RUMOR: Patriots working on a contract for Jimmy G. for a deal with 49ers

CNY315

5 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

Best Damn Sports Show Period was ahead of its time. It might really have been the best sports show, period..

Never will understand the Roseanne Barr stage though

13 minutes ago, PonyBoy said:

You guys realize if Shanahan wasn't being Shanahan Jimmy G would have a Super Bowl ring. Deservedly so by the way. 

How exciting he threw like 10 passes in the playoffs 

• Disagree 1

47 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Good! I'd rather Jimmy G than someone with real upside like Fields or Lance.

I wonder if they'll pay him on a per-game basis...

As for Lance, he looks like another never-will like Jordan Love.  But time will tell.

53 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Makes sense.  I just don't see Belichick wanting to develop a rookie QB.

totally disagree. He has nothing left to prove and Fields is Newton Mach II but with a non-injured arm. Why do it the Brady way again? He has already cemented his position as the greatest coach in NFL history. He's just about 70. He's gonna live a little and try something different.

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I know right? Ugh. So annoying that Shanahan missed so many throws with the game on the line. 

True.  But he would have had a ring with the Falcons if he'd run the ball 3 straight times after that Jones catch and then kicked a FG.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

totally disagree. He has nothing left to prove and Fields is Newton Mach II but with a non-injured arm. Why do it the Brady way again? He has already cemented his position as the greatest coach in NFL history. He's just about 70. He's gonna live a little and try something different.

Yeah.  He's going with two slices of bologna on his sandwich now.  You do it the Brady way again because he won six Super Bowls that way.

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Yolo: Their offense is built for Newton, and they have the heir apparent in Fields. I've been predicting this for a month now. Don't hate what you can't control!

Who does?

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Yeah.  He's going with two slices of bologna on his sandwich now.  You do it the Brady way again because he won six Super Bowls that way.

He was the DC for the Giants when their dominating Ds won two SBs. He has 8 rings, and his coordination is why the Giants beat a far better Bills team in 1991. He really doesn't care at this point - his legacy is complete. 

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Who does?

The Pats, if they take him. 

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

Maybe, if.  I'm still not sold on him.  But I can't see the 49'ers actually taking Mac Jones over him.  I just can't.

I don't profess to know anything, but I don't see SF taking Fields at all. Maybe Lance, but not Fields. I think it's either Jones or Lance, with my money on Jones. But I could be wrong. Regardless, I don't see Fields in SF at all. We'll see.

6 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I don't profess to know anything, but I don't see SF taking Fields at all. Maybe Lance, but not Fields. I think it's either Jones or Lance, with my money on Jones. But I could be wrong. Regardless, I don't see Fields in SF at all. We'll see.

Lance if a project.  Shanahan needs to win sooner rather than later.  Jones IMHO isn't going to be a good pro and taking him 3rd overall would be a joke.  But they moved up to 3 and it can only be for a QB, so I have to believe it's Fields.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Lance if a project.  Shanahan needs to win sooner rather than later.  Jones IMHO isn't going to be a good pro and taking him 3rd overall would be a joke.  But they moved up to 3 and it can only be for a QB, so I have to believe it's Fields.

Just my opinion, but I think Fields would probably bomb in SF. For an immediate winner, I'd take Mac Jones any day of the week, at least in the context of the SF scheme. That's not to say he'll be better five years down the road, but as you say Shanahan needs to have a winning season.