DeSantis For President in 2024?

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

This is an actual Florida problem that the Governor should be addressing. And there's nothing "woke" about it; Farmers and other insurers exiting Florida is purely a business decision. The risk of a rash of hurricane-related claims simply exceeds the benefit of selling policies there.

At some point you gotta shut up about everything being "woke" and actually develop policies that deal with problems actual Floridians are facing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 7/16/2023 at 9:17 AM, All_Pro_Bills said:

Combine DCBC where access to funds vs. physical money can be controlled with ESG personalized social credit scores that determine what "privileges" you have "earned" and you get the idea of what the plan is for you is when you're transformed into a subject of the State vs. a citizen of the Republic.  The fight is against concentration of government and corporate power and control.  Break up the government, break up the corporations!  Push power back to the local level.  Just what those old-fashioned liberals used to fight for decades ago.  Today's libs, just the opposite.  

Did someone mention fairy tales?

This campaign might be the biggest flop in history, starting with the botched twitter announcement. Giuliani comes to mind for other huge flops.

He basically decided to skip Iowa because he said it wasn’t important and focus on SC and Florida instead, then got crushed in those 2 states and was out of the race. That was the infamous “Noun, Verb, 911” campaign.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/desantis-primary-fundraising-republican-primary-b2376828.html?utm_source=reddit.com

Edited by Governor

1 hour ago, Dr.Sack said:

Trump at 50 means the primary is over. Expect Trump to be at 60 by Sept, 70 by Oct, and 90 by Dec. GOP primary is essentially over.

As long as he shows up and doesn't take it for granted.

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d729jddnzlggvqk5en25

I actually just saw this on Twitter today and it would make me laugh if not for the fact that the lie has a purpose. I was hanging out with 4 American History teachers tonight, one who is my wife, and they all were surprised by this headline. They looked up the standard and it is in regards to reconstruction and many slaves used the skills they learned to make a living after slavery ended. Examples would be Uncle Nearest of bourbon fame and Robert Green of Belle Meade. If you read the whole standard then there is no confusion, you have to be lying sack of crap to be present what Billsy has presented. Billsy once again how do you determine what is true?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

I actually just saw this on Twitter today and it would make me laugh if not for the fact that the lie has a purpose. I was hanging out with 4 American History teachers tonight, one who is my wife, and they all were surprised by this headline. They looked up the standard and it is in regards to reconstruction and many slaves used the skills they learned to make a living after slavery ended. Examples would be Uncle Nearest of bourbon fame and Robert Green of Belle Meade. If you read the whole standard then there is no confusion, you have to be lying sack of crap to be present what Billsy has presented. Billsy once again how do you determine what is true?

Was slavery a positive good for black people? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

Just more of the same lies they use to get their minions' feelz up.

9 minutes ago, Governor said:

On average, Florida homeowners pay over $4,200 per year for home insurance, triple the national average of $1,700, according to data from the Insurance Information Institute

Oh dear.

If you live on the coast your insurance is very high, just like every state, we simply have a much larger portion of our state along the coast. In Orlando I pay 800 more than a similarly priced home in Rochester. My property taxes are about at least 5000 less than a similarly house in Rochester. So I think it balances out. 

11 minutes ago, Governor said:

On average, Florida homeowners pay over $4,200 per year for home insurance, triple the national average of $1,700, according to data from the Insurance Information Institute

Oh dear.

Yeah and that red algae bloom is gonna be bad one of these years.  In seriousness,  it's how the insurance companies have the highest buildings in several cities.  They know what they're betting on.

4 hours ago, gobills404 said:

If by some long shot he actually did the GOP primary, what do we think the O/U is on how many indictments against him would materialize out of thin air before election day? My bet would be over 2.5.

I don’t think you have to worry about that. He would have to hire the best consultants in the business starting next week to turn this thing around. Problem is, the best consultants don’t like him and won’t work for a mini-Trump. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Governor said:

I don’t think you have to worry about that. He would have to hire the best consultants in the business starting next week to turn this thing around. Problem is, the best consultants don’t like him and won’t work for a mini-Trump. 

telling you. the right needs an ACT blue/Priorities USA system (money and marketing) to ensure only approved people get on the ticket.

9 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Wait a minute. I was told that Ron DeSantis is smart. 

Looks like the Florida Democratic party is just a clown car, and he was running up the score. 

