DeSantis For President in 2024?

He’s going to win it’s just a matter of what Trump does after he loses the primary.  I expect he’s going to drop out while he thinks he’s “on top” of the GOP field. 

Well, if he believes those polls here’s one for him. 

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Difficult dx AI is going to crush it. They are already catching a 30% error rate on scopes with AI. There are some great doctors and nurses out there, but it’s not the standard and there are tons of ***** ones that don’t dx, it’s  throw drugs at symptoms, no root cause analysis and regurgitate protocols from the 1970s. 

amazing how much we pay per capita for such a relatively poor level of care and no accountability for outcomes. 

Good luck with all that.  Retired.  Don't have a dog in the hunt x my own health.  I'm going to a board certified MD and I know a thing or 2 about medicine and the system.  I really hope your job is AI replaceable.  Would hate for people to take advice from you.

Edited by redtail hawk

23 hours ago, gobills404 said:

If by some long shot he actually did the GOP primary, what do we think the O/U is on how many indictments against him would materialize out of thin air before election day? My bet would be over 2.5.

Here’s a way to keep from getting brought in a court

Stop doing crimes

DeSantis has done some things that are unethical but not illegal they’re not going to go after him for that

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

Good luck with all that.  Retired.  Don't have a dog in the hunt x my own health.  I'm going to a board certified MD and I know a thing or 2 about medicine and the system.  I really hope your job is AI replaceable.  Would hate for people to take advice from you.

I remove excuses, identify waste, expose fraud and make things happen. I know you hate me. You thrived off the first 3. Your tenor oozes it. 

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I

Im sure your expertise was how to code paperwork to extract maximum value from patients and insurance. You reek it. Dime a dozen. Let me guess PCP? 

You need to find a new "provider" if he smells.  As for my PCP, she's quite attractive...actually I'm dreaming.  He's kinda an ugly, smart dude (his wife seems to find him attractive.)  But he has the chops.  Nice guy too.  And not rich...

Edited by redtail hawk

1 minute ago, redtail hawk said:

You need to find a new "provider" if he smells.  As for my PCP, she's quite attractive...actually I'm dreaming.  He's can ugly smart dude(mhis wife seems to find him attractive.)  But he has the chops.  Nice guy too.  And not rich...

Exactly -the layer of pcp is an inefficient scam, yet another example as you cite,  is how for really really old people that crave somewhat attractive people to be forced to talk to them, the system drives it, irrespective of the actual lack of medicinal value. 

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Exactly -the layer of pcp is an inefficient scam, yet another example as you cite,  is how for really really old people that crave somewhat attractive people to be forced to talk to them, the system drives it, irrespective of the actual lack of medicinal value. 

God help you.  You are so dumb.  Dude, people go into primary care to make 1/2 the money for double the work and BS.  Some of the finest people I know.  And smart as hell. I know.  I helped train some of them.  One med student I had from UVA already held a doctorate in astrophysics before entering med school.  He's now a neurosurgeon and a decent fly fisherman.  So degrade the Medical profession all u want, but I'll keep on swinging.  So far it's been fun...

Edited by redtail hawk

you have to love Community Notes, a women who was fired for changing the numbers from the COVID era, who has been caught lying about her child, is caught lying again. @BillStime isn't she the one you quoted so much in 2020, who is now recognized by CNN as a conspiracy theorist. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

God help you.  You are so dumb.  Dude, people go into primary care to make 1/2 the money for double the work and BS.  Some of the finest people I know.  And smart as hell. I know.  I helped train some of them.  One med student I had from UVA already held a doctorate in astrophysics before entering med school.  He's now a neurosurgeon and a decent fly fisherman.  So degrade the Medical profession all u want, but I'll keep on swinging.  So far it's been fun...

1/2 the money for double the work- and you call me dumb?? 😂 

neurosurgeons are probably safe a few more years from being completely replaced by chatgpt.. 

26 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

1/2 the money for double the work- and you call me dumb?? 😂 

neurosurgeons are probably safe a few more years from being completely replaced by chatgpt.. 

not fun anymore.  not worth an acknowledgement of your existence.  irredeemable. waste of protoplasm.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Haha (+1) 1

Leftists lying ?  Good thing that I was sitting down.

