis-run-something-has-to-change-dramatically-for-him-to-win/

Personality transplant? 

I said it before, he's this cycle's Scott Walker 

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

by Ken Meyer

DeSantis is not going to get any favorable coverage from MSM. 

He’s made the calculus to spite them.  Right or wrong, he believes in new media and only throws MSM scraps.  

They will make him pay for that.  

Leftist media desperately wants Trump for ratings and the more beatable candidate for Biden.  

Rightwing old guard media, Fox specifically, did not take kindly to DeSantis announcing on Twitter over traditional media.  

• Agree 1

Just now, SCBills said:

DeSantis is not going to get any favorable coverage from MSM. 

He’s made the calculus to spite them.  Right or wrong, he believes in new media and only throws MSM scraps.  

They will make him pay for that.  

Leftist media desperately wants Trump for ratings and the more beatable candidate for Biden.  

Rightwing old guard media, Fox specifically, did not take kindly to DeSantis announcing on Twitter over traditional media.  

There's about a dozen Republican would-be presidents (Cruz, Rubio, Walker, Christie, Carson, Pence .... we can go on and on) who learned the hard way: not hitting back at Trump is the surest path to irrelevance. 

DeSantis needs to grow a pair. Right now the only case he's making for himself is "I'm Trump Jr." There's already a Trump Jr. He's smart, he has a pretty appealing resume (at least in the abstract, until he turned himself into the Troll of the Everglades), he shouldn't be so frightened.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

northerners (retirees) move to Florida because they are old and tired of shoveling snow

idk if the rest of your stuff is even accurate. People are leaving California for Idaho? I feel bad for those people

You've never been to idaho? it's beautiful. Especially the Coeur D"alene area. A gem to few people know about. Had an amazing weekend there

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

There's about a dozen Republican would-be presidents (Cruz, Rubio, Walker, Christie, Carson, Pence .... we can go on and on) who learned the hard way: not hitting back at Trump is the surest path to irrelevance. 

DeSantis needs to grow a pair. Right now the only case he's making for himself is "I'm Trump Jr." There's already a Trump Jr. He's smart, he has a pretty appealing resume (at least in the abstract, until he turned himself into the Troll of the Everglades), he shouldn't be so frightened.

I actually agree. 

He has to go at Trump, by name, aggressively.  

Worry about winning back his supporters after the primary.  

9 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

northerners (retirees) move to Florida because they are old and tired of shoveling snow

idk if the rest of your stuff is even accurate. People are leaving California for Idaho? I feel bad for those people

Yes.. that’s been the pattern, pre-DeSantis.  I’m from Long Island.  I know all about the retiree NY - FL pipeline.  

That’s not what’s happening now. 

Families are uprooting and moving to Florida at a massive rate.   High wealth individuals are leaving NYC for Miami, Tampa etc.  Young professionals and business owners are relocating to Florida given NY’s pandemic response and subsequent consequences. 

• Agree 1