Fun Monday: Add one player from non playoff roster/playoff drought Bills

1 hour ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

CMC posted insane stats, and the Panthers still had one of the worst records in the NFL.

This season, the Panthers are literally a better football team WITHOUT CMC.

The Panthers are a better team this year because they ditched Cam. Having an accurate game manager at QB is an upgrade alone, but they'd be in the wildcard hunt with a healthy CMC all year.

25 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Chase Young is going to make a run at Bruce Smiths sack record when it’s all said and done. Chase Young is the easy choice, he’s only 21 years old and will be so fun to watch in the coming years. Young is the type of DE that only comes out once every 50 years.

They were saying this about Myles Garrett 

8 hours ago, H2o said:

This is actually a tough question. Darren Waller would have to be the guy I would take though. Can you imagine Diggs, Brown, Beasley, and Waller on the field at the same time? We'd put up 40+ every week. 

Waller gets my vote. So many Bills fans are content with sitting tight with Knox & Co.  Not me. Those 4 on the field at the same time would be devastating to defenses. 

• Like (+1) 1

If it has to be a Bill, I choose Kyle Williams. 

If it’s any player on any roster that’s not going to

make the playoffs from any era, Fletcher Cox. 

Edited by Yav

I think the drought-era Bill that would improve us most right now is Fred Jackson.  He had an uncanny savvy for picking up short first downs and turning 1 yard gains into 5 yards gains (Singletary and Moss both do this occasionally with pure effort but Freddie just knew how to hit tiny holes with the body control to fall the right way).

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, blitzboy54 said:

I can read, I said choose one.

Who doesn't like choices?

People that can't read? 

13 minutes ago, blitzboy54 said:

LOL, how many clowns cannot read

Any of the following

Kyle Williams

Nate Clements

Antoine Winfield

Eric Moulds

Aaron Schobel

Moulds was on a playoff team.  Had the playoff record for receiving yards in a game for a long time. 

47 minutes ago, JY422 said:

Fred Jackson. No doubt #1. 
Kyle Williams #2

Eric Wood #3

stephon Gilmore #4

Wood? That would be heart over head for sure.

Moulds was absolutely unreal. For this team as built now? Prime schobel or spikes or pat williams...sure I'm missing some obvious choices.

LOL at folks saying Fred Jackson.  The piece this team needs to make them truly elite is a stud edge rusher opposite Hughes.  Mario Williams or Aaron Schobel are the easy choices from drought-era Bills’ rosters IMO.

22 minutes ago, eball said:

LOL at folks saying Fred Jackson.  The piece this team needs to make them truly elite is a stud edge rusher opposite Hughes.  Mario Williams or Aaron Schobel are the easy choices from drought-era Bills’ rosters IMO.

Ya think?  I'll take some Takeo Spikes please and thank you.

My second choice would probably be Nate Clements.

Edited by That's No Moon

I think a lot of people misread the post. 

Fred Jackson, because he's Fred Jackson and for as good as he was, it was a damn shame he was never on a good team here.

Would also take Takeo Spikes or Aaron Schobel. 

Edited by CLTbills

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

Ya think?  I'll take some Takeo Spikes please and thank you.

My second choice would probably be Nate Clements.

Yes, come to think of it, a second shutdown corner opposite Tre would make this defense scary.

1 minute ago, eball said:

Yes, come to think of it, a second shutdown corner opposite Tre would make this defense scary.

It would. I still say don't be surprised if we take a corner at the end of the 1st round in April. I just think value in those last 4 or 5 slots in round 1 might put that position in the pot and having a cost controlled guy opposite Tre for the next 5 years while he is expensive saves you paying money to more Vontae Davis and Josh Norman type sticking plaster vets. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

From a non playoff bound roster it would be a Bosa. From a Bills drought team it would be 2014 Mario Williams. A top end pass rusher would put this team absolutely on a par with the Chiefs IMO.

