DeSantis For President in 2024?

Drag hamburger joint in Florida is suing because they can’t sexualize children.

This is why people prefer Trump or DeSantis over someone like Tim Scott or Nikki Haley.  

The political battle isn’t just with Democrats, or those who think differently than you on taxes, border law, guns etc.,.. it’s with actual demons who want control of your children and to tear down society of any remaining moral fiber. 

Edited by SCBills

50 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Drag hamburger joint in Florida is suing because they can’t sexualize children.

This is why people prefer Trump or DeSantis over someone like Tim Scott or Nikki Haley.  

The political battle isn’t just with Democrats, or those who think differently than you on taxes, border law, guns etc.,.. it’s with actual demons who want control of your children and to tear down society of any remaining moral fiber. 

They have a location right down the street from Orlando Magic arena and I have walked by there after a game and the crowd has been rather raucous for one of their drag shows. I just don't understand why people are fighting to make sure kids can be presented with sexual things. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I get what she is saying. Meatball basically is trump since he has worshipped him and the MAGA movement. But from a personality standpoint Meatball is boring and drab and downright awkward at times. Whereas trump was an actor and sometimes funny.

The 'everyman' persona trump uses effectively wont be possible with desantis, the yale and harvard douche

I think the comparisons between DeSantis and Trump are laughable. Two entirely different people, in so many ways. Sure, they're both GOP with similar current policy positions. Trump's positions have been all over the place though, over his lifetime. And as far as character goes, Trump has little. DeSantis seems to have more than the average politician.

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I get what she is saying. Meatball basically is trump since he has worshipped him and the MAGA movement. But from a personality standpoint Meatball is boring and drab and downright awkward at times. Whereas trump was an actor and sometimes funny.

The 'everyman' persona trump uses effectively wont be possible with desantis, the yale and harvard douche

DeSantis isn't going to run on the same platform as Trump.  My guess is that he touts his Covid response and refusal to let sex ed be taught in k-3.

6 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

of course he is.

On the debate stage they will debate silly stuff like hand size and their wives like the 2016 run-up because everything else is the same

Oh, well if you say it, of course it must be accurate.  Who am I to question the ivory towers of SUNY Amherst?

Rhonda, a very awkward guy to begin with, is going to announce on a nearly dead app with THE most awkward guy that ever lived Musk.

That is a bit weird. I don’t see anyone covering it and I don’t have twitter installed so I’ll miss it.

Edited by Governor
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Governor said:

Rhonda, a very awkward guy to begin with, is going to announce on a nearly dead app with THE most awkward guy that ever lived Musk.

That is a bit weird.

Serious question...why do you consider him awkward?

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Serious question...why do you consider him awkward?

He’s a bit of a clutz and he’s very surly in person.

The thing about presidential elections is that real ***** happens around the world during the campaign and you’ll be asked about it and have to give a grownup presidential response, and DeSantis has shown that he’s really bad at that. His team is exceptionally bad also.

Edited by Governor
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

of course he is.

On the debate stage they will debate silly stuff like hand size and their wives like the 2016 run-up because everything else is the same

Trump and DeSantis have very real differences.  

A huge difference being their view on corporations and culture. 

Trump is hands off, with verbal attacks. 

DeSantis is hands on, to back up the verbal attacks. 

Trump’s culture war is more related to the concept of “Look at what they are taking from you”. 

DeSantis is more directed towards “Look at what they are doing to your children”. 

DeSantis early appeal, culturally, is to parents. 

Trump’s appeal, as it always was, is to those working class folks that feel left behind. 

1 hour ago, Governor said:

The thing about presidential elections is that real ***** happens around the world during the campaign and you’ll be asked about it and have to give a grownup presidential response, and DeSantis has shown that he’s really bad at that. His team is exceptionally bad also.

His constituents appear to have a different opinion than you. I agree with what you posted above regarding his ability to respond and react in a way that influences his audience to agree and or support him. It appears to me that he's done that pretty well in Florida. 

2 hours ago, Governor said:

Joke is like that as well.  Plus he's senile.

42 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

His constituents appear to have a different opinion than you. I agree with what you posted above regarding his ability to respond and react in a way that influences his audience to agree and or support him. It appears to me that he's done that pretty well in Florida. 

There’s a bunch of fun things that could happen, For example, hurricane season is like June through November, so he might have to openly admit that he asked for and accepted hurricane relief from Biden not just once, but maybe 3 times(once already) and the others running might beat him over the head with that during the campaign.

Biden would obviously remind the country that happened right to Election Day. Remind the country that he’s his daddy and here’s here to catch lil Ronnie when he falls.

Edited by Governor
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Governor said:

There’s a bunch of fun things that could happen, For example, hurricane season is like June through November, so he might have to openly admit that he asked for and accepted hurricane relief from Biden not just once, but maybe 3 times(once already) and the others running might beat him over the head with that during the campaign.

Biden would obviously remind the country that happened right to Election Day. Remind the country that he’s his daddy and here’s here to catch lil Ronnie when he falls.

Joke will be a drooling vegetable in a year's time.

1 minute ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Idk about that. Biden is old and DeSantis is fat

oh, catch him metaphorically

LOL!  You can't help yourself, can you?

3 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Idk about that. Biden is old and DeSantis is fat

oh, catch him metaphorically 

They had a clip of him earlier. I didn’t realize he had such oddly shaped man-boobs. Like dude, you’re running for president. Tighten up.

15 minutes ago, Governor said:

I guess I don't see your concern. That's what FEMA is for.

