Schedule Leaks

49 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Josh was hurt during that stretch. 

What excuse do you have baked in for the defense?

1 hour ago, One Buffalo said:

Which of those first 4 games are they going to lose?  No guarantees obviously, but none of those are scary by any means.  Should be favored in all of them.  PIT is the toughest of the 4 IMO.  

Miami away in September when it's going to be 95 degrees.

1 hour ago, One Buffalo said:

Which of those first 4 games are they going to lose?  No guarantees obviously, but none of those are scary by any means.  Should be favored in all of them.  PIT is the toughest of the 4 IMO.  

Miami is going to be a damn good team, and they'll be hungry to beat us.

Washington is also going to be damn, damn good.

Pittsburgh is eager to beat us after we beat them 2x.

Tough early season schedule for the Bills

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli

5 hours ago, Mango said:

But he has Sunday ticket....

This reminds me of a guy I used to work with when I lived in OKC. He grew up an OSU fan, but he said he was also an OU fan. I asked how the fudge that could be the case. Like I could be a fan of both because I was just a transplant. But you can't just grow up a "fan" then also suddenly be a "fan" of your cross town rival. His response was "My wife got season tickets through work, and you can't go to X OU games per year and not be a fan". College football fandom is weird to me sometimes.

It is also a good reminder that every town, team, school, etc. thinks they have the best fans in the world, but most don't. Most don't. You would almost never catch a GB fan rooting for the Vikings. I can't imagine really anybody in the AFCN getting season tickets to any other team. But Patriots fans? Sure they'll root for the Bills when the wind blows the right way. 

Some people just don't get it. 

My Dad is an OSU fan who enjoys watching OU games.....mostly at the end of the year when they choke.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Miami is going to be a damn good team, and they'll be hungry to beat us.

Washington is also going to be damn, damn good.

Pittsburgh is eager to beat us after we beat them 2x.

Tough early season schedule for the Bills

Pitt is eager to beat us... I just don't think they are talented enough to. Agree Washington will be good but they are limited still on offense. I think they will give us a fright but Bills win. Agree though that overall that first 6 games is one of the tougher stretches. Only Houston in there is a gimme. 

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

A little surprised we would only get one primetime at home. I thought the league would want to show what great fans Bills are in primetime. It's not like we have had many of them over the last 20 years.

They want us to build a new stadium.

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Pitt is eager to beat us... I just don't think they are talented enough to. Agree Washington will be good but they are limited still on offense. I think they will give us a fright but Bills win. Agree though that overall that first 6 games is one of the tougher stretches. Only Houston in there is a gimme. 

Only thing that bothers me about that game is we get Big Ben when his arm will be at it's strongest this year.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, mattynh said:

So we get Fitz at the beginning of the season when he plays well!?!?

I actually have that game as a loss. Not as much because of Fitz but they have s good team overall and just needed a guy who could make throws. Their DL scares me and their WR are super fast. 

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, One Buffalo said:

I guess I am just not that scared of Miami.  Sure they are improved, but I think we will come away with the W.  

Josh owns Miami. Sure, they could win, but as long as we have Josh, I’m never worried about them. 

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Tally-Ho!

im thinking Jags game will be across the pond..😱🤦‍♂️

Haha that would be funny,  I must have heard right from nfl network this morning.

Anyways, Chandler can you direct message me please, I have a couple moderator questions

nevermind guess the bills wont be going to London according to the sportsbar with danger and battaglia

Edited by just1hugheser

33 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I just think our O is going to be too good. 

2 of our top 3 WR (Diggs,Davis) were 1st year players with Buf. 

With a full off season,  I really think we're looking at the best O in the game. Better than KC and borderline unstoppable. 

I also feel our defense will look like the final 8 games (top 3) vs the first 8 gms (bottom 10). 

We're a really good team,  I know it's hard to win in this league but we have a top 3 QB, phenomenal coaching and Front Office. Its SB or bust for me! 

8 minutes ago, just1hugheser said:

Haha that would be funny,  I must have heard right from nfl network this morning.

Anyways, Chandler can you direct message me please, I have a couple moderator questions

Rules and guidelines are posted on the front page. No @Gugnyis not Jerry Sullivan.🤦‍♂️

Hes actually worse!😳

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

What excuse do you have baked in for the defense?

Miami away in September when it's going to be 95 degrees.

The linebackers and Tre were hurt.  I think Levi was out for one of those games.  Throw in the Covid disruption.  

They may have lost those games regardless but it would have been different if those factors were not a part of it.

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I just think our O is going to be too good. 

2 of our top 3 WR (Diggs,Davis) were 1st year players with Buf. 

With a full off season,  I really think we're looking at the best O in the game. Better than KC and borderline unstoppable. 

I also feel our defense will look like the final 8 games (top 3) vs the first 8 gms (bottom 10). 

We're a really good team,  I know it's hard to win in this league but we have a top 3 QB, phenomenal coaching and Front Office. Its SB or bust for me! 

Too good for what? For us to have tough games? That would be a first in league history. We could win the Superbowl, I agree. But our first 6 games is still a tricky stretch. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, just1hugheser said:

ok but how would i change being able to start a thread, or direct message someone

You have to be here longer, post more. We need to know who we’re dealing with first. Can’t have another @ScottLaw or -heaven forbid, another @YoloinOhio. That **it won’t fly! 