Would you not take Schobel over Mario Williams? Schobel was like the energizer bunny.. very underrated player in bills history.. Overlooked because he played on terrible teams.. 

Another player that comes to mind for me is Lee Evans.. Elite WR but had terrible quarterbacks throughout his career.. But I still think I’d have to go with Schobel... Jason Peters would also be a great option..

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, loyal2dagame said:

Aaron Schobel. If he was on the 2020 Bills in his prime,  we would for sure be superbowl champs this year

I still can't figure out why so many Bills fans liked him and Kelsay. I was happy when they both retired. Horribly overrated players. 🤢🤮

3 hours ago, eball said:

ha...so you laugh at people saying Fred Jackson then you say they need an elite edge rusher and you come up with Aaron Schobel? Dude was seriously over rated and nothing more than crap on any other roster. Hell why don't you add in Kelsay to that mix instead of Mario and just say they need another over rated edge guy that consistently gets out of his lane. 

28 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Would you not take Schobel over Mario Williams? Schobel was like the energizer bunny.. very underrated player in bills history.. Overlooked because he played on terrible teams.. 

Another player that comes to mind for me is Lee Evans.. Elite WR but had terrible quarterbacks throughout his career.. But I still think I’d have to go with Schobel... Jason Peters would also be a great option..

Nah. I think peak Mario was more dominant. 

24 minutes ago, Yav said:

I still can't figure out why so many Bills fans liked him and Kelsay. I was happy when they both retired. Horribly overrated players. 🤢🤮

ha...so you laugh at people saying Fred Jackson then you say they need an elite edge rusher and you come up with Aaron Schobel? Dude was seriously over rated and nothing more than crap on any other roster. Hell why don't you add in Kelsay to that mix instead of Mario and just say they need another over rated edge guy that consistently gets out of his lane. 

My logic is simple -- the Bills don't need any players on offense to take them over the top.  The defense could use help primarily at 2nd CB or edge rusher.  If you think Schobel was trash/overrated then I don't have very much respect for your football-related cognitive abilities.  A player of his caliber on this defense would "eat."

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, eball said:

My logic is simple -- the Bills don't need any players on offense to take them over the top.  The defense could use help primarily at 2nd CB or edge rusher.  If you think Schobel was trash/overrated then I don't have very much respect for your football-related cognitive abilities.  A player of his caliber on this defense would "eat."

I think Schobel was generally a bit overrated by Bills fans but he most definitely was not trash he was a productive and consistent edge rusher and throwing him in a category with Chris Kelsay makes no sense.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

It would. I still say don't be surprised if we take a corner at the end of the 1st round in April. I just think value in those last 4 or 5 slots in round 1 might put that position in the pot and having a cost controlled guy opposite Tre for the next 5 years while he is expensive saves you paying money to more Vontae Davis and Josh Norman type sticking plaster vets. 

I agree, but if Zaven Collins is there you got to get him. Imagine him and Tremaine at LB. Can get a Paulson Adebo in 2nd or a DJ Daniel later

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

I agree, but if Zaven Collins is there you got to get him. Imagine him and Tremaine at LB. Can get a Paulson Adebo in 2nd or a DJ Daniel later

It will be about what represents value I think. When you are at that back end of the first you have to be willing to take a guy you don't really need if he just happens to have slipped. If a guy you have a top 15 grade on gets to 26 or 30 or 32... wherever we end up picking you can't pass on him just because a guy you really like and have a top 30 grade on is there at a position of need.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, eball said:

Well, I won't loose sleep over you have no respect for my football-related cognitive abilities, esp. sine you think an over-rated lunch pale player would "eat" on this defense. An elite edge rusher would be Mario Williams. But hey cool story bro.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Schobel was generally a bit overrated by Bills fans but he most definitely was not trash he was a productive and consistent edge rusher and throwing him in a category with Chris Kelsay makes no sense.

I think they were both overrated by Bills fans and why I lump them together. I never liked either of them, it was frustrating watching them disappear for games and then show up when weaker talent was playing on the opposing OL.