DeSantis For President in 2024?

19 minutes ago, BillStime said:

The cult cannot disappoint their keepers. 

Almost all books added to the “ban” list are anti American BLM nonsense or intentionally groom via the LGBTEAHGZEALLNDEIV46;::/-)7 - lobby.  

It’s on purpose.  They get these books in the libraries knowing full well the parents the School Boards will ask the FBI to monitor will complain.  

Said School Boards and their low info media lackeys will cry “censorship.”

Their low info supporters will buy in.   

Bonus question:  Would you like a list of schools that have banned “The Art of the Deal?”  

30 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

they have a warped sense of what ban means lol. Its not that hard to google the definition

Google the definition and then tell me a specific book that is banned that you think should be available to me, a citizen of Florida?

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Almost all books added to the “ban” list are anti American BLM nonsense or intentionally groom via the LGBTEAHGZEALLNDEIV46;::/-)7 - lobby.  

It’s on purpose.  They get these books in the libraries knowing full well the parents the School Boards will ask the FBI to monitor will complain.  

Said School Boards and their low info media lackeys will cry “censorship.”

Their low info supporters will buy in.   

Bonus question:  Would you like a list of schools that have banned “The Art of the Deal?”  

image.thumb.jpeg.7e71fd4b621fa3a7e341ef0987e9bc6a.jpeg

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

If government authorities feel there is divisive racist, woke, or LGBT content in the poem, I have no problem with not allowing it in schools…Besides, students have access to Google if they really want to read it…👍

As far as books being pulled within 5 days of a complaint, for further review, this sounds reasonable…If there were books in schools that supported discrimination, I would definitely want this process, and you should too…👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

If government authorities feel there is divisive racist, woke, or LGBT content in the poem, I have no problem with not allowing it in schools…Besides, students have access to Google if they really want to read it…👍

As far as books being pulled within 5 days of a complaint, for further review, this sounds reasonable…If there were books in schools that supported discrimination, I would definitely want this process, and you should too…👍

Can you keep your story straight?

PS: Commie says what?

15 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

that doesn't make any sense. The books are banned in schools whether you can get them or not

you are a teacher? hopefully not English...

So "50 shades of grey" should be available on an elementary school? Is DeSantis banning that book also? 

11 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

down a rabbit hole. You had troubles with the word ban, now you are asking me about 50 Shades of Gray WTF. I'm not here to teach you about everything.

Well.. many of the books “banned” have sexual content as graphic as that of 50 Shades, only in these books, the language is aimed at children. 

Just now, BillStime said:

Well, I don’t consider restricting books from minors as “banning books”…

Like I said before, are rated “R” movies considered “banning movies” because they are restricted from minors due to specific content?  Is it considered “banning” if Playboy/Playgirl aren’t allowed in schools? 

Of course not, and it’s ridiculous to think so…But I feel the Left really likes labels- and it seems their strategy, for a long time,  is to try to associate Republicans or conservatives as Nazis (the OG’s of book banning/burning)…And that’s why the Left tries to associate the Right as “banning books” when that’s not what’s happening at all…

In fact, if we are being honest with ourselves, the Right AND Left do the exact same thing with regards to school book selection- the only difference being the values that each side has for the selection process…👍

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Side note:  If the two liberals in this thread crying that they can’t show graphic content to kids are indicative of the stance the entire Dem party will continue to take on TQIA+, that’s very good news for Republicans. 

Poll after poll shows R’s poll much stronger on the issues that spin off of this. 

As the TQIA+ agenda permeates further into the mainstream, it furthers the backlash.   

Dems biggest ally in this fight has been apathy and lack of exposure.   Most non-online folks didn’t know this stuff was going on … now they are forced to acknowledge it.  

Glenn Youngkin’s popularity in Virginia and the Target boycott should be the canaries in the coal mine for any moderate Dem observing this issue. 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

no quotations needed. Meatball is banning books in schools, its not a quote or an interpretation

Yes it is...... but you don't have the courage to admit it now.

MANY books are restricted in schools THAT is a fact.

Meanwhile, back at the thread.

The Collective Freak-out Over Ron DeSantis' 2024 Announcement Shows Exactly Why He's Effective

00fd2f7b-358a-42d0-9e4a-8c66f23270e9-450

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/05/24/the-collective-freak-out-over-ron-desantis-2024-announcement-shows-exactly-why-hes-effective-n750688

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

If you work in IT then you know how embarrassing that is. You don't launch something like that if it isn't load tested. But just like the smashed cybertruck windows, it just gives Elon more publicity. Positive or negative, these days it doesn't really matter as long as people are talking

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

If you work in IT then you know how embarrassing that is. You don't launch something like that if it isn't load tested. But just like the smashed cybertruck windows, it just gives Elon more publicity. Positive or negative, these days it doesn't really matter as long as people are talking

To a degree… it’s really hard to simulate a simultaneous load of a million streams though. I wonder if they had a what if it crashes conversation? 

I wonder if they expected so many people. 

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

To a degree… it’s really hard to simulate a simultaneous load of a million streams though. I wonder if they had a what if it crashes conversation? 

I wonder if they expected so many people. 

Trump surrogates are lying about the Elon/BBC interviews having 3.3M listeners.

That number was the recorded version that they later broadcasted.  The live version was around 200k.   Which is massive.  

Twitter started melting down pretty early on though.   Completely crashed at 700k, but was glitching nonstop at around 300k+

They had to have have the foresight that this could set a record…  

Once Elon broadcasted from Sacks account, the broadcast was fine though.   Stayed around 300k for most of the Q&A portion with no issues. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Congrats for hanging in there. The rest of the world will never hear that wonderful discussion. And I'm not sure we're taking your word on it.

700k when it crashed. 

300k on the second attempt. 

Replay ability exists on Twitter and I doubt the 400k lost on the reboot are all swing voters in Wisconsin. 

We’ll see if it works, but DeSantis team is 100x more organized on the ground than Trump and their plan is to flood the early primary states and take away th w inevitability element of Trump. 

Regardless, as someone who almost went into politics… this stuff fascinates me.. and my biggest question right now is what DeSantis war chest means … if its from small donors, then the polling may be off.  If it’s from big donors, well.. they aren’t in the business of backing losers. 

9 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

friends with a genocidal maniac? trump is unhinged. I cant believe republicans were so stupid to vote for him

Why did we vote for him? Killary and Biden. That's why.