DeSantis For President in 2024?

8 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

Once again can you tell me what books are banned in Florida?

If a child has access to the internet there is a lot of  nasty stuff there if the parents don't set limits or know how to.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Governor said:

I can find each of the books actually listed at the public library here in Orange County, so are you redefining the word ban or are you just easily manipulated? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ALF said:

If a child has access to the internet there is a lot of  nasty stuff there if the parents don't set limits or know how to.

True.  But that doesn't mean you should put, say, Penthouse magazine in a kid's library.

4 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

I can find each of the books actually listed at the public library here in Orange County, so are you redefining the word ban or are you just easily manipulated? 

Hmmm, let us guess...

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

All SUNY does is make crap up- he stated Kennedy was funded by Coke along with other stupid ideas. 

It's bizarre.  There are so many other ambiguous things to make up, why lie about his height and weight, which are easily verifiable?

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Governor said:

how bout huck finn or to kill a mockingbird? You can find them on some banned lists. Quick google search shows banned in the right wing states of California and Massachusetts 

• Haha (+1) 1

WaPo now accusing Georgia of this.  

Please NAACP, issue a travel ban for Georgia of all places…. Show us just how ridiculous you are.  

They won’t though, because this is obviously in conjunction with the Democrat establishment against DeSantis. 

Also shows how little sway they have anymore.  Most apolitical black folks are literally laughing at this.   Stephen A Smith on ESPN absolutely giddy that he gets to go to South Beach to cover the Finals.  

Nobody cares, everyone knows it’s nonsense. 

• Agree 1

On 5/15/2023 at 5:37 AM, redtail hawk said:

Who is cancelling whom?

Holocaust?  Never happened?

F'in fascists.  And he has a decent chance to be prez.  This country is going to the dogs...

https://www.timesofisrael.com/florida-rejects-holocaust-textbooks-for-falling-afoul-of-woke-education-ban/#:~:text=JTA — Florida's state Education Department,K-12 social studies material.

From the article:

"Florida requires Holocaust education in grades K-12, and in 2020, DeSantis signed a law requiring public schools to certify that they teach about the Holocaust."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

why do you try to make things personal every time. No, he doesn’t know me, duh

It’s not about making it personal. He’s the governor of Florida. You’ve said you live in WNY. You are not one of his constituents. It’s that simple. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

why do you try to make things personal every time. No, he doesn’t know me, duh

Um, you just referred to me and other republicans as idiots and said we are all on our knees for Trump,  so forgive us if we call you full of bullshlt on this, SUNY.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Um, you just referred to me and other republicans as idiots and said we are all on our knees for Trump,  so forgive us if we call you full of bullshlt on this, SUNY.

I don’t believe that’s what he meant. He was referring to the fact that I said the Governor of a state he doesn’t live in, doesn’t have much concern over what SUNY thinks about his style of governance. I have literally no idea why he believes that’s making things ‘personal’. Shrug 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I think we can have opinions on things despite not being locally affected, right Buffalo Bills fan from Southern California?

What now? Geez you have a real problem with reading g comprehension. I did not say that you cannot have an opinion. I said that the Governor of Florida is not trying to please you as a resident of WNY. If you’re pleased that’s nice, but it’s of no consequence to DeSantis. Likewise if you’re not pleased, it’s of little consequence. Is that any clearer? 

• Like (+1) 1

no.

Look I understand you are part of the group that voted in a reality tv star for president so maybe you have a warped sense of how this thing should work, but leadership, public service, is not just a game or a popularity contest.

banning books... banning thoughts... these things are wrong whether a slight majority of dumb southern voters in his state support it or not

as a District Court Judge in Florida noted : "recently Florida has felt like the First Amendment....upside down"

I truly enjoy the fake narrative of “book banning” by the Left…🤣

Does that mean that there’s a book banning of Penthouse magazine , too, because it’s not allowed in elementary school libraries? How about a book banning of the Bible or the Torah? To Kill A Mockingbird? Dr. Seuss?😉

Why does the Left insist on banning books? 😎

• Like (+1) 2

All you did was ask questions. A point wasn’t made to be right or wrong

I’m simply asking if you think the examples I listed are considered to be “banning books”?

My point is that, by your logic, you would have to say yes…

Why? Because the truth of the matter is that your logic paints you into a corner when you play out your rationale to its fullest logical conclusion…

We ALL know that a real book banning (or burning) as we saw in Nazi Germany (which I presume is what the Left is attempting to portray conservatives as, given their playbook) is when books are eradicated from an ENTIRE society and made illegal…But the books being restricted from schools are still allowed in society- just not to minors in public schools…

And this is nothing new.  Not allowing minors to view certain materials (deemed adult content) has been a concept that’s been around since the beginning of time…It’s like movies being rated “R”- restricted from minors…Would you consider rated “R” movies as “banning movies”? Of course not…That would be ridiculous…👍

This is why I asked you about those specific examples- because the same “book banning” claim can be made by the other political side of the aisle as well- using your logic…So, imo, you either have to believe BOTH sides are “banning books” or neither side is…👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, BillStime said:

That’s the beauty of America- you can live in a particular community that shares your values…

If you prefer more traditional values to raise your families, you can move to places where those politicians are elected…

If you prefer a more progressive community, and support your kids being brainwashed into changing their gender, then there are several options where people vote for those types of politicians…👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Governor said:

When I read funny comments I try to picture what some of you look like. Most of you are still wearing skinny/slim fit.

So I'll put you down for fat jeans.

• Haha (+1) 1