CHARLES COOKE: Kamala Harris Is Brazenly Lying about Florida’s Slavery Curriculum.

NBC reports that Kamala Harris intends to visit Florida today to criticize its new school curriculum:

In remarks Thursday, Harris blasted efforts in some states to ban books and “push forward revisionist history.”

“Just yesterday in the state of Florida, they decided middle school students will be taught that enslaved people benefited from slavery,” she said at a convention for the traditionally Black sorority Delta Sigma Theta Inc. “They insult us in an attempt to gaslight us, and we will not stand for it.”

This is a brazen lie. It’s an astonishing lie. It’s an evil lie. It is so untrue — so deliberately and cynically misleading — that, in a sensible political culture, Harris would be obligated to issue an apology. Instead, NBC confirms that she will repeat the lie today during a speech in Jacksonville.

I have been trying to work out how best to illustrate the sheer scale of Harris’s falsehood, and I’ve come to the conclusion that the only way to achieve it is to list in one place all the relevant parts of the course about which she is complaining. So, below, I have copied and pasted every single reference to slavery, slaves, abolitionism, civil rights, and African Americans that is in the document. For those interested, the full curriculum (along with the curriculum for the teaching of the Holocaust) is here.

The list is extremely long. That’s because, pace Harris, there’s a lot in there. If you are able to read it and conclude that the single reference to slaves developing skills (which I’ve bolded) is indicative of the narrative direction of the course, rather than a tiny (and correct) part of it, then you are beyond saving and you deserve to live your life as an ignoramus.

Rest at the link:

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/kamala-harris-is-brazenly-lying-about-floridas-slavery-curriculum/

https://www.fldoe.org/core/fileparse.php/20653/urlt/6-4.pdf

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

All I know is your campaign is not off to a good start when even Kamala Harris is given the opportunity to own you. She's not a good speaker, but this is right in her wheelhouse and DeSantis was left whimpering about "not his idea to add this"

Why do you believe that slaves had no skills and were not hired after after slavery based on their skills? Do you actually believe that right after slavery, former slaves were given jobs out of kindness? If not give me the third option for being against the standard? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Orlando Tim said:

Why do you believe that slaves had no skills and were not hired after after slavery based on their skills? Do you actually believe that right after slavery, former slaves were given jobs out of kindness? If not give me the third option for being against the standard? 

I suspect he believes it to be true but he just doesn't want anyone saying it out loud.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Pokebball said:

I suspect he believes it to be true but he just doesn't want anyone saying it out loud.

It is truly insulting and racist to act as if slaves did not have skills to be good horse trainers, like Robert Greene, or good builders, who had built the southern plantations in the first place. To argue against it you must believe blacks need charity to succeed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

No doubt some slaves learned skills that they used productively once freed.

But it's ridiculously tone deaf. And I can't really think of an important reason to include it. So I must assume that it is included to satisfy the "America must not be presented as bad" guys. Think about similar jaw-droppingly stupid things we could say in a "fair and balanced" look at various atrocities.

- The Holocaust was the worst abuse of humanity in the history of the world. Having said that, some Jews who escaped with their lives had developed survival skills that contributed to their success in building the state of Israel.

- The Irish Potato Famine was caused or exacerbated by colonial British policies that led to the starvation and exodus of millions. But for those who survived and remained in Ireland, it spurred them to innovate and diversify their economy.

12 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

It is the logical outgrowth of a political stunt led by DeSantis. One that he doesn't have the guts to defend on the merits now. Oh, he'll take credit for changes to the curriculum. Just not this change, which he won't even bother to defend on the merits. "I didn't write it."

Kamala 1, Ron 0.

Ouch.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

But it's ridiculously tone deaf. And I can't really think of an important reason to include it. So I must assume that it is included to satisfy the "America must not be presented as bad" guys. Think about similar jaw-droppingly stupid things we could say in a "fair and balanced" look at various atrocities.

- The Holocaust was the worst abuse of humanity in the history of the world. Having said that, some Jews who escaped with their lives had developed survival skills that contributed to their success in building the state of Israel.