Ever since he started fighting opposition with the cash, discipline, and brains to fight back, he's looked like a hump. 

• Like (+1) 1

from Medscape yesterday about the title "doctor":  "State lawmakers’ attempts to clarify the roles of physicians and nurse practitioners have seen mixed results. Florida legislators recently passed a billto prevent advanced practice nurses from using the honorific title, reserving it only for MDs and DOs. Gov. Ron DeSantis vetoed it last month."

He just lost whatever doctor votes he still had.

More to the point, WTF?

59 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

from Medscape yesterday about the title "doctor":  "State lawmakers’ attempts to clarify the roles of physicians and nurse practitioners have seen mixed results. Florida legislators recently passed a billto prevent advanced practice nurses from using the honorific title, reserving it only for MDs and DOs. Gov. Ron DeSantis vetoed it last month."

He just lost whatever doctor votes he still had.

More to the point, WTF?

Seems kinda basic. 

are nurse practitioners in Florida calling themselves doctors?  

6 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Seems kinda basic. 

are nurse practitioners in Florida calling themselves doctors?  

They are trying to. The article started with a case in a cali court  2 np’s are suing to use the title. The state med board fined them $20k for advertising themselves as doctors. They hold a doctorate in nursing but the state says it’s misleading to patients   I agree

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

They are trying to. The article started with a case in a cali ct. 2 no’s are suing to use the title. The state med board fined them $20k for advertising themselves as doctors. The hold a doctorate in nursing but the state says it’s misleading to patients 

Thats nuts.

I myself would find that very misleading. I know my primary is a practitioner. that reports to my doctor that actually went to medical school.

Nursing Doctorates are about Nurse management/teaching/administrative positions.

Here is an online nurse DR degree they say you can get in 2 years.

https://go.chamberlain.edu/DNP?VTN=71700000084500044_58700007155032184&vc=301227&utm_sc=SC_1f268e95bff56133c50ab8de1685e004bSC_2doctor+nursing+doctor&utm_source=MICROSOFT&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=cu_post-dnp_bing_national_searchnb_lead_all_all_onl_eng_853400_null&utm_keywordid=p64297001424&utm_device=c&utm_keymatch=null&utm_campaign_id=71700000084500044&utm_creative_id=null-text-null&utm_content=DNP-General&utm_ad_id={ad_id}&utm_placement=null&gclid=f268e95bff56133c50ab8de1685e004b&gclsrc=3p.ds&msclkid=f268e95bff56133c50ab8de1685e004b&utm_term=doctor nursing doctor

https://online.maryville.edu/lpppc-dnp/?&msclkid=7671975c02311cc3feb5f3e69539f81a&gclid=7671975c02311cc3feb5f3e69539f81a&gclsrc=3p.ds

Edited by Chris farley
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

They are trying to. The article started with a case in a cali court  2 np’s are suing to use the title. The state med board fined them $20k for advertising themselves as doctors. They hold a doctorate in nursing but the state says it’s misleading to patients   I agree

What’s the difference… as long as they can enter symptoms into webMD they are as good as any other doctor that reads the labs print out and prescribe pills for symptoms… 

Cant wait for AI doctors to dethrone out the AMA cartel… 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

What’s the difference… as long as they can enter symptoms into webMD they are as good as any other doctor that reads the labs print out and prescribe pills for symptoms… 

Cant wait for AI doctors to dethrone out the AMA cartel… 

umm the big difference is training and then residency.  Oh, and difficult board certification.  It's like the difference between a lawyer and paralegal (actually that difference is often smaller in terms of years of schooling).  But you go to AI when there's a difficult dx.  That'll serve you right...and I wouldn't wish you on my colleagues.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

umm the big difference is training and then residency.  Oh, and difficult board certification.  It's like the difference between a lawyer and paralegal (actually that difference is often smaller in terms of years of schooling).  But you go to AI when there's a difficult dx.  That'll serve you right...and I wouldn't wish you on my colleagues.

Difficult dx AI is going to crush it. They are already catching a 30% error rate on scopes with AI. There are some great doctors and nurses out there, but it’s not the standard and there are tons of ***** ones that don’t dx, it’s  throw drugs at symptoms, no root cause analysis and regurgitate protocols from the 1970s. 

amazing how much we pay per capita for such a relatively poor level of care and no accountability for outcomes.