Welcome aboard and behave yourself!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

You have to be here longer, post more. We need to know who we’re dealing with first. Can’t have another @ScottLaw or -heaven forbid, another @YoloinOhio. That **it won’t fly! 

Welcome aboard and behave yourself!

lol ok not a big deal, was just confused because i saw some other newbie start a thread and he had like 5 total posts.  I've been around since 1982, and was originally posting on the old buffalobills.com message board before they closed it, then came over here but was just reading for awhile before i decided to jump in and post as well.

Thanks all for the help.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

The linebackers and Tre were hurt.  I think Levi was out for one of those games.  Throw in the Covid disruption.  

They may have lost those games regardless but it would have been different if those factors were not a part of it.

The AFC Championship was not different.  They got whipped just as badly and all of those people played in that game.

20 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Too good for what? For us to have tough games? That would be a first in league history. We could win the Superbowl, I agree. But our first 6 games is still a tricky stretch. 

You're 100% right.

Majority of games are close.

I do think the O is going to potentially be an All Time unit, I guess that's my bold take of the off season and if the D can play to their top 5 potential,  I can see it getting ugly for alot of teams. 

12 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

The AFC Championship was not different.  They got whipped just as badly and all of those people played in that game.

I think that's why they went back to back on the DL in the draft, to beat KC , they need a consistent pass rush and more length and physicality on the DL. 

We barely laid a finger on Patty, I trust McDermott and Beane will fix this . 

22 minutes ago, just1hugheser said:

lol ok not a big deal, was just confused because i saw some other newbie start a thread and he had like 5 total posts.  I've been around since 1982, and was originally posting on the old buffalobills.com message board before they closed it, then came over here but was just reading for awhile before i decided to jump in and post as well.

Thanks all for the help.

Welcome aboard.  I’ve enjoyed reading your posts.  Very informative and knowledgeable you are  🤗

4 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I think that's why they went back to back on the DL in the draft, to beat KC , they need a consistent pass rush and more length and physicality on the DL. 

We barely laid a finger on Patty, I trust McDermott and Beane will fix this . 

The two teams who beat him in 2020 pressured him on more than 50% of his drop backs. That is why for all I do think you can build back to front on defense in the modern NFL given how pass happy it is, KC are a team you have to beat much more up front. You have to get Mahomes off his spot. Tampa's DBs might be a tad underrated, but nobody is confusing the Raiders secondary with the Legion of Boom. They just got enough pressure and of course scored on offense. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Agree 1

i love the schedule. a bye week about a third of the way through, another about 2/3 of the way through with the TNF to MNF. if they win the first seed, they will then have 3 evenly spaced out bye weeks.

Edited by GETTOTHE50
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The two teams who beat him in 2020 pressured him on more than 50% of his drop backs. That is why for all I do think you can build back to front on defense in the modern NFL given how pass happy it is, KC are a team you have to beat much more up front. You have to get Mahomes off his spot. Tampa's DBs might be a tad underrated, but nobody is confusing the Raiders secondary with the Legion of Boom. They just got enough pressure and of course scored on offense. 

Couldn't agree more. 

I always remember McDermott saying how much bigger and physical they were up front and no surprise we added 3 physical freaks for the DL. Our 1st 2 draft picks and Eke from Carolina.  

Edited by JerseyBills

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea absolutely... just don't see them going 6-0 in division again. Miamis improved and have to think hungry to beat us.... I expect us to drop one against them and maybe NE. 

11-12 wins sounds about right, IMO.

Miami has Tua, they haven't improved.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Yea absolutely... just don't see them going 6-0 in division again. Miamis improved and have to think hungry to beat us.... I expect us to drop one against them and maybe NE. 

11-12 wins sounds about right, IMO.

I'd take it.  Would love a bye or a couple home playoff games but honestly just get in and anything can happen.  This team is set to consistently make the playoffs, and win games for a number of years. that's all you can ask.

14 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I think you'll see him get better.... not sure but I don't think it's fair to just disregard a QB based on his first year in the league.

I admit to giving Tua a lot of crap on forums and social media. It's fun to rile up Dolphins fans.

That being said, I also realize it's completely unfair. He was coming off of surgery and, aside from physical rehab, also had to contend with the weirdest offseason/non-offseason in recent memory. It's somewhat unreasonable to judge a rookie QB too harshly even under the best of circumstances, and it's CERTAINLY unreasonable to judge one given the circumstances through which Tua came into the league.

On the other hand....Herbert had the weird offseason/non-offseason, too, and he had a pretty damned good rookie season. Sure, he didn't have rehab from surgery to contend with, but he still looked miles ahead of Tua.

We'll see what this year brings. Lord knows that if a book on Josh Allen's career was written after just his rookie year, it wouldn't be a very flattering story.

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I think you'll see him get better.... not sure but I don't think it's fair to just disregard a QB based on his first year in the league.

Its definitely not fair but tua just reminds me of so many past bills qbs. Where in the moment we all had hope but in hind sight there really wasn't any reason for said hope

• Like (+1) 1

Honestly, it's a pretty tough schedule.

I'm a little irked by the fact that the Pats can dominate for 20 years, and have completely lame division competition the ENTIRE time - and once the Bills are good and ready to dominate, the division becomes one of the toughest in the NFL.

Still, it's more fun that way.  Love the rivalries when it gets competitive.