- The Irish Potato Famine was caused or exacerbated by colonial British policies that led to the starvation and exodus of millions. But for those who survived and remained in Ireland, it spurred them to innovate and diversify their economy.

It is the logical outgrowth of a political stunt led by DeSantis. One that he doesn't have the guts to defend on the merits now. Oh, he'll take credit for changes to the curriculum. Just not this change, which he won't even bother to defend on the merits. "I didn't write it."

Kamala 1, Ron 0.

Ouch.

You need to direct your partisan criticism to the two authors of this new curriculum. Wanna guess their race?

• Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Leftists lying ?  Good thing that I was sitting down.

CHARLES COOKE: Kamala Harris Is Brazenly Lying about Florida’s Slavery Curriculum.

NBC reports that Kamala Harris intends to visit Florida today to criticize its new school curriculum:

In remarks Thursday, Harris blasted efforts in some states to ban books and “push forward revisionist history.”

“Just yesterday in the state of Florida, they decided middle school students will be taught that enslaved people benefited from slavery,” she said at a convention for the traditionally Black sorority Delta Sigma Theta Inc. “They insult us in an attempt to gaslight us, and we will not stand for it.”

This is a brazen lie. It’s an astonishing lie. It’s an evil lie. It is so untrue — so deliberately and cynically misleading — that, in a sensible political culture, Harris would be obligated to issue an apology. Instead, NBC confirms that she will repeat the lie today during a speech in Jacksonville.

I have been trying to work out how best to illustrate the sheer scale of Harris’s falsehood, and I’ve come to the conclusion that the only way to achieve it is to list in one place all the relevant parts of the course about which she is complaining. So, below, I have copied and pasted every single reference to slavery, slaves, abolitionism, civil rights, and African Americans that is in the document. For those interested, the full curriculum (along with the curriculum for the teaching of the Holocaust) is here.

The list is extremely long. That’s because, pace Harris, there’s a lot in there. If you are able to read it and conclude that the single reference to slaves developing skills (which I’ve bolded) is indicative of the narrative direction of the course, rather than a tiny (and correct) part of it, then you are beyond saving and you deserve to live your life as an ignoramus.

Rest at the link:

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/kamala-harris-is-brazenly-lying-about-floridas-slavery-curriculum/

Shame that writers like this need to waste everyones time defending ridiculous, deliberately inflammatory, culture/class warfare policies

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

So in short based on these two examples, your position is;

Why focus on overcoming adversity when you can focus on victimization instead.

oh that’s right because if you convince people they are helpless victims, then they buy they need government to save them. It all ties together. 

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

So in short based on these two examples, your position is;

Why focus on overcoming adversity when you can focus on victimization instead.

oh that’s right because if you convince people they are helpless victims, then they buy they need government to save them. It all ties together. 

You can tell when a politician knows an argument is a loser. They do what DeSantis did: disclaim any knowledge or involvement in it, and hope that it blows away after this news cycle.

You can also tell when a politician knows an argument is a winner. They immediately try to focus attention on the gaffe, even sending one of their weaker surrogates (Kamala) right into the mix.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

You can tell when a politician knows an argument is a loser. They do what DeSantis did: disclaim any knowledge or involvement in it, and hope that it blows away after this news cycle.

You can also tell when a politician knows an argument is a winner. They immediately try to focus attention on the gaffe, even sending one of their weaker surrogates (Kamala) right into the mix.

you can tell when people are gullible unaware uninformed and easily misled too.  Here is the actual standards document.

please point out the proslavery propaganda?

how dare they focus on black Americans’ achievements?? This is terrible for our youth. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

8 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Teaching facts is now tone deaf? Teaching that black people had worth as real people, not just as slaves, is stupid? But it is great to picked the one event that helped shape america as much as any other event outside our borders. There are more Irish Americans in MA then all of Ireland, it is why I am here, and 7 of the past 9 presidents have all had the same ancestorial home. So mentioning the good that came from it does not forgive the sin but it allows us to see the fuller picture. Only a moron cares if a fact is uncomfortable, so long as you can learn from it. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Teaching facts is now tone deaf? Teaching that black people had worth as real people, not just as slaves, is stupid? But it is great to picked the one event that helped shape america as much as any other event outside our borders. There are more Irish Americans in MA then all of Ireland, it is why I am here, and 7 of the past 9 presidents have all had the same ancestorial home. So mentioning the good that came from it does not forgive the sin but it allows us to see the fuller picture. Only a moron cares if a fact is uncomfortable, so long as you can learn from it. 

