So, we're rooting for Pittsburgh next week, right?

BisonMan

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

That is all true plus our defense was near its bottom.  I have read the stories about Milano, Edmonds and Tre White were all banged up for a while but I am still amazed how the defense has turned around.

Agreed. I wouldn't say i am "scared" of the Titans as a team to play..... more like nervous. LOL! They have to get past the Colts first but beyond that, none of the other teams outside of the Titans make me nervous for our Bills. Not the Ravens or the Chiefs, and certainly not Cleveland or the Colts.

Just now, Do The Reich Thing said:

My dream scenario is Browns beat Steelers and the Titans beat the Ravens.

Bills obviously dismantle the Colts and then get the Titans in the second round. 

The Steelers are getting healthier and Ben has recovered a bit from his injury. I think the Bills can stop the Titans enough and the Titans defense is absolutely atrocious.

Same.   I'd much rather have the re-match w/ the Titans.  That first game had some flukey things, and it's tough to beat a team twice in a season.

Pittsburgh is a tougher match-up, imo.

But ultimately, I don't care that much.  This is a great Bills team.  Any given Sunday & all of that, but if they stay focused and healthy, it shouldn't matter who they play.

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yeah the only problem with the Steelers are the damn obnoxious Steeler fans and their idiotic terrible towels will try to invade our stadium.  I just hope with all the Covid protocol we can keep them out, certainly dont want to start a plague in Pittsburgh do we.

Assuming the ticket procedures are the same going forward (STH only, no forwarding/reselling) I don’t see how Stiller fans could invade. 

Edit: I feel I do need to say, one game at a time. I really, really don’t want a first round exit again.

Edited by jimmy10

37 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yeah the only problem with the Steelers are the damn obnoxious Steeler fans and their idiotic terrible towels will try to invade our stadium.  I just hope with all the Covid protocol we can keep them out, certainly dont want to start a plague in Pittsburgh do we.

They wont be in our stadium

14 minutes ago, Process said:

The fear of the ravens/titans needs to end. It's embarrassing, really. 

There's a healthy balance in the middle and extremes on both ends. I would argue that you are one extreme, where you seem to not give the Ravens respect commensurate with their performance. There are much better matchups for the Bills.

54 minutes ago, BisonMan said:

Given the seeding, I think we'd rather play Pittsburgh as opposed to the winner of the Titan/Ravens game. If the Browns win, they'll draw KC in round 2, automatically. 

I much prefer a Bills/Steelers rematch in Orchard Park over facing either of the running games from Tennessee or Baltimore.

Am I figuring this right? Anyone disagree?

Yes, and honestly I can't see anyway the Browns beat the Steelers on the road when they struggled to beat their backups at home and needed a failed 2 point conversion and recovered onside kick to hang on late.

Browns are a good team with a game manager at QB.  Mayfield cannot take over a game and win it by himself the way Mahomes, Allen or Rodgers can.

Just now, Fan in Chicago said:

You think that was the reason we handily beat them ?

I think it was an absolute contributor.  The Steelers had a very warped schedule this year and we got them at the perfect time.  Just like he Bills when they got their schedule all screwed up we had out two worst games in a row and I dont think it was coincidence.

51 minutes ago, cba fan said:

confusion seems to be semantics for some. They dont reseed. They just change the bracket so lowest remaining seed plays highest remaining seed at highest seed home stadium. 

Yes, it is semantics and accepted usage. 

When the NCAA basketball talks of reseeding the brackets they mean instead of adhering to the original matrix they would adjust the matchups to be highest seed vs lowest seed in each region and then even for the final four - they call that reseeding.  The NCAA doesn't do that now but the NFL does.

• Like (+1) 1

I think the Ravens will roll the Titans and set up an epic showdown with KC.

It would be nice to only have to play one of KC, BAL, TEN. 

If someone said you need to beat the Colts and Steelers (both at home) to get to the AFC Title game I would sign up for that now!

23 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I think it was an absolute contributor.  The Steelers had a very warped schedule this year and we got them at the perfect time.  Just like he Bills when they got their schedule all screwed up we had out two worst games in a row and I dont think it was coincidence.

It's been a weird year for the Steelers.  When the Bills caught them at the end of the 3 in 12 stretch, IMO, they were more out of sorts due to the on again/off again moving of the games as opposed to the 3 games in a short time span.  After all, with TNF, 3 in 12 is not all that uncommon.

That said, the Bills really started hitting their stride after their lousy first half in that game.

