Phillip Lindsay to Texans

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Texans building something 

I'd argue they're going about it mostly the wrong way (some weird acquisitions/fits and overpays on some of their 20+ signings), but this is a good move for them no doubt. Whatever they're doing, I hope it keeps Watson in Houston and far away from our division!

Just now, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

I'd argue they're going about it mostly the wrong way (some weird acquisitions/fits and overpays on some of their 20+ signings), but this is a good move for them no doubt. Whatever they're doing, I hope it keeps Watson in Houston and far away from our division!

Im kind of joking but I do like this move for them

• Like (+1) 1

Well Brandon Beane is the best GM the Bills have had in a generation BUT I think he missed one here.

Lindsay singed on the cheap to Houston which makes me think Beane wasn't even thinking about him.

Too bad.

Edit to add:  Kelly Skipper is the RB Coach.  He should have had some input in this too.

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Is Matt Breida still available ?

He ran a 4.38 at his pro day a few years ago.

Yes.  He is one of a couple other vets I think could improve the RB room now that Lindsay is gone.

If the Bills go to improve the position I think another rookie is a weaker choice than a cheap vet.

16 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Wow. They have 2-3 guys that would be an upgrade over everyone we have 😟

If we actually were interested in running the ball, maybe. I doubt Ingram and Johnson are really upgrades at this point in their careers tho.

5 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Well, this was the guy I wanted, hopefully Brandon Beane has a better option.

Lets not go cheap on TEs & RBs, it's killing us

Yeah, his name is Travis Etienne.

5 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Well, this was the guy I wanted, hopefully Brandon Beane has a better option.

Lets not go cheap on TEs & RBs, it's killing us

I was hoping for him or another veteran to give some experience and leadership to the RBs.

I guess they might go to the draft for another RB like @Big Turk said above.

16 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Well Brandon Beane is the best GM the Bills have had in a generation BUT I think he missed one here.

Lindsay singed on the cheap to Houston which makes me think Beane wasn't even thinking about him.

Too bad.

Edit to add:  Kelly Skipper is the RB Coach.  He should have had some input in this too.

How do you know if Lindsay even wanted to come here?  We have two RB’s that we’ve drafted recently, couldn’t run it at all last year and we throw it more than NFL team.  

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

How do you know if Lindsay even wanted to come here?  We have two RB’s that we’ve drafted recently, couldn’t run it at all last year and we throw it more than NFL team.  

I didn't at all.  I seldom "pine" for any player but in this case I thought he would add an element to the RB position we lacked.

He signed for a lot less than I expected and did go to Houston which has a much more crowded RB room than the Bills.

I'll get over it.

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I didn't at all.  I seldom "pine" for any player but in this case I thought he would add an element to the RB position we lacked.

He signed for a lot less than I expected and did go to Houston which has a much more crowded RB room than the Bills.

I'll get over it.

Mark Ingram is 31 and Johnson is 29.  
I don’t even know if Ingram makes the team.  Both Singletary and Moss have to pay more for rent a cars.

I actually had Lindsay as a desirable FA target for my wish list.  But we can’t just assume we get everyone we want as fans.

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

IMG_5453.JPG

928C6168-CAA1-4E71-B07E-A5A23B09BABB.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Mark Ingram is 31 and Johnson is 29.  
I don’t even know if Ingram makes the team.  Both Singletary and Moss have to pay more for rent a cars.

I actually had Lindsay as a desirable FA target for my wish list.  But we can’t just assume we get everyone we want as fans.

As fans we seldom know what if anything went on behind the scenes.

It would be interesting to know what Lindsay would of done if the Bills had an interest and offered $3.5M.

As of right now if nothing is done in FA I could see a pick going to a RB with a totally different style than Moss and Singletary.

That would be a big bruiser or a speedy guy that can turn the edge.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Not sure. And I'm not saying we should have paid them given our cap situation. But Philip Lindsey and David Johnson are head and shoulders above anyone we have IMO.

Did you see Lindsay's stats for 2020?