And while not exactly akin to slavery, at one time the Irish immigrants were at the bottom of the melting pot, and so many could only take civil servant jobs (thus Irish cops). They used those opportunities to springboard themselves into the mainstream of America. Another inconvenient truth for those peddling in race hate. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

DeSantis rebooting his campaign and burning lots of $. Major donors/controllers losing faith. 

You claimed last week that DeSantis is getting a ton of money from Big Pharma, where did you get that? 

Wise words from a brilliant man. Maybe if pundits and commentators took the time to listen to Dr. Allen, the conversation would be productive and useful, rather than name calling and casting aspersions on well intended people.

55 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Even CNN . . . . . . . . lol

CNN Panelist Unloads on Kamala Harris, She 'Completely Made-up' Allegations About Florida's Curriculum

By Bob Hoge 

https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2023/07/23/auto-draft-96-n781148

and here we have a couple of pages here on PPP was wasted on the fake narrative about the Florida education curriculum, just because the usual suspects hate Governor Desantis. 

the absolutely ridiculous aspect of this latest tirade is, yes, there is a history section about the skills slaves developed…. Sorry. It happened. And it’s In between a lot of great African American achievements and and pointing to the tyranny of slavery. 

liberal brainwashed idiots might actually be the biggest problem 

• Agree 1

On 7/22/2023 at 8:13 PM, SoCal Deek said:

And while not exactly akin to slavery, at one time the Irish immigrants were at the bottom of the melting pot, and so many could only take civil servant jobs (thus Irish cops). They used those opportunities to springboard themselves into the mainstream of America. Another inconvenient truth for those peddling in race hate. 

yeah, they weren't slaves.  Some were indentured servants but I'll bet few of those became "lace Irish"...

https://www.irishcentral.com/roots/shanty-lace-curtain-irish

This isn't really a culture war, now is it?

Edited by redtail hawk

On 7/22/2023 at 11:30 AM, The Frankish Reich said:

Your statement now is even funnier since we have learned that a panel of black scholars had worked to get this standard added to the curriculum. Your comment that these black scholars are "jaw-droppingly stupid" might be the most racist thing on this board since you believe that these facts are not worthy of your time and how dare they insult you. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2023/07/24/cnn-commentator-rips-kamala-harris-over-claim-about-fla-slavery-curriculum/amp/

• Dislike 1

“Any attempt to reduce slaves to just victims of oppression fails to recognize their strength, courage and resiliency during a difficult time in American history,” the joint statement said. “Florida students deserve to learn how slaves took advantage of whatever circumstances they were in to benefit themselves and the community of African descendants.”

362640414_666776775478313_62332967150164

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Your statement now is even funnier since we have learned that a panel of black scholars had worked to get this standard added to the curriculum. Your comment that these black scholars are "jaw-droppingly stupid" might be the most racist thing on this board since you believe that these facts are not worthy of your time and how dare they insult you. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2023/07/24/cnn-commentator-rips-kamala-harris-over-claim-about-fla-slavery-curriculum/amp/

Maybe you want to compare what I actually said to how you've characterized it.

I thought you were better than this. I've actually asked for you to share your experience as an educator regarding some points of agreement or disagreement. This is the worst kind of response.

On 7/22/2023 at 9:30 AM, The Frankish Reich said:

Think about similar jaw-droppingly stupid things we could say in a "fair and balanced" look at various atrocities.

What I actually said. 

28 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Maybe you want to compare what I actually said to how you've characterized it.

I thought you were better than this. I've actually asked for you to share your experience as an educator regarding some points of agreement or disagreement. This is the worst kind of response.

What I actually said. 

Your comment was that the topic was too jaw droppingly stupid to discuss despite being factually accurate. You were so busy being political that you were extremely insulting to anyone who could think was a good idea. Your opinion appears to have changed when the person presenting it was changed to different race. I will ask directly, do you still think the standard is stupid?

• Thank you (+1) 2