1 minute ago, Pokebball said:

I guess I don't see your concern. That's what FEMA is for.

Yeah, asking for federal money for natural disasters, like it was intended for?  Shocking!

The answer DeSantis would give is "and what is the alternative?"  Then...crickets.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah, asking for federal money for natural disasters, like it was intended for?  Shocking!

The answer DeSantis would give is "and what is the alternative?"  Then...crickets.

There’s no money in there. Congress has to vote. Don’t you remember what Republicans did to Christ Christie during the Obama years? Obama finally got the money after republicans voted against it and visited NJ and that’s when the infamous Christie/Obama hug happened. It ended Christie’s political career but he did it anyway for his state after the GOP turned their backs on him.

Joe would also like a hug.

Edited by Governor

22 minutes ago, Governor said:

There’s no money in there. Congress has to vote. Don’t you remember what Republicans did to Christ Christie during the Obama years? Obama finally got the money after republicans voted against it and visited NJ and that’s when the infamous Christie/Obama hug happened. It ended Christie’s political career but he did it anyway for his state after the GOP turned their backs on him.

Joe would also like a hug.

Maybe Ron will let Joke sniff his hair...

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I hope I'm wrong actually. It would be nice for you republicans to grow up and discuss policy once in awhile.

I was shocked when trump was allowed to say "we'll have Mexico pay for it" when discussing his (now failed) wall attempt and ya'll DIDNT EVEN QUESTION on that. WTFFF

(by the way, DeSantis made a name for himself with a campaign ad of his daughter building this imaginary wall, which goes to show how he is the same as trump)

I don't think you hope you are wrong at all. You seem to have no interest in rational discourse, but love to spout your tired nonsense like "republicans are on their knees for Trump", or "republicans want Trump to be king". Take a poll, that is simply not true, but I don't think you have the capacity to understand that.  You'll just continue to parrot your black and white one dimensional nonsense.

• Like (+1) 2

Excuses and damage control before the twitter event even occurs. I guess they’re getting some serious blowback on that decision. The main problem I see is that it won’t be covered by anyone so you’ll have to rely on other social media platforms and shares to get eyes on it.

Just now, Governor said:

Excuses and damage control before the twitter event even occurs. I guess they’re getting some serious blowback on that decision. The main problem I see is that it won’t be covered by anyone so you’ll have to rely on other social media platforms and shares to get eyes on it.

Nonsensical take, Gov. Search DeSantis and Twitter, and you'll see every major outlet had stories about it. NYT, NPR, etc.

3 hours ago, Governor said:

Totally agree. We need more real leadership like this: 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Governor said:

You should quit guessing

40 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

prove me wrong and pick someone else then.

Until then I’m free to think that way, y’all keep bending over for trump 

Or, you can keep your head in the sand and miss that your side is so far gone continuously taking every single “not Republican” position it’s gotten to the point you can’t define woman and you support the trans books being in Elementary school libraries.  

The Left has a problem with anyone that defends Trump yet has lost sight of the fact they are now defending the indefensible just because Rs support it or something.  

Y’all are insane.  

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Or, you can keep your head in the sand and miss that your side is so far gone continuously taking every single “not Republican” position it’s gotten to the point you can’t define woman and you support the trans books being in Elementary school libraries.  

The Left has a problem with anyone that defends Trump yet has lost sight of the fact they are now defending the indefensible just because Rs support it or something.  

Y’all are insane.  

These are the type of people you’re debating with.  No point in engaging.  They have zero critical thinking ability or nuance.  

“Don’t go down the rabbit hole”

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

critical thinking or not, if trump wins the nomination I will be right. but please prove me wrong. I'll believe it when I see it though

Ok.. but you keep bringing Trump up to a message board of people who overwhelmingly support DeSantis and openly criticize Trump.  

What do y’all want us to say .. nobody here, that I can see, is MAGA.   We’d vote for him if he’s the nominee, but the constant Trump talk to people who aren’t Trump supporters is beyond tiring.  

It’s either a lack of reading the room or simply a bad faith argument when something on your side is indefensible. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

critical thinking or not, if trump wins the nomination I will be right. but please prove me wrong. I'll believe it when I see it though

You want Biden to be king with unchecked power 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

prove me wrong and pick someone else then.

Until then I’m free to think that way, y’all keep bending over for trump 

OK, I vow to vote for anyone other than Trump in 2024.  Now do you vow to stop making those bullshlt claims? Deal?

And to be clear,  you are free to think and say whatever you want,  but know that you are spreading misinformation and contributing negatively to the culture wars in this country. 

And I will take you to task for it. 

3 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I think y’all are full of it

I don’t care who you vote for. I’m talking about republicans as a group. 

Sticking to the shallow end, got it.  But if Trump doesn't win the primary are you going to come back here and own these apersions that you have been casting around so freely?

4 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

prove me wrong, first. Republicans are on their knees for trump 

Awesome reply, keep being one of the good guys!

5 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

prove me wrong, first. Republicans are on their knees for trump 

Also, can you explain exactly what you mean by "on their knees"?

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

A Florida school or all schools?  

An individual school or did DeSantis order this absurd poem no one cares about but spun in this tweet as a ban on black, LGBT, and everyone’s! voices?

Can’t answer that?

Let me tell you a story about a President and his political party that coerced social media platforms (imagine how easy this is for them to do with TV and newspapers) to ban and censor prominent and influential conservatives. 

No outrage over that Bill!  

Gtfo