At this moment, I don't see a more complete team in the NFL than Buffalo.

It's nice to see Buffalo good again.  They were so irrelevant for so long, I forgot I liked them.   They disappeared for 20 years like my baseball Pirates did.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I think the Ravens will roll the Titans and set up an epic showdown with KC.

It would be nice to only have to play one of KC, BAL, TEN. 

If someone said you need to beat the Colts and Steelers (both at home) to get to the AFC Title game I would sign up for that now!

It would be ideal if after we beat the Colts the Ravens/Titans winners beats KC.  Then we beat the Browns/Steelers winner and we get 3 playoff home games.

27 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

I want Pittsburg simply because I think the Ravens have the best chance to beat KC other than the Bills.   I want the AFC championship in OP.

I simply can't root for the Ravens.  I'll just have to root for the Titans to beat the Ravens and then upset KC and then come to Heinz for the championship game after we flush the Browns and stun the red hot Bills. 😜😛

• Like (+1) 1

I feel that 4/5 match up are the two teams that have the best shot at pulling an upset in the bracket overall. I’d much rather they take on KC than Buffalo.  Pitt is pretty banged up and has been playing horribly, all that is out the window in the Playoffs, but I’d take them over dealing w the run game of either Tenn/Balt.

3 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

:oops:

Honestly, it's been a while since I've paid this close attention....is that a good excuse? Yeah, that's it...that one. Let's go with that....

:doh:

hey I wasn’t positive either!

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'm rooting for Buffalo and couldn't care less who we face next.  Obviously there are easier roads than others but the way our team is playing, I don't think anyone can stop us.  Maybe I am just a homer but this team is a legit super bowl contender and as long as they stay firing on all cylinders, there is no team that can slow the Bills down.  There is always that "any given Sunday" thing but this is the first time since the Kelly era where I actually expect to make the super bowl.

Before the season started I said division winners and win a playoff game.  Now I think ... get to the show and win that too!

Go get em Bills.... from an older M&T bank magnet that was a little too soon "This is our time."

Edited by Scott7975

50 minutes ago, njbuff said:

What a crash landing it would be if the Bills lost to the Colts.

With that said, the focus should be on the Colts and not even worrying beyond that right now.

For the players, yes, sure.  But what we all talk about has no bearing on what happens Saturday, so there's no reason we can't get ahead of ourselves.

5 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

All three of those teams are brutal matchups for the Bills and any of the three imo could survive. You get Derrick Henry on a roll and the Titans are brutal, same thing with Lamar.

My rankings before yesterday from most desirable to least desirable were:

Miami > Colts > Browns > Titans > Ravens

Colts have the next lowest offensive ceiling to Miami.

Browns/Titans could be seen as a toss up, but both secondaries stink. 

The Ravens have the run game and great talent on defense and have won (5) straight.

Definitely want Pittsburgh to beat the Browns and let the Chiefs deal with Tennessee/Baltimore. Let them tackle Derrick Henry or try to contain Lamar/Dobbins for 4-quarters. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

My rankings before yesterday from most desirable to least desirable were:

Miami > Colts > Browns > Titans > Ravens

Colts have the next lowest offensive ceiling to Miami.

Browns/Titans could be seen as a toss up, but both secondaries stink. 

The Ravens have the run game and great talent on defense and have won (5) straight.

Definitely want Pittsburgh to beat the Browns and let the Chiefs deal with Tennessee/Baltimore. Let them tackle Derrick Henry or try to contain Lamar/Dobbins for 4-quarters. 

Living in Houston I had to watch the Texans twice fumble away games in the final minutes  to the Colts.  I was not impressed with the Colts at all.  Take away just one of the games and Colts dont make the playoffs.

5 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

No, the seeding doesn't re-set. So, IF the Bills win, they play the winner of the Steelers / Browns game, while KC plays the winner of the Ravens / Titans game. That was why the #2 seed was so important, along with home field if they play two rounds. If the Bills keep winning and KC were to keep winning, they couldn't face off until the AFC Championship game. 

the seeding has always reset.  KC plays the lowest seed left.

as of now the only certain pairs are if the colts win they are at KC.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Living in Houston I had to watch the Texans twice fumble away games in the final minutes  to the Colts.  I was not impressed with the Colts at all.  Take away just one of the games and Colts dont make the playoffs.

Yeah I agree, take yesterday for example.

The 1-15 Jaguars with Mike Glennon played the entire second half at 21-14 with the Colts and forced numerous punts with the Rivers led offense.