Allen delivers the knockout punch to the Dolphins by audibling to "Balboa"...shows command of offense

Big Turk

In a rare departure from Allen's "White 20...White 20...Hut!" call for the ball,

First Allen audibles "Balboa, Balboa"

Then he points at a defender and yells "Revert! Revert!" to McKenzie who went in motion and then comes back the other way...

And we even get everyone's favorite "Omaha!" call to snap the ball!

Allen had diagnosed a blitz, audibled to a call to beat it and then sent McKenzie over to pick up free runner Eric Rowe, which ended up being the key block on the play allowing Allen to hit Brown on his deep TD to make it 28-6 before halftime.

Damn this dude has it all...recognition, understanding and execution...

Also...look at Zach Moss absolutely stoning his man with a Tecmo Bowl style block and not even letting him get anywhere near Allen...the RB's have been EXCEPTIONAL in pass pro all year.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 12
  • Thank you (+1) 4

That was BEAUTIFUL  what a touch and you know that every time Allen throws a beautiful ball Nick Wright throws the remote and dies a little inside 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Doc said:

That was Brown torching the Dols' highest-paid player.  That's what he brings to the table.

He did torch him but without Josh Allen’s shoulder pump fake it wouldn’t have been that easy.   The shoulder pump fake by Josh caused Byron to bite for the slant and once that happened it was over.

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, Magox said:

He did torch him but without Josh Allen’s shoulder pump fake it wouldn’t have been that easy.   The shoulder pump fake by Josh caused Byron to bite for the slant and once that happened it was over.

I still can't get over the Tecmo Bowl style block by Moss. It's like they were locked up in a grappling match.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Doc said:

That was Brown torching the Dols' highest-paid player.  That's what he brings to the table.

yep. there are some more suggestive analogies that came to mind.
But yes . He was walked to school and back home again.

Thing of beauty from top to bottom.
Some smart and focused players across that offense. For Allen to switch up that hard and execute.

and yes

Josh Allen IS all that. and bag of donuts   :)

Just now, 3rdand12 said:

Some smart and focused players across that offense. For Allen to switch up that hard and execute.

and yes

was that Howard  ?

35 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

That’s high-level pre-snap read and audible use. It reminds me so much of Peyton Manning in his prime. Man it’s great to think that’s our guy and he’s only 24 and still has more ceiling to reach.

To paraphrase Dion Dawkins, Josh has no ceiling. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

and yes

was that Howard  ?

Byron Jones.

1 hour ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

That’s high-level pre-snap read and audible use. It reminds me so much of Peyton Manning in his prime. Man it’s great to think that’s our guy and he’s only 24 and still has more ceiling to reach.

I think Allen's ceiling is on the penthouse apartment of a very tall building.  He'll pass through many lower ceilings as he continues to improve. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight..."

We got a whole bunch of dogs and they all play like Rottweilers and Pit Bulls no matter if they are the size of chihuahua's

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Putin said:

That was BEAUTIFUL  what a touch and you know that every time Allen throws a beautiful ball Nick Wright throws the remote and dies a little inside 

as does Terry Bradshaw, who said emphatically at the half the KC game that Josh would never be an accurate QB.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Putin said:

He is the one guy who I would never donate to his charity... Unless his charity is him not being on air anymore.

14 hours ago, Big Turk said:

In a rare departure from Allen's "White 20...White 20...Hut!" call for the ball,

First Allen audibles "Balboa, Balboa"

Then he points at a defender and yells "Revert! Revert!" to McKenzie who went in motion and then comes back the other way...

And we even get everyone's favorite "Omaha!" call to snap the ball!

Allen had diagnosed a blitz, audibled to a call to beat it and then sent McKenzie over to pick up free runner Eric Rowe, which ended up being the key block on the play allowing Allen to hit Brown on his deep TD to make it 28-6 before halftime.

Damn this dude has it all...recognition, understanding and execution...

Also...look at Zach Moss absolutely stoning his man with a Tecmo Bowl style block and not even letting him get anywhere near Allen...the RB's have been EXCEPTIONAL in pass pro all year.

I was listening to GR55 on my lunch at about 2pm.... Brown and Tasker show and heard a caller talk about this play call /audible.

I hope Daboll stays here Josh and him have a really rare chemistry between OC and QB that doesn't grow on trees. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Doc said:

Gives me absolute chills that he might be the Bills third best option on a route but could be the first.  Who can guard Beasley, Diggs and Brown all at once.  And if you are that deep we will just pull out Davis or even a seldom used but a reliable McKenzie.  And if you are that deep now you have to worry about a burner like Stills.

• Like (+1) 1

I saw this as a sick throw before you pointed out to me that Josh also audibled to place Isaiah in perfect position to stonewall the blitz to set everything up. The pass was a dart that somehow nosedived into JBs hands right before the end line. We are witnessing a level of performance in Buffalo not seen since the days of Hasek. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Thanks to Turk for posting that.  It's really interesting to watch.   Allen's voice has some urgency - the tone says "hey!  listen up!  change!  change!"   Then he sets McKenzie in motion, but McKenzie doesn't understand, it seems, what Allen wants, so Allen puts him right there in the slot on the left, right in front of the DB who's going to be blitzing.  Allen saw it all and made sure everyone got ready.   All of that leading to the perfect execution by Brown and Allen. 

Marvelous. 

Thanks.  

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Thanks to Turk for posting that.  It's really interesting to watch.   Allen's voice has some urgency - the tone says "hey!  listen up!  change!  change!"   Then he sets McKenzie in motion, but McKenzie doesn't understand, it seems, what Allen wants, so Allen puts him right there in the slot on the left, right in front of the DB who's going to be blitzing.  Allen saw it all and made sure everyone got ready.   All of that leading to the perfect execution by Brown and Allen. 

Marvelous. 

Thanks.  

What has been really fun to watch for much of the year and especially post bye is that teams try and blitz us with 6 or even 7 at times and their blitzes literally get swallowed up with nobody even close to Allen and he still has time to sit there and strike downfield against man coverage.  It almost looks like the Bills protection is an amoeba that just envelops the blitzers at times and they kind of just get lost in a bunch of bodies. So impressive to watch in real time.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

I was listening to GR55 on my lunch at about 2pm.... Brown and Tasker show and heard a caller talk about this play call /audible.

I hope Daboll stays here Josh and him have a really rare chemistry between OC and QB that doesn't grow on trees. 

I feel like this clip, and the others from this season where Josh calls his own play/audibles at the line, show that Josh is all grown up now and if we lose Daboll, he will be just fine.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/5/2021 at 7:34 PM, Doc said:

Byron Jones.

Thanks. Howard is on the Other side  ?

13 hours ago, bmur66 said:

A thing of beauty. Brings a tear to my eye. Or it may be the habanero jerky. Not sure

Likely the jerky. 

:)

13 hours ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Gives me absolute chills that he might be the Bills third best option on a route but could be the first.  Who can guard Beasley, Diggs and Brown all at once.  And if you are that deep we will just pull out Davis or even a seldom used but a reliable McKenzie.  And if you are that deep now you have to worry about a burner like Stills.

and Gabriel and the HBs coming out if the back field. You can't.

and if you do?

Lee Smith is is wide open in the end zone. and yes. catches it :) again

11 hours ago, Big Turk said:

What has been really fun to watch for much of the year and especially post bye is that teams try and blitz us with 6 or even 7 at times and their blitzes literally get swallowed up with nobody even close to Allen and he still has time to sit there and strike downfield against man coverage.  It almost looks like the Bills protection is an amoeba that just envelops the blitzers at times and they kind of just get lost in a bunch of bodies. So impressive to watch in real time.

It's unnatural. The Amoeba thing. When they are not punching faces  lol.
Embrace it.

But yep. Doing a nice job with most every type of D rush nearly. Super impressive. When Josh checked out of that Miami "sugar " defense with a timeout shows again how aware he is of what defense is trying and how His Offense is reading it. hence the timeout ? 

Smart players we have all around. 

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yup.

My bad then. Thanks.  Are they not two of the higher paid Corners ?  Miami spent on defense, waiting on to see about Tua. Like Bills did drafting Allen.

now Chan gone and Fitz i guess. they might need a do over for creating an Offense like ours in just 3 years :)

14 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

It's unnatural. The Amoeba thing. When they are not punching faces  lol.
Embrace it.

But yep. Doing a nice job with most every type of D rush nearly. Super impressive. When Josh checked out of that Miami "sugar " defense with a timeout shows again how aware he is of what defense is trying and how His Offense is reading it. hence the timeout ? 

Smart players we have all around. 

I like the one where they go play action and moves the pocket with usually like Lee Smith and another player (want to say Knox/TE) and throws from that as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 3rdand12 said:

My bad then. Thanks.  Are they not two of the higher paid Corners ?  Miami spent on defense, waiting on to see about Tua. Like Bills did drafting Allen.

now Chan gone and Fitz i guess. they might need a do over for creating an Offense like ours in just 3 years :)

Yes they are.  Jones just signed with them this past off-season and is getting $16.5M/year and Howard is making $15M/year. 

And agree on the 2nd part.  Having to learn another offense won't help Tuna.

• Like